FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Carver sells out to emo

<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Re: Carver sells out to emo

I have not heard one in several years so my info is out of date, but at that time Sunfire Sigs kicked their ass...
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:03 pm

No effect on vintage Carver and Sunfire amps and if I ever want (doubtful) one of Bob's current tube amp (in the 180 to 305 w/c class), well I'm sure I can get one off ePray. So no need to ever deal with this new company....sounds like they suck. I posted elsewhere that I thought that this move (i.e., commercialization) of Bob's recent tube amps would/could lead to a certain amount of "wateringdown" of these amps. From what I'm reading here, that sounds pretty likely now. But good news for all those that currently own these recent Bob Father tube amps (now to most likely be referred to as "pre Emo merger" Carver tube amps): they will now be worth more than before (the Chinese Emo clones start arriving here...)! But still a great (most likely) financial (and creative) move for Bob, IMO!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Well, they (emo) have stated manufacturing will remain in KY, so maybe everything will be ok. Time will tell.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 pm

more info.....

Today, Jade Design, parent company of Emotiva, Emotiva Pro, and Sherbourn, has completed the acquisition of tube amp manufacturer Bob Carver, LLC. The acquisition includes a long-term intellectual property agreement allowing Jade Design’s brands to utilize Bob Carver’s engineering ideas.

“This is a milestone in audio,” said Laufman, in a press release. “Bob Carver is a legendary name. It’s no exaggeration to call him one of the most brilliant, creative, and innovative designers in high-end audio, and I am thrilled to now call him my colleague.”

Bob Carver said: “Watching Dan and his team create the first truly successful direct-to-consumer high-end audio brand has brought me great pleasure, and I can’t think of anyone I’d rather partner with than Dan Laufman.”

All Carver products will continue to be handmade in the US, but will now benefit from Jade’s larger and more efficient manufacturing facilities and Emotiva’s PureDirect sales model. Current Carver dealers will be able to continue selling through Jade with its PureDirect Partner program—a streamlined, territory-protected model that provides full support and shipping.

While Jade’s brands will still be sold direct via the Web, the company is determined to support existing dealers. “We won’t undercut the dealers,” said Laufman. “And there’ll be no need for the dealer to discount below the website’s advertised prices.” Any discounts advertised online will carry over to the bricks-and-mortar stores, so that the dealers’ margins stay the same.

The retail prices of Carver’s components will decrease accordingly, sometimes dramatically: The Black Beauty monoblock power amp, originally $13,000/pair, will now cost $7999/pair; the Cherry 180 monoblock, originally $9000/pair, will cost $5999/pair; the Black Magic stereo power amplifier, originally $2500, will cost $1690. For current owners who bought through dealers, Jade Design will offer a 50% discount on the direct price for an upcoming Carver Black Velvet preamp.

All of Bob Carver, LLC’s operations will move to the Jade Design facility in Franklin, TN, which in turn is being retrofitted for Carver production. With Bob Carver’s vision and expertise, Jade plans to expand the line to include subwoofers, speakers, and several new tubed products, including a DAC. “Emotive will take these ideas to market in a meaningful way,” said Laufman.

For Laufman, the opportunity to build electronics in the US has “stoked a fire.” He hopes to soon move production of certain Emotiva products to the US, as well.

“US manufacturing is in my blood,” he explained. “We’re excited to get back into it. We’ve got a great team here and we’re going to be successful with it.”
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

kingman

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:00 am

Black Velvet pre amp.... Hummmmmmmm........
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Black Velvet pre-- okay-- who has more information about this,, sounds innarresting!!
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah exactly George, would like to hear more about that pre also !!
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Bob has brought up a few times, a re-worked Sunfire pre, with better phono stage.
I'm sure that's all it will be.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

kingman

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 am

Toy Maker wrote:Bob has brought up a few times, a re-worked Sunfire pre, with better phono stage.

James... do you think the phono mod will be similar to Brian T's modded stage Bob did?
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:52 pm

kingman wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:Bob has brought up a few times, a re-worked Sunfire pre, with better phono stage.

James... do you think the phono mod will be similar to Brian T's modded stage Bob did?

Wayne

Only time will tell :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

See you soon.

BTW. I,m thinking of selling one of my Sunfire Tube Preamps (full load phono stage and remote)

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:09 am

\:D/
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:10 am

BrianT wrote:
kingman wrote:

Wayne

Only time will tell :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

See you soon.

BTW. I,m thinking of selling one of my Sunfire Tube Preamps (full load phono stage and remote)

Brian

ME TOO
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Guys'' not to derail,, but whats a fair price for a sunfire linestage(no phono)?
Thanks in advance.
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Guys'' not to derail,, but whats a fair price for a sunfire linestage(no phono)?
Thanks in advance.

George.
This is what I think they are worth.

Sunfire Tube PreAmp:

No Phono, No Remote. No Marks. $1100.00
No Phono, No Marks but has Remote $1200.00/$1250.00
Full load, Phono, Remote, No Marks $1600.00/$1800.00
Extra full load, Modded Phono Stage, Remote, No Marks "PRICELESS" :D

Lets see what other people think as i have a full load for sale.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks Brian,, you answered my question precisely.I 'm thinking about the Classic w/remote. Judging by your response 600 is a good deal.
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Corp. Gone Forever