FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Carverfest Beer, Spirits and Food thread.............

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:38 pm

That's what I'm talkin'bout!!!

YEAH BABY!!!!
\:D/

I was reminded that there is a pizza place about 10 or twelve miles back deep into the mountains, but I think that they are only open during business hours for the whitewater rafters. Compared to slabs of meat, pizza sucks!

MHM, I do not have a large fryer and do not intend on getting one for a while. The model I am looking at is well over 400 smackers [ouch]. I do, however have a seasoned 12" cast iron pan to fry in along with the cast iron pans provided by the cabins. We can cook the wings on the grill or stove, your choice. Remind me to send you my favorite recipe for sesame seed chicken, It'll make /mx fall in love with you all over again!

The grills with each cabin are about the size of Mr.500t's grill w/ 2 layers. In fact it almost looks like the same grill.

Hey Eddie, what do you mean IF??? Don't tease us, man! :p
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:55 am

MHM,
I'll be happy to help with the cookin. Got a few dishes that are actually almost edible.
Skip
<<

MaddHouseMouse

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Thanks

Thanks to those of you willing to pitch in with KP duties. I will bring what I need with me for the fest along with some breakfast goodies. Cinnamon rolls are great on the grill when we used to do it cave-man style while camping. Only utensils needed for that is aluminum foil and fingers. Other items that I will bring will be added to my list as I think of them over the next few months. No need for anyone to bring a large fryer. I usually make the wings on my stove-top in a cast iron pan.

Does anyone have a preference for coffee? I will bring some, but if anyone has developed a palate for special blends, you might want to pack some of your own "brew" to bring with you.

Thanks Skip for your almost edibles. I'm sure that you are exaggerating about the almost part.

Hey T-Rex, go ahead and send me your recipe. I always appreciate making chicken that doesn't "taste like chicken". Thanks

Can't think of anything else for now.

MHM
Keeping the MaddMan in check.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:43 pm

Well, if I am gonna type it, might as well share it.

Sesame Seed Chicken Wings

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons sesame, olive or peanut oil (I prefer peanut oil)
4 green onions with tops, finely sliced
1/2 medium onion, finely sliced
4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Dash of pepper
2 1/2 lbs. chicken wings

1 - Take a med. to lg. mixing bowl and combine all of the ingredients except for the wings, mix well.

2 - Add washed and dry patted wings, mixing well

3 - pour everything into a gallon ziplock bag and marinade in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours (or overnight), turning occasionally. Allow chicken to get to room temperature (20-30 min.)

Or you can use the preferred method for step #3....

3 preferred - If you have a food Vac/sealer, pour everything into a bag big enough, vacuum and seal. It'll be ready in 30-40 minutes. Do not refrigerate with this method!

4 - Preheat oven at least 30 min. before placing wings in the oven @ 380 degrees

5 - discard marinade and place wings on a large cookie sheet or baking pan covered with parchment paper, skin side up.

6 - Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 380 degrees. Turn, bake at 395 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn, bake for 6 to 7 minutes at 425 degrees and enjoy the hell out of 'em!

If done right, the chicken will literally fall off the bone........Yummy!!! \:D/ [-o<
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:45 pm

The time is drawing near!!!!!!!

Now that things are getting close to Carverfest, does anybody attending have anything other than Rabbit food to eat? Now is the time to start talking before we have to really eat Rabbit for food. I call dibs on the pancakes! *cough* for audiophile purposes only, of course. :p

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 am

I resemble that remark!

I can try to pack my wok; I make a mean stir-fry but it would require several woks full to feed everyone...

(Reminds me of the old joke: How do you catch a wabbit? You throw a WOK at him!)

O:)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:46 pm

I think I've got an extra wok for Ya Rabbit. I'll fix up a couple of batches of Savannah style red rice. It goes great with ham, pork or chicken. Maybe we ought to consider going in on a honey baked ham for sandwich fixins. Yum. Should be lots of local corn and tomatoes in the area.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:23 pm

Would the thought of a Turkey Chili slow cooked sound good? 20 ingredients. The only reason I thought of this is because it is relatively inexpensive to make, it yields 6 quarts of some damn tasty chili and it would be convenient to just walk into the kitchen and have something ready at all times to either eat with crackers as a snack or for those who just want a quick meal at odd hours when the "kitchen" isn't the priority and music is.

1/2 pound fresh tomato
1/2 pound red bell pepper cubed
1/2 pound orange bell pepper cubed
1 1/2 pound onion (sautee'd in 3 tbsp peanut oil)
3 pounds pulled oven roasted turkey
1/4 cup Sherry cooking wine
1 teaspoon popcorn salt
4 tablespoons chili powder
9 or 10 rotations of fresh ground peppercorn
1 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cans (6 ounce) tomato paste
1 can corn niblets
2 cans light red kidney beans
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans northern beans
1 stalk green onions
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups water

These are the ingredients so that you all know. Good stuff.

For snack dip, we can make a recipe I call Ugly Dip. There are only three ingredients with this. Log of hot sausage/jar of salsa/cream cheese. Just to throw the idea out there.

Anybody a vegetarian that is coming? Or is there anybody that might have special requests for certain types of foods due to allergies?

Skip, I'll have to find out if their is a local fresh produce stand out there. Gotta remember, this is out in the boontillies of the North Carolina mountains. I like the idea of the Honeybaked ham.....convenient, and you can eat it hot or cold, as part of a meal, or as a sandwich. I can't remember whether or not I had already mentioned this, but Sam's has some pretty damn good all beef hot dogs that are bigger than the largest bun you can buy at the bakery that we can get a package of [I think 16 or 18] for around 9 smackers....quick to grill and would be good for those that arrive at odd hours.

Would anybody entertain the thought of a Saturday night "steak night" dinner? Garlic mashed tater's and some veggies? Ideas?......... Beauller, Beauller?............. Beauller? :-k

<<

thall

TFM-35

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Meat? Yes
Allergies? No
Veggies? Only if my wife is coming.
Steaks? Make mine medium.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:09 am

I'd be willing to wager that all Carver owners are meat eaters. Anyone that wants a bit of beef in their music will certainly want some on their plate too. =P~
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:29 pm

For the Carverfest attendies that don't know, I'm a cook...of sorts. I'll be bringing my knives, skillets and such to make the cooking less of a chore and(Ihope) more of an event of Carverfest. It might be nice to hear some ideas on what you'd like to have and how you want it prepared. Tom Reitz and I will be communicating about this on the days and weeks prior to Carverfest. Your input is very welcome....and appreciated. With your help we can save some $$ and still set a nice table.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

bikerdude523

TFM-55

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:39 am

Don't forget the "biker punch" for Maddmaxx and Magnaryder! I believe a big vat of biker punch would truly make it a cool party. Nothing like a drunk biker and chef to liven things up. Although us poor folk that can't attend will never hear about any of the party, because the attendees wont remember a danm thing.
These Carverfest threads are killing me! But I know what your first impression of me would be "Who's that drunk f**ker on the Harley"
Party on guys and gals!
Last edited by bikerdude523 on Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 channel rig
Sunfire Classic vacuum tube Preamp: (3) M-4.0t's: SD/A-490t: Polk Audio SDA SRS: Velodyne SMS-1: (2) Velodyne DLS5000R's
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:42 pm

It sounds like it's gonna be like the Sixties - "if you can remember it, you weren't there!"
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:39 pm

Hell, I can't remember it now.....does that mean I was already there?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:41 pm

Way too many drugs as a teenager.........bwahahahahahaha

ray
Magnaryder

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 07'