It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:49 am

MRHP's cave dwelling area

<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: MRHP's cave dwelling area

MRHP wrote:
Snoop65 wrote:You're like the mad scientist Eric! :lol: How did it sound? What tube combination did you end up with? Oh and sorry I missed your call I was at a college basketball game with my daughter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The tweeter amp sounded best with either 5751 Sylvania triple blacks or very early MC1 Mullard 12ax7. I was also rolling power cables too and the tweeter amp liked the Douglas Bravo 15 silver based cable.

The woofer amp sounded best with either Mullard M10's or Siemens ECC83 and a Furutech 18P power cable.

The phono pre sounded best with 5751 Sylvania triple mica black plaes.

The turn table liked the Douglas Alpha 11 or Bravo 15. The Alpha seemed to add some weight to the music where the Bravo 15 brought out more detail with a lighter more delicate touch.

You are having WAY too much fun Eric!! :lol: Glad to see you trying the different cables in different places. Synergy!!! It can make a huge difference!
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:01 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:
MRHP wrote:
Snoop65 wrote:You're like the mad scientist Eric! :lol: How did it sound? What tube combination did you end up with? Oh and sorry I missed your call I was at a college basketball game with my daughter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The tweeter amp sounded best with either 5751 Sylvania triple blacks or very early MC1 Mullard 12ax7. I was also rolling power cables too and the tweeter amp liked the Douglas Bravo 15 silver based cable.

The woofer amp sounded best with either Mullard M10's or Siemens ECC83 and a Furutech 18P power cable.

The phono pre sounded best with 5751 Sylvania triple mica black plaes.

The turn table liked the Douglas Alpha 11 or Bravo 15. The Alpha seemed to add some weight to the music where the Bravo 15 brought out more detail with a lighter more delicate touch.

You are having WAY too much fun Eric!! :lol: Glad to see you trying the different cables in different places. Synergy!!! It can make a huge difference!

What tube phono pre is that? Bellari? Cables running all over...too kool jesse's stroking out though.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:11 pm

The phono pre is a Pro-Ject Tube Box SE II. System synergy is kinda like tuning a race engine, you got all these good parts and just have to mix and match until everything falls into place. Thats the way I see it anyway. Its been real fun being able to switch power cables on the turn table and hearing the difference. The Bravo 15 and Alpha 11 have very different caracture(sp) but both sound great in their own way on the turn table or tweeter amp. The Bravo15 has this light responsive detailed feel to it. While the Alpha 11 has a heavy smooth liquid feel.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

fill35U

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Is it just me, or are most of the pics in this thread no longer viewable? I get a message that "attachment no longer exists".

Which sucks, because I'd really like to see all the cool toys...
Current setup: Random Naked Amps Piled on Floor and/or Wedged Into Shelves

Don't call amp mutilators "butchers"- butchers are highly skilled professionals.
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Mine says the same thing and I dont know why???
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 pm

All the links of uploaded pics were broken when James moved the forum last week...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:54 pm

TNRabbit wrote:All the links of uploaded pics were broken when James moved the forum last week...

Wonderful. Lots of cool pics lost forever. :(
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Pic's

TNRabbit wrote:All the links of uploaded pics were broken when James moved the forum last week...

Ouch. That's gonna mess up a thread or two hundred....

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:10 am

Not entirely true. Some of mine from 2008 are still up. Maybe he's repairing the broken links [-o<

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:26 am

Magnaryder wrote:

Not entirely true. Some of mine from 2008 are still up. Maybe he's repairing the broken links [-o<

ray

were those UPLOADED or links to photobucket/flickr/etc.? Because those didn't change....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 pm

TNRabbit wrote:
Magnaryder wrote:

ray

were those UPLOADED or links to photobucket/flickr/etc.? Because those didn't change....

You're missing the point..... mine are still up....hahahaha

maybe James can fix it

ray
Magnaryder

Previous

Return to List / Update Your System