Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Re: Platinum Amazings Lost Bass!

Cone dynavox
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

talmadge3

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Would you want to sell your clearwater crossover?

Yes all four woofers are working in each speaker. These are the plat IV's
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:04 pm

talmadge3 wrote:I'm in the Charlotte area. Waxhaw, NC to be specific.

Just ran across this....howdy neighbor! I live about 20 minutes away from you. BTW, there is a local company here in Charlotte that can do a complete crossover rebuild or upgrade.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

talmadge3

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Hey thanks for the info. What is the name of the place that can rebuild them?
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:59 pm

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

talmadge3

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:02 am

Re: Platinum Amazings Lost Bass! UPDATE

I removed the crossovers and found a Rane AC22S crossover on audio mart.($150) Got everything connected and boom the bass is back and the ribbons now sound the same! =D> Obviously I had some serious crossover problems. Now I'm trying to decide if I even want to have them rebuilt. An active crossover gives you some good tweaking options. Right now I have the crossover set at 180hz and the tweeter level dialed back just a little from the woofer level. I have not noticed any delay problems between the woofers and tweeters although the Rane does have delay controls if needed. I'm sure I could probably get better sound out of rebuilt crossovers versus the Rane but don't want to spend $500 for a rebuild right now.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:30 pm

talmadge3 call Tom at VHoP. He has modded all of the Carver speaker line and probably has the most experience modding Carver gear.
412-369-8823

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

talmadge3

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:40 pm

I will do that.
Thanks
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers