FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:40 am

CarverFest Website!!! ((( UPDATED )))

<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:05 pm

CarverFest Website!!! ((( UPDATED )))

CARVERAUDIO.COM HAS OFFERED TO HOST THE OFFICIAL CARVERFest PAGES FROM NOW ON.
http://www.CarverAudio.com/CarverFest

I've decided that in my copious spare time, i should do SOMETHING productive and I've started working on a website for the CarverFest. I can't really do much with it, because the pictures and name lists and stuff won't exist until we actually get there!

When I get my Paypal account a little more beefed up, I'll put an automatic PayPal button on the T-Shirt Purchase page.

Take a look, and let me know what you think!

Thanks,
--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

bikerdude523

TFM-55

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Love the LED's! I think you should add (who passed out first) and a link to pics.
2 channel rig
Sunfire Classic vacuum tube Preamp: (3) M-4.0t's: SD/A-490t: Polk Audio SDA SRS: Velodyne SMS-1: (2) Velodyne DLS5000R's
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:41 pm

Does that mean we're going to add a "who barfed first" category as well...?? O:)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:50 pm

Here's kind of how I see it breaking down:

Who Attended
This will be where I put pics of all the attendees, either candid shots or maybe each person in front of their favorite piece of gear.

Who Brought What
I thought we'd get pics of each person in front of the stack of gear they brought, and list each component.

Carver Gear
Here is where we'd have close-up pics of each individual Carver component that was brought, and list who brought it, and maybe tech specs--weight, size, response, watts, etc.

Carver Speakers
I realize tha tthis is a little redundant--perhaps we should put speakers under "Carver Gear", an duse this link for "Fest Pics". We could post all those random pics we take--grilling, eating, drinking, hanging out, playing with our gear, etc...

Non-Carver Gear
I know, I know, this is CARVER Fest, but there WILL be some other great gear there too (cables, speakers, CD players, DACs, TTs, etc) so I thought we chould give props to the components we have so lovingly matched up with our carver gems.

Contacts
I'll put my contact (email, Yahoo IM, Apple iChat, etc)info here, and anyone else who wants to can put their direct email here too...

How's that for explaining things? I'll change that "Speakers Link" tonight, and re-post the files...

BTW, I made that mock-M400t meter animated GIF from scratch, using Illustrator to trace a pic of an M-44t from EBAY, then took it into PhotoShop to apply the different glowing lights and such, then used a freeware package called GifAnimator to put the animated GIF together and work out the time delays etc.

Thanks for your comments,
--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:22 pm

It looks FANTASTIC, Richard...keep up the good work & thanks for doing this, the t-shirts, etc.!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:11 am

Too cool Richard. =D> Why, someone that sees this site might actually think we're serious about this stuff.
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:49 am

That's pretty slick, Richard, even if I'm partial to the big M500t meters.
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:01 pm

I'm partial to the M-500 meters, and th eround Silver 7 style meters too, but the stacked LEDs just lend themselves REALLY well to GIF animation...

Next year, perhaps I'll make an animated Flash site, and we can have M-500t meters bouncing around... :)

--Richard

<<

stereo_dog

TFM-55

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:05 pm

Awsome, Richard. It looks GREAT =D> =D> =D> I wish I could be there. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of the equipment and people. The animation is great!
(2) Silver Nine t's, TFM-4.0t, (4) M-500t, (2) M-1.0t, AV-705x, C-19, Sunfire TG-III, AL-III
<<

londonbarn

Cyber Hell Member

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:04 pm

It DOES look good Richard............... O:)
<<

faustus

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:17 pm

What a great idea! The next best thing to being there. Will be way cool to see the gear that makes it to the Fest, but I'm sure the "action" photos of attendees will steal the show.

The Fest site looks great and the format is definitely Carver -- I wouldn't change it too much.

First the shirts, now the site... you're on a roll, Dreamer. Thanks!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:57 pm

Preliminary indications are saying that we will be able to have parts of the "Fest" available online as it happens........we will find out more in the days to come. Keep your fingers crossed [-o<
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:03 pm

We need to update this Dreamer. It's on the main page with no pic's., info. or otherwise. #-o
Take a looksie.....
http://www.carveraudio.com/default2.htm
Look under Carverfest '07. ;)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"

Return to CARVERFEST 07'