FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:34 am

Speakers for sale

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:41 am

Speakers for sale

So after all this intense training, i have a speaker i am gonna build to sell to the public. Who would be interested in a topology to order. I am thinking to start, a ribbon with four 6.5" mid woofers. Price as low as 400 a set.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Speakers for sale

Are these going to be set up for a demo here in Snohomish?? :-k :-k
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:19 pm

angelod307 wrote:So after all this intense training, i have a speaker i am gonna build to sell to the public. Who would be interested in a topology to order. I am thinking to start, a ribbon with four 6.5" mid woofers. Price as low as 400 a set.

Angelo

Do you have any pics you can post, it gets me thinking

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:54 am

No sir, these are gonna be built in sc. The ones here are the flagship als1000 which i derivered all my training on to build a little something closer to cinema ribbons but with a flat tune to 50 or so in a sealed box or a touch lower in a ported box but then the box would be larger than the sealed version. The sealed version is what i am doing first, then a ported version if i am not content with my results.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Pricing sounds right but they have to look the part if you are selling them to the buying public because like me most consumers like a nicely finished product. What is the cabinetry going to look like? Got pics?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 am

i think a birch/oak/poplar/pine solid wood for with a routered joint of some sort will be the finish or choice, but that would add to the price. the basic finish is mdf. formica finish available as well as many vaneers. the mdf finish would be like a vinyl wrap perhap, idk. finished speakers like the ones i brought to the fest would add a couple of hundred to the bill for sure. lots of coats and sanding between coats of polyurethane.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 pm

I was gonna say.....Angelo- are you starting a not for profit corp? :-s
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Chauss wrote:I was gonna say.....Angelo- are you starting a not for profit corp? :-s

If that's the case he needs to spend more time in the presence of the BobFather.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time

Return to Carver Speakers