It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:09 am

Carver sells out to emo

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 am

Re: Carver sells out to emo

From Tony Ferrero:

My cell phone and email has been "lit up" with messages of concern about Emotiva buying Bob Carver LLC. This is a VERY good thing for us. Bob will now be able to develop his great designs with the full engineering support of Emotiva's resources. Before this purchase we were a tiny company with Bob designing, me running all of the operations, sales, purchasing, etc. and two guys building as fast as they could. Now, we have some tremendous resources at our disposal. There are great things coming!! ~Tony
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:04 am

CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:14 am

angelod307 wrote:
Carv-it-up wrote:WHAT'S AN I-MAG? [-o<

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16339&p=172936&hilit=imag#p172936

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Some interesting comments I made note of from the emo site.

One guy posts,
Emotiva is a company that already has trouble meeting schedules and promises (e.g. xmc-1, umc-500, etc, etc).

Which is very true and some of their products have had a lot of problems.

Then another guy posts this,
When I first read this thread last night, the first thing I thought of was I wonder what all those people who thought Emo was going under were thinking now?

So, it would seem there are financial problems, which I have heard as well.

I predict this is not going to end well.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:44 pm

It came to my attention today that someone I know, who just joined the emo site, was just banned for life. Not for something they said, no. But rather that SOMEONE ELSE said that person thought emo gear was entry level, which it is. Are you fucking kidding me!?! Well, no. It's been long known that anything negative said about emo gets deleted and the user banned. Yeah, great bunch there, all fighting over which emo gets to suck little dan's tiny dick first. :rolleyes:

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

cring08

TFM-35

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:48 pm

F1nut wrote:It came to my attention today that someone I know, who just joined the emo site, was just banned for life. Not for something they said, no. But rather that SOMEONE ELSE said that person thought emo gear was entry level, which it is. Are you fucking kidding me!?! Well, no. It's been long known that anything negative said about emo gets deleted and the user banned. Yeah, great bunch there, all fighting over which emo gets to suck little dan's tiny dick first. :rolleyes:

=D> =D>

I have never heard of emo?
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Sunfire TGP IV
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Apple tv
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:55 pm

cring08 wrote: I have never heard of emo?

Sleep well, you haven't missed a thing.

<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:32 pm

F1nut wrote:
cring08 wrote: I have never heard of emo?

Sleep well, you haven't missed a thing.

LMAO!!!!!!!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:19 pm

cring08 wrote:
=D> =D>

I have never heard of emo?

Agreed with Jesse. Sleep well.

Ps I attempted to post a funny pic but my damn phone won't let me lol....

Busted out the computer for you folks...

"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

cring08

TFM-35

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Oops, I meant emotiva!
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Sunfire TGP IV
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Apple tv
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Yep... Saying their gear is leaps and bounds better than what you can get from a big box store and is entry level into the world of high performance is considered ban for life material and can draw the wrath of swarms of emoettes tryings to kill you. One reviewer has been threatened as well, to the poi t that he wrote a letter of apology to the emo community and has also been banned from their site. Their gear is made in china... Not a big deal, but the fact that they also adhere to strict devotion to their dear leader, Dannissan jun Il, and use communist "Saul Aulinsky" ropaganda tactics to promote and defend their "perfect unity" "perfect brand" means I am done with anything that lives under the same roof.

The same reviewer by the way, told their VP. of technology and development at a demo somewhere that Emotiva had by far the best gear he had ever heard at that price point. The reviewer extended his hand to congratulate him, and the guy refused, saying "we have the best gear at any price point!", and the stopped off in a bit of Emo-fueled rage. I have not heard this first hand, but it does tend to fit with everything else...
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:35 pm

well, at least some of us have the original good stuff, pre emo.....

I really think Bob sold, so that he now can tinker and design stuff and not have to worry about runnin a company.
now he will have more time to chase his girlfriend around..... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :D

Good for him... :D
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 pm

mbskeam wrote:well, at least some of us have the original good stuff, pre emo.....

I really think Bob sold, so that he now can tinker and design stuff and not have to worry about runnin a company.
now he will have more time to chase his girlfriend around..... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :D

Good for him... :D

On this we can all agree. I have nothing but respect for Bob, and congratulated him on the move, but that doesn't mean I need to do business with the new owners. Hopefully I can see Bob and his bride sometime this week. 8)
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:56 am

Bunch of punk ass Kool-Aid drinkers that wouldn't know good sound if it hit them in the ears. Pfffft.

One of the things I find a bit odd about this whole deal. Not many of the emo base are able to afford one of Carver's tube amps. After all, cheap is the main attraction to their products. It doesn't seem like a wise union.

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm

as I have not done a A/B on a emo amp VS Carver.
has anyone done this????
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Corp. Gone Forever