Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Re: Platinum Amazings Lost Bass!

Cone dynavox
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

talmadge3

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Would you want to sell your clearwater crossover?

Yes all four woofers are working in each speaker. These are the plat IV's
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:04 pm

talmadge3 wrote:I'm in the Charlotte area. Waxhaw, NC to be specific.

Just ran across this....howdy neighbor! I live about 20 minutes away from you. BTW, there is a local company here in Charlotte that can do a complete crossover rebuild or upgrade.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

talmadge3

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Hey thanks for the info. What is the name of the place that can rebuild them?
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:59 pm

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

talmadge3

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:02 am

Re: Platinum Amazings Lost Bass! UPDATE

I removed the crossovers and found a Rane AC22S crossover on audio mart.($150) Got everything connected and boom the bass is back and the ribbons now sound the same! =D> Obviously I had some serious crossover problems. Now I'm trying to decide if I even want to have them rebuilt. An active crossover gives you some good tweaking options. Right now I have the crossover set at 180hz and the tweeter level dialed back just a little from the woofer level. I have not noticed any delay problems between the woofers and tweeters although the Rane does have delay controls if needed. I'm sure I could probably get better sound out of rebuilt crossovers versus the Rane but don't want to spend $500 for a rebuild right now.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:30 pm

talmadge3 call Tom at VHoP. He has modded all of the Carver speaker line and probably has the most experience modding Carver gear.
412-369-8823

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

talmadge3

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:40 pm

I will do that.
Thanks
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers