It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:54 pm

End of an Era

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: End of an Era

BrianT wrote:Ray

Sorry to hear that your insurance is f**king you around, hope it gets worked out real soon.

That EAR looks real nice all those 12AX7 PSvane tubes

Enjoy it Brian

The PO is supposed to be sending the Mullard and Telefunken tubes that were part of the sale along to me soon. I want to roll them in to see how they sound. I have some 1950s RCA clear top 12au7s I'll roll in eventually. The V20 uses 2 of them a side and I happen to have a matched quad. If I understand the tube layout correctly the first 3 12ax7s are driver tubes making that a great place to roll some of the Mullard and Teles. I might roll in some of my Lindal dot tbes also.I think this amp is going to alot of fun.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:40 am

BrianT wrote:Ray

That EAR looks real nice all those 12AX7 PSvane tubes

Enjoy it Brian

I was going to sell the Psvane tubes short, then I looked around on the web a bit. HFS, those things are expensive!! Robin spent big $$ filling the V20 with them @ $100 a pair. I can't afford to do that again. Downright scary.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:47 pm

guess what? today my insurance adjuster informed me they're going to pay my claim. i was beginning to get a little worked up about the whole ordeal, but i'll have to make due. they covered everything which is great. it just took a bit longer than i had expected. glad the taxman came through on time :-)

ray
Magnaryder

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 pm

was it replacement cost or prorated?
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:09 pm

Glad to hear it! Better late than never, huh?
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:13 pm

mbskeam wrote:was it replacement cost or prorated?

replacement cost

trav0810 wrote:Glad to hear it! Better late than never, huh?

I was beginning to wonder

ray
Magnaryder

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:41 pm

so with vintage, IE not made anymore how does this work? never had to file a claim like this so just wondering,
I have replacement cost for my ins.
knowledge is power ya know....
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

natektronic

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:30 am

Magnaryder, how did you replace the chip the first time? I have two dead lightstar pre's and one new chip. Talked with Bob awhile back but nothing ever came of it as far getting the chip programmed.
Primary System:
Preamp - Carver Lightstar Direct
AMP - Carver Lightstar Reference
TT - Rega RP-1
Speakers - Definitive Technologies BP-2000
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:58 pm

natektronic wrote:Magnaryder, how did you replace the chip the first time? I have two dead lightstar pre's and one new chip. Talked with Bob awhile back but nothing ever came of it as far getting the chip programmed.

I was lucky enough to find one.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:00 pm

mbskeam wrote:so with vintage, IE not made anymore how does this work? never had to file a claim like this so just wondering,
I have replacement cost for my ins.
knowledge is power ya know....

I sent it to Tom at VHoP and he gave them an estimate, which was LOWER than their guy so they were happy to pay me to go away.

ray
Magnaryder

Previous

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)