It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:40 pm

OMG finally

<<

Robert R

TFM-35

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:09 am

Re: OMG finally

Dave S wrote:
sorry I couldn't get you in sooner but it was too late at night by the time Robert got ahold of me.

Well, I know better than to call you during daytime hours, when the forces of evil walk not upon the land...

Robert R
"You know what folks? I'm happy."
<<

Chiroacademy

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:39 am

I'm new here but it looks like there are a lot of familiar faces that I recognize from the carver site
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Welcome Greg!! Gad to see your way hear

Now, if we can fit you into some nice valves...

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Nahash5150

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:45 pm

NOT here you're not. We dont have any moderators. AND welcome sorry I couldn't get you in sooner but it was too late at night by the time Robert got ahold of me.

It looks like my first 2 posts had to be approved before being posted - just a spam trap. I just didn't know how long I'd have to deal with that.

I'm too poor to afford tube amps, sorry. For the time being, my kids come first.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Nahash5150 wrote:
NOT here you're not. We dont have any moderators. AND welcome sorry I couldn't get you in sooner but it was too late at night by the time Robert got ahold of me.

It looks like my first 2 posts had to be approved before being posted - just a spam trap. I just didn't know how long I'd have to deal with that.

I'm too poor to afford tube amps, sorry. For the time being, my kids come first.

Brother, don't I know it. TheTerrorTwinz are scholar athletes. Runners. The shoe bill alone is staggering.

I work part-time rebuilding Honda V4 carb racks. Pays for the hifi habit.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

trav0810

TFM-6cb

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Nahash5150 wrote:

Well, for BIG tube amps maybe, but with your skills I'm sure you could rebuild an amp out of an old console unit for minimal cost.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:09 pm

trav0810 wrote:
Nahash5150 wrote:

Well, for BIG tube amps maybe, but with your skills I'm sure you could rebuild an amp out of an old console unit for minimal cost.

That's such a good idea.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Nahash5150

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Okay, I'll take you up on the offer.

I shall build a tube amp! \:D/
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:37 pm

Nahash5150 wrote:Okay, I'll take you up on the offer.

Try setting up a complete "alternate" rig if you can. A "different flavor" kind of thing. That can be really fun.

After I got interested in tube amps, it pushed me to find some kind of higher efficient sort of speaker. After a number of different things, both with speakers and amps, I've wound up at a point where the music is so much fun, I'm not really sure I'd ever setup the original rig again. It's been gathering dust in another room now for probably 6-7 years.

Mark
<<

tkd.teacher

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:13 am

Magnaryder wrote:
Nahash5150 wrote:

Brother, don't I know it. TheTerrorTwinz are scholar athletes. Runners. The shoe bill alone is staggering.

I work part-time rebuilding Honda V4 carb racks. Pays for the hifi habit.

ray

I ran through college, x-country. What college/event?

John
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 am

radioeng2 wrote:

Try setting up a complete "alternate" rig if you can. A "different flavor" kind of thing. That can be really fun.

After I got interested in tube amps, it pushed me to find some kind of higher efficient sort of speaker. After a number of different things, both with speakers and amps, I've wound up at a point where the music is so much fun, I'm not really sure I'd ever setup the original rig again. It's been gathering dust in another room now for probably 6-7 years.

Mark

Hehehehe Mark, I will gladly take that original setup off your hands.... since I got a way to transport it back now \:D/ \:D/
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:36 am

EndersShadow wrote: Hehehehe Mark, I will gladly take that original setup off your hands.... since I got a way to transport it back now \:D/ \:D/

I saw your comments on the Morano Dan. Congrats!

The ML Monoliths completely fill up a small pickup. I've moved them a number of times. :-({|= So I'm not sure you'd make it without something tied to the hood! ](*,)

I'm not sure about the weight handling for the Krell either. Dang...that thing is heavy! It's a 2 man operation to move it for sure.

Mark
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:25 am

radioeng2 wrote:

Mark

If you want to pass on that pass.......I know a guy! :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:56 am

That is so thoughtful of you Dan.

But NO! The First Watt aren't going anywhere. [-(

And the current source amps aren't very useful on most speaker systems anyway.

Mark
<<

fill35U

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:42 am

Oh no! Talk about turning to The Dark Side! :D

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with- I'm sure it will kick butt!
Current setup: Random Naked Amps Piled on Floor and/or Wedged Into Shelves

Don't call amp mutilators "butchers"- butchers are highly skilled professionals.
PreviousNext

Return to "The Welcome Mat"