FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:21 am

Carverfest Beer, Spirits and Food thread.............

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:39 pm

Carverfest Beer, Spirits and Food thread.............

Instead of having a very long thread containing many different topics concerning Carverfest, collectively we have figured that it would be easier to post a thread with information of how we are going to have food, beer and spirits supplied at the 1st Carverfest.

Please post on this thread any opinions or suggestions all of you fine folks have as to how we can make this part of Carverfest easier, or at the very least, more convenient for all that attend.

In Charlotte, we have a Sam's club and a Frugal Mc Dougal's. For those who do not know, Sam's is where we can get bulk items, such as meat, veggies, breads and a slew of other things to feed everybody at a substantially reduced cost. Frugal Mc Dougal's is basically the same thing, however this store supplies the Beer and spirits.

Of course, those that attend can always bring their own stash. That's not a problem. However, if you folks would like, we can collectively figure something out that pleases everybody attending......without breaking the bank.

Just to let you all know, I have a truck that will have in the back 2 "marine" coolers that are approx. 4'x2'x2' along with a multitude of other sized coolers that will hold enough perishables for everybody coming with plenty of room left over for the non-perishables. Those coolers, once emptied into the refrigerators can be utilized for cokes, fruit drinks, Kool-Aid or whatever during the event. Kegs, and spirits are a 1/2 mile off the beaten path to Carverfest from Charlotte, so if you want, TFM-75 and I can pick everything up for those who are interested.

Please keep this thread focused on the topic at hand and if you are attending and are a "resident chef", if you will, let us know what recipies you want to have, and we'll make sure we have the cooking utensils to make it happen!

Available at Watershed 11 [the main hosting cabin]...............

Slow cooker (lg.)
Rotisserie cooker (large enough for a 23 lb. turkey)
Steamer (lg.)
Deep fryer (sm.)
Fondue setup
Serving dishes and presentation dishes

This is on top of the included items , such as stove/oven, cast iron cookware (lots), toasters, coffee makers, fireplaces and outdoor grills provided by the cabins.

Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:23 am

1-800-TAKEOUT ;)
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

MaddHouseMouse

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:20 am

My 2 cents

Hey Everyone,

I have been the local Buffalo Wing maker over the past several months as everyone I know who has tried them asks for the recipe. So I will bring the spices to make a large batch. I am a Sam's member so I will be able to pick up the perishables there (wings, celery and such). I will, however, need something more substantial than a small deep fryer. I could always use a fry-pan and keep a cycle going. In addition, I thought that I would make a large tray of 7 layer bean dip. Mainly, my addition will be finger-foods. I'm sure to have lots of other stuff to bring that I cannot think of at this time of day. Any requests?

Only stipulation, just because I am a gal, does not mean that I will do all the cooking. I know of a few FORUM guys who enjoy cooking. I will help all I can but will not want to wear the chef's hat all the time.

Let's keep this thread going.

MHM O:)
Keeping the MaddMan in check.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:40 pm

Let's keep this somewhat simple. No need to go whole hog & spend too much time prepping food, etc. Let's listen to some tunes, enjoy each other's company, and maybe get a ride on one of them BITCHIN river boats!!!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:42 pm

I'll bring 10lbs of Carrots.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:54 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:I'll bring 10lbs of Carrots.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!!!!

Just make sure we have some spirits to mix with them!
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:11 pm

How's Carrot Juice and Vodka sound to ya ? O:)
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:35 pm

-COW ROAST

-a whole 'cow-roast' , perhaps......whoever gets there early ?
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:39 pm

1/2 Side of Pork 1/2 Side of Beef can't be beat !

No Rabbit....................
<<

TNRabbit

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:47 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:1/2 Side of Pork 1/2 Side of Beef can't be beat !

No Rabbit....................

'preciate that!
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:49 pm

I thought you would !
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:06 pm

I don't think takeout is an option. The next city is lucky to have a Food Lion, let alone a post office or firehouse. This is the boontillies folks! What I was thinking more in lines of was breakfast foods that would please the "crowd", I.E. bacon, sausage, corned beef hash, eggs, pancakes, omelets, danishes, muffins, grits, hashbrowns, etc...., because Micky-D's is a LONG ways away!!

Lunch being........

Dinner being.........

For those who are not on the alcohol diet! [or Kool-Aid diet]
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Funny you guys are talking about a side of this and a rib of that! If I get to go to this party I be sure to bring my tools to cut up this stuff! I do work as a meat cutter and a whole rib of beef from Sam's cut up by me for steaks on the grill will cost less then going to a local shop! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:17 pm

Your Hired Eddie. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:18 pm

-i'll 2nd that notion !....EDIT = [motion]
Last edited by maddmaxxx on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 07'