FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:38 am

Carverfest amps... how many are actually working???

<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: Carverfest amps... how many are actually working???

kingman wrote:Recounting and adding 1 for Alex the total now stands at 21 if we give Frankie credit for never using his and not knowing whether it works or not!!! :lol:

I do not have an amp Wayne... Mine was sold to Ray (WRSTPS) to make up the money that was needed to finish all the amps I brought home from CF to build for others... On the other hand, I have 15/100 chassis left unbuilt and 3 amps started, for a total of 18 amps out of 100 ordered... Out there in the world, are 82 CF amps floating around. Also, out of those 82 amps, Bob's asistant, Jordon, built 15 of them.
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 pm

1 built and running 2 still not built
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:25 pm

So with Roy counted we are at 20 working amps built at Carverfest. :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm

If you really want to see if anybody is left out, you could look at the event photo's and see if there are some that haven't responded but likely did complete.

Wonder if we need a follow up at this year's fest to fix up any? Shouldn't be too hard or too timely to fix ones with some kind of errors in them. I'm not talking about a big build for those not done but to fix problems.

Since Bob can't easily bring tools, I'd be up for that...IF we knew what was needed in advance.

Is that what this thread is about? Or just interested in how many really, really got done?

Mark
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:33 pm

I will be bringing mine to the fest, & it has not had any of the updates done to it!! I have the zener diodes but have not did anything with them as was not sure where they went! If anyone would like to do the updates on it I would appreciate it!! 6 months to go, really looking forward to it!
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Mark and Harry,,you guys are prince's,,, thank you for volunteering. =D>
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Mark and Harry,,you guys are prince's,,, thank you for volunteering. =D>

It just came to me that some may have never got to the point of setting down with their amp and listening. And that's a real shame!

At the end of that week, as best as I knew Bob had gotten through most that were done. But I think a few had issues later and a few may have pretty much have finished up later.

If by bringing some test eq, putting in a little time and maybe snagging Bob for a final check out, we could get a few more folks the satisfaction of their own Bob CF amp then we should be doing it! I suspect Bob would take pleasure in giving his blessing to any finished up or formerly crippled.

I noticed how you snuck Harry in there.....does that mean I committed him too?? :-k Here's Harry right now... :rolleyes:

Bring yours on down Al! Just don't forget this time to bring the cheese!!

Mark

PS...A good time will be had by all!! Looking forward to it....
<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks George. Now heres a little somethin for you. If I were you i would get my ass moving and call the cabins to lock in my reservation or you and your lovely wife Janice will be sleeping under that guys trailer that sells the boiled peanuts. I meant lovely wife most sincerely.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/2,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM/42,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11,5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime will come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass and I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:25 pm

yes sir!
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Sounds good mark, will bring you guys some fresh wisconsin cheese curds :-)
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:45 pm

frenchguy wrote:Sounds good mark, will bring you guys some fresh wisconsin cheese curds :-)

What in the heck do you do with curds? Put 'um on cereal or eat 'em like popcorn?

I'm from the midwest you know. The midwest as in we grow corn and cow turds. I don't know nuthin bout that cheese stuff. I was thinkin you'd show up with a big block on your head or something! I mean, I've seen photo's...I think you guys were 'em like hats most the time don't ya? Do you have Sunday go to chuch kinda cheese hats? (....I was looking over here and I don't see an emotive with a cheesehead. Dang....)

Won't be here soon enough, will it Al? Getter booked!! You too George!

Mark
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 pm

radioeng2 wrote:
Zoot Horn wrote:Mark and Harry,,you guys are prince's,,, thank you for volunteering. =D>

It just came to me that some may have never got to the point of setting down with their amp and listening. And that's a real shame!

At the end of that week, as best as I knew Bob had gotten through most that were done. But I think a few had issues later and a few may have pretty much have finished up later.

If by bringing some test eq, putting in a little time and maybe snagging Bob for a final check out, we could get a few more folks the satisfaction of their own Bob CF amp then we should be doing it! I suspect Bob would take pleasure in giving his blessing to any finished up or formerly crippled.

I noticed how you snuck Harry in there.....does that mean I committed him too?? :-k Here's Harry right now... :rolleyes:

Bring yours on down Al! Just don't forget this time to bring the cheese!!

Mark

PS...A good time will be had by all!! Looking forward to it....

I was thinking of this myself last night but lacking the skills to help I just tabled mentioning the idea. Good on you Mark!!! You too Harry:-) If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I'd like to build one using boutique parts and see if we could actually hear the difference. I think it would be a great experiment.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 pm

you eat them like popcorn mark, when they are fresh they squeak when you eat them!! they also batter them & deep fry them too, they are awesome, will bring some for you guys!! looking foward to it, Melody & I should be all healed up by then, she had appendix out in november & broke ankle in january, she should be back on her feet in a month or so!! been one hell of a year for us, they say bad things come in 3,s, if thats the case we should be done!! things are looking good the last 2 months so thats a start :-) we will be there even if we have to drive hoveround scooters to get there, LOL, see ya on the mountain!!!!! \:D/
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 am

I have/had a total of 4 of them. 2 went back to Carver as trade ins and I still have 2 that I would say are 99% there. They work they sound great, except for the occasional funny sound. The end result is there are 2 less of them out there.
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - empty, Klipschorns

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec A4's
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:15 pm

tinpan wrote:I have/had a total of 4 of them. 2 went back to Carver as trade ins and I still have 2 that I would say are 99% there. They work they sound great, except for the occasional funny sound. The end result is there are 2 less of them out there.

Which two amps went back to bob and why if you don't mind me asking. What was the issue with them? What serial numbers were they?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)