FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Carverfest Beer, Spirits and Food thread.............

<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:45 pm

You know I've not even thought about food...

How about this: I'll bring my own breakfast (pop tarts) and enough booze and beer to share, and all the attendees will get their t-shirts for free for feeding me... :P

I've got some VERY scary drinks sitting here just WAITING to be put in glasses.

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:05 am

OK, now that we are within a couple of days now, are we gonna go in on some meals, or have everybody bring their own food?

Closest shopping center is 7 miles away, FYI.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:21 am

Like I said before, I can fix stir-fry for one meal for everyone. Some others had volunteered a meal, so I feel pretty certain we can cover everyone for the duration.

Hell, 7 miles is NOTHING! I have to drive 8 miles to the nearest STORE for even a soda, bread, milk, etc.!

I'm planning to arrive Friday @ noonish but check-in is 4 pm (they said after Labor Day I could probably check in early). Then I have to be checked out by I think 11 am on Sunday or incure a late check out fee. That really only leaves Saturday as the full day. Is anyone staying outside the weekend for extra days?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:26 am

I was told by the owner that Sunday night is free for all that attend and I requested a late checkout for Monday. I will call Ramelle Smith to reconfirm...

I'm planning on getting there Thursday around 1:00 pm to start setting up in Watershed 11 and I'm not planning on leaving until Mon. morning.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:33 am

OK, I just got off the horn with Ramelle and reconfirmed. Sunday night is free and with all cabins, I have requested a late checkout for Monday. No promises will be made on the late checkout for Monday as it depends on whether or not the cabin is rented for Tuesday. Worst case scenario, checkout Monday will be at 11:00 am.

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:11 pm

Thanks for the update, Tom!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:13 pm

-baby seal veal perhaps ?
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:40 pm

maddmaxxx wrote:-baby seal veal perhaps ?

baby seal veal parmesean, in a nice red sauce.....sounds TASTY!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 07'