FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Custom amp created by Bob Carver (AND I SHIT ON IT)

<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Custom amp created by Bob Carver

Don wrote:
Don wrote:At this point I believe the best course of action is for forum members to just ignore this thread. I don't see anything positive or constructive by the continuation of keeping this at the top of the forums. My two cents.

I don't mean to repeat myself but! ](*,) ](*,)

A FUCKIN MEN!!!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:26 pm

you guys just can't stop replying can you?
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:28 pm

d0n, I would offer to make a tube amp for you for free. But I would be tempted to hook the speaker posts up to the AC line voltage. This is my last post in this thread .SO LONG LOSER
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/2,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM/42,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11,5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime will come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass and I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:38 pm

The wonderful truth of this life is, karma will catch up with folks like you and F1, eventually . Reap what you guys sow, tenfold.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 pm

d0n wrote: Wow f1 you don't know whether to get on the bandwagon or get off. :lol:

It's amazing how easily people are swayed when in a "group setting".

No shit for brains, my conviction has not wavered. Bob delivered a sub-standard product, a fact I don't believe anyone can agrue. You became a fucktard, in my opinion, when you listed it on eBay for a crazy amount of money. That shouldn't be hard for even a fucktard like yourself to understand.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:17 pm

gdb wrote:The wonderful truth of this life is, karma will catch up with folks like you and F1, eventually . Reap what you guys sow, tenfold.

I do reap what I sow and have nothing but good Karma because unlike you, I actually help people here, at Polk and in person. Hell, you won't even show your face at Carverfest or Polkfest and you live only 45 minutes from Polk.

Keep dreaming and don't forget to take your meds.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:31 pm

F1nut wrote:
gdb wrote:The wonderful truth of this life is, karma will catch up with folks like you and F1, eventually . Reap what you guys sow, tenfold.

I do reap what I sow and have nothing but good Karma because unlike you, I actually help people here, at Polk and in person. Hell, you won't even show your face at Carverfest or Polkfest and you live only 45 minutes from Polk.

Keep dreaming and don't forget to take your meds.

Sorry, too cerebral for your arrested mentality/maturity. FYI..... I wouldn't travel 4.5 minutes to rub elbows with you, or your ilk . =;
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:56 pm

LOL....yeah right! The truth is you don't have the balls because you know you're not welcome.

<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:05 pm

F1nut wrote:LOL....yeah right! The truth is you don't have the balls because you know you're not welcome.

Perfect, enjoy. Reap.
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:36 pm

gdb wrote: I wouldn't travel 4.5 minutes to rub elbows with you, or your ilk . =;

all talk, this one. :-#
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 am

Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 am

Well.......... I have to say, this quite a predicament. I just finished reading all 14 pages after talking to Bob. I hadn't even looked at the post till he mentioned it.
I feel for d0n, that the transformer covers were not up to his standards, and that the LED switch is missing... All that is a shame. But in the end, it's just a "toy"

The 1st email back to Bob was a big mistake. I have worked with Bob side by side, and even lived with him for about 3-4 weeks. Having read your email to him (which is not a very nice thing to do, post other's emails on a forum) I can see where you went wrong. The way you worded some of this was VERY insulting. If you go through life talking to people like this, I'm sure you run into plenty of problems.

d0n wrote:Bob, I received the amp yesterday.
I'm fairly disappointed in the finish on the 3 transformers.[i] It looks someone painted them with a brush
. They're not even all the same color or finish.
I was hoping for an amplifier that would "wow" people when I popped the top off. When I pop the top off this thing, people are just going to be befuddled (as I was) with the sloppy paint work.
I was really expecting more after paying almost double the original price we agreed on and after seeing your beautiful tube amps on ebay. I'm really curious just what the hell happened with this thing Bob? Did you farm the build out to some neighborhood kids or something? I know you didn't do this. I'm kind of surprised that you even signed it given it's surprising lack of quality control.
I haven't even hooked it up yet. Hopefully, it will have an angelic sound that will overcome it's sloppiness.
...perpetually expecting too much,
-Don[/i]

Sir, you have absolutely no tact what so ever, and fully deserved the reply you were given.

See, here is the fun part though (for me at least)...
I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag, as I wouldn't want to upset the 'powers that be'
But trust me, the joke is on you, and those in the know, we are all laughing right now.
You paid almost $3,000 right ??? :D

Oh, by the way... anyone with a Facebook account.. LIKE and SHARE this post, and FLOOD the internet. No way will he sell it :shock:
http://www.facebook.com/james.faceyspac ... 5307537930

Gary, get to posting on the forums... I know you are on about 384 of them. A little "BUYER BEWARE" topic might be nice???
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:33 pm

=D> =D> =D>

...And the douchebag of the galaxy award goes to: d0n!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Gene C

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Lol! You guys are killing me over here. This guys toast!
Living room...Sunfire TGP-III 11.4 setup 4 Silver Seven t's/Infinity Kappa 9A (main)/ 4 TFM-45's/ CRS3 (main) /Sunfire CRS3C (center)/Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 v2/Jolida JD-9 II /Apple TV/Wadia 171i/SD/A-490T /WA6/Infinity PS-312 sub & Sunfire Signature Sub (rear)/2 Martin Logan Dynamo 1000 watt subs (front)/AV-806X/4 Infinity C255ES bi pole speakers for sur, sur back and side axis/70" Sharp Aquos LC-70LE733U/Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray/Douglas Interconnects & 9ga speaker cable. Garage... HR-742/AudioSource EQ Eight Series II /TFM-6C/4 Infinity micro sl speakers/2 Martin Logan Motion 4/Infinity Entra 12" Sub. Office...TX-11a/C-1 Bill D mod by Dennis/Rich P. M-1.0t MKII opt 2/DTL-200/Infinity Kappa 6
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:24 pm

I don't believe this guy intends on selling this monstrosity, at least in this listing, he's simply nose thumbing at Bob and his "stated" value of $10k. When it doesn't sell after "X" amount of time he'll spin it around and call Mr. Carver a liar for over stating the value of the amplifier. [-( [-(
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 600x2
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch "mini" Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
PreviousNext

Return to Fight Club