It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:36 am

Trav0810's System

<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Trav0810's System

trav0810 wrote:
OconeeOrange wrote:Good gear, interesting amp.
I am also a fan of POLK speakers, have a few.
Wish I were near enough to give a listen to yours.

Unfortunately, right now I have more gear than places to put it. Especially Polk Speakers!

You not only have OCCD, now we can officially put you into the PCCD group along with me :lol:

Edit: Woops that should be OPCD :lol:
Last edited by helicopterpilotdoug on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 am

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:
trav0810 wrote:
OconeeOrange wrote:Good gear, interesting amp.
I am also a fan of POLK speakers, have a few.
Wish I were near enough to give a listen to yours.

Unfortunately, right now I have more gear than places to put it. Especially Polk Speakers!

You not only have OCCD, now we can officially put you into the PCCD group along with me :lol:

Yeah. I can't seem to turn down a good opportunity to pick up either one.
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 pm

trav0810 wrote:TOOOOOOOBS!!!!!

This is my first ever Tube Amp, just finished by OTD. I should have it sometime next week. I just bought a set of Polk Monitor 5's to pair with it!

I received the tube amp today. The smoothest sounding amp I have ever heard. I'm running it direct with no tone control and I am thrilled with the results. Very full sound. I am starting to see what all the fuss is about regarding tubes!!!
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 pm

trav0810 wrote:I received the tube amp today. The smoothest sounding amp I have ever heard. I'm running it direct with no tone control and I am thrilled with the results. Very full sound. I am starting to see what all the fuss is about regarding tubes!!!

I just got my M1.0t in today hehehe.... I am understanding what the hype about this amp is \:D/ \:D/ .

Now to find a time to watch the LED's bounce when the wife and baby are not around...
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm

EndersShadow wrote:
trav0810 wrote:I received the tube amp today. The smoothest sounding amp I have ever heard. I'm running it direct with no tone control and I am thrilled with the results. Very full sound. I am starting to see what all the fuss is about regarding tubes!!!

I just got my M1.0t in today hehehe.... I am understanding what the hype about this amp is \:D/ \:D/ .

Now to find a time to watch the LED's bounce when the wife and baby are not around...

A freshly recapped M1 is a beautiful thing! Enjoy! (I just bought my third MKII this week!)
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm

These are the new speakers for the Carver System. I got my new cables from http://douglasconnection.com/ so I am getting ready to bi-amp the SDA's.
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 am

Congrats! =D> =D> You've got me looking into these Polk thingies.. may have to pick me up a pair. :-$ :-$
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 am

jjptkd wrote:Congrats! =D> =D> You've got me looking into these Polk thingies.. may have to pick me up a pair. :-$ :-$

:)
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 am

jjptkd wrote:Congrats! =D> =D> You've got me looking into these Polk thingies.. may have to pick me up a pair. :-$ :-$

I can't wait to get my garage remodel finished so that I can actually hear these in a space that allows them to perform at the level they are meant to. In the small room I have them jammed into right now, they are a bit stifled. I haven't even bothered hooking up the SDA cable yet.
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 pm

trav0810 wrote:

I can't wait to get my garage remodel finished so that I can actually hear these in a space that allows them to perform at the level they are meant to. In the small room I have them jammed into right now, they are a bit stifled. I haven't even bothered hooking up the SDA cable yet.

Once you get some space and let those bad boys sing, they'll blow you away Travis! Those are some fantastic speakers. Do you know the history on them? Have they had the Xovers rebuilt and/or any of the Club Polk mods done yet?
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.

<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:14 pm

trav0810 wrote:

Once you get some space and let those bad boys sing, they'll blow you away Travis! Those are some fantastic speakers. Do you know the history on them? Have they had the Xovers rebuilt and/or any of the Club Polk mods done yet?

They are stock. I plan on upgrading the tweeters first, then having the x-overs done down the road. I already have the dynamat for the baskets.
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 am

trav0810 wrote:
helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Once you get some space and let those bad boys sing, they'll blow you away Travis! Those are some fantastic speakers. Do you know the history on them? Have they had the Xovers rebuilt and/or any of the Club Polk mods done yet?

They are stock. I plan on upgrading the tweeters first, then having the x-overs done down the road. I already have the dynamat for the baskets.

Sounds like a plan Travis =D> Doing these upgrades to my SDA 2B's and SRS 2's made a world of difference. If you can get with Larry (Toolfan66) over on the Polk forum, he might still have some of the mounting rings for the MW and PR. Highly recommended. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the sound as you go along.

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:53 pm

trav0810 wrote:
helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Once you get some space and let those bad boys sing, they'll blow you away Travis! Those are some fantastic speakers. Do you know the history on them? Have they had the Xovers rebuilt and/or any of the Club Polk mods done yet?

Sounds like a plan Travis =D> Doing these upgrades to my SDA 2B's and SRS 2's made a world of difference. If you can get with Larry (Toolfan66) over on the Polk forum, he might still have some of the mounting rings for the MW and PR. Highly recommended. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the sound as you go along.

He does and he is thinking about another run IIRC.

I am debating picking up some for my RTA 11TL drivers (minus the PR) and maybe some tweeter brackets too if he has any left (which I dont think he does unless he runs more).
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm

They must not of sold the SDA up here in the arctic......I've never even seen a pair let alone heard one. I'd sure like to though. Enjoy Trav.
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:19 am

PDR wrote:They must not of sold the SDA up here in the arctic......I've never even seen a pair let alone heard one. I'd sure like to though. Enjoy Trav.

If life ever brings you anywhere near Indiana, I'd be more than happy to put you up for a couple days and you could check mine out first hand!
PreviousNext

Return to List / Update Your System