CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: CarverAudio & TheCarverSite Reconciliation

Does any of this really matter?

I'm with Wabbit, fuck it!

Who's going to CarverFest and hang with TheBobFather, play the tunes too loud and sit in front of Mikey's fire?

Fuck everything else

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....I'm rolling some fucking tubes man.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 pm

Shortcake wrote:Well I finally got accepted to the other site - posted in the welcome thread and even my welcome post is being moderated.

Have I said lately how much I love you guys. When I joined this site, someone reached out to me, I believe it was Trietz, asking me how all was because they saw me just peeking in the window - and he brought me out of my shell letting me know all was okay and welcoming here. I was petrified because I am not "technical" but I do love my music. Plus I get to tease Harry when possible - notice he never responds to my posts?

Kind of feel irrelevant over there right now and to be honest, I have had too much in my life lately making me feel irrelevant, any more and I may just lose it - seriously.

Some of you I know on FB and when they see I get a little "low" they even poke me to death to cheer me up and coming here is a distraction from my day-to-day, as well as a learning place for me. I hope nothing changes, but if it does, don't allow it to change you guys - any of you. I don't 'know' many of you, but you treat all like family - and families fight, holler, scream, carry on, and chat it up about anything under the sun. Some get that, and some don't.

This site gets that. You learn more with that environment.

Okay, now I say boobies and get off my soapbox. Smooches!

I moved your thread out of the "invisible" welcome forum as soon as I saw it, and moved you to a different status. Several people have already welcomed you. The invisible need approval to see posts welcome forum was a Rich thing that we will be getting rid of soon.

John
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 am

Thanks John. My invisible suit is at the cleaners. Got in trouble today. Thought I put it on and scared the neighbors.
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Gary wrote: "Also, IT'S A FUCKING AUDIO FORUM. GET A LIFE FOR FUCK'S SAKE." and Magna.. wrote:

"Does any of this really matter?

I'm with Wabbit, fuck it!

Who's going to CarverFest and hang with TheBobFather, play the tunes too loud and sit in front of Mikey's fire?

Fuck everything else

True it is just an audio forum, but it's also pretty much all that stands between a lot of us having all of our old Carver/Sunfire gear turn (back) into pumpkins. Some of this gear we bought with it having "issues" but knowing that SOMEONE on one of the two forums would help us "make it all better" (and even the option of sending it out for repairs would be very daunting without the community here (and there) to point us to the right places to have this work done (and these places would probably dry up and blow away without Carver community sites to promote and inform numerous folks about the benefits of repairing these vintage amps to begin with). I shudder to think where I would be audio wise (and quality wise) if I had not stumbled upon this site ~8 years ago...still stuck in "kindergarten" with the very fine but far from ideal MXR-150 receiver (or even worse: some "modern", overpriced, crappy little ~100 w/c Sony POS and completely unaware that MUCH better stuff at MUCH better prices exist via vintage Carver/Sunfire amps).

We NEED this forum to preserve these great amps and to introduce others to the world of truly great sound. Alone, most of us just can't do it (or would never have known that these vintage amps even still existed or just how easy and affordable they can be). If you are very wealthy (and love music) you can BUY your way to great sound. Everyone else; not so much. Ignorance is NOT bliss when it comes to music reproduction. So yes; this is just a fucking forum, but one that has brought a lot of pleasure and bliss into our life's that otherwise we would have missed out on. To me, that's a very special thing!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:44 pm

1 user thanked elgrau for this useful post. =D>
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Even though some stuff has been said, in the end the diversity is bringing us together albeit on two forums. I find more stuff about a person when they are angry than happy. Could be why i poke people so hard at first.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:04 pm

angelod307 wrote:Even though some stuff has been said, in the end the diversity is bringing us together albeit on two forums. I find more stuff about a person when they are angry than happy. Could be why i poke people so hard at first.

Good thing I was wearing my chastity belt 5000 when you tried to poke me. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:28 pm

elgrau wrote:We NEED this forum to preserve these great amps and to introduce others to the world of truly great sound. Alone, most of us just can't do it (or would never have known that these vintage amps even still existed or just how easy and affordable they can be). If you are very wealthy (and love music) you can BUY your way to great sound. Everyone else; not so much. Ignorance is NOT bliss when it comes to music reproduction. So yes; this is just a fucking forum, but one that has brought a lot of pleasure and bliss into our life's that otherwise we would have missed out on. To me, that's a very special thing!

I would never have gotten my rig working again. It sat dormant for 10 years. I found this site one evening and spent the next 2 days reading it(there was alot less to it then) and found not only could I get my pair of TFM-55s repaired but my ribbons also. I found a temporary ribbon fix, borrowed an M500t I bought my father and had Carver tunes a day later. I've never looked back. Sent the TFM-55 to Rita and Mylynda, been rockin' ever since.

Guess I owe you a drink next time I see you Dave...oh wait we do that every year:-)

Many THANKS Dave and James!! I reckon we prolly don't say that enough

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 pm

angelod307 wrote:Even though some stuff has been said, in the end the diversity is bringing us together albeit on two forums. I find more stuff about a person when they are angry than happy. Could be why i poke people so hard at first.

Well, damn you poke me often...what's that say?
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Shortcake wrote:

He wants to poke you often :lol:

bwaaahahahaha, i crack myself up.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Shortcake wrote:

He wants to poke you often :lol:

bwaaahahahaha, i crack myself up.

ray

Maybe you're just exceptionally pokable ?

You think ?
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:27 pm

I doubt it.

He is just trying to rile me up so I come to CF.

I'm sending Ms. B instead lol
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:37 am

Shortcake wrote:I doubt it.

So what exactly is the excuse that you can't get away for 2-3 days ???
I'm sure the world doesn't stop when you take a weekend off does it?
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:12 am

Toy Maker wrote:
Shortcake wrote:I doubt it.

So what exactly is the excuse that you can't get away for 2-3 days ???
I'm sure the world doesn't stop when you take a weekend off does it?

If it were 2 to 3 days, it would be different. Driving down is not the issue, not ending up in Alaska getting home is. The world doesn't end, but there are variables that I have to consider. My billing period - someone has to pay the bills. Coverage when I am away that is reliable (working on it), community meetings scheduled here (Yes, that far in advance), my dog needs to be cared for (don't say my kids, that would be laughable.)

Anyway, I am sure it is nothing more than what everyone else has going on and as Angelo says - just excuses lol, and I am considering driving down and visiting with my sister who lives 15 minutes away and checking in on you all, but right now just considering. We shall see. Asked about that loft in Harry and Mark's cabin for two nights but thinking they want their privacy LOL.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:24 am

Privacy? Theres doors on the bedrooms. The loft, not so much
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
PreviousNext

Return to (( Site & Forum Updates ))