FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:33 am

Sunfire Subwoofer?

<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:11 pm

Sunfire Subwoofer?

Is anyone planning to bring a Sunfire subwoofer to the Fest?

Thanks,
--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:58 pm

Not that I know of. As far as I know, the only sub that will be there is a Polk Audio PSW1000.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:29 pm

I'd like to hear one if one of y'all want to bring one.....hint, hint

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:12 pm

I wish I had one to bring, and I have a line on a brand-new Super Junior, but even if I ordered it today, it wouldn't be here for 7-10 days, which is AFTER the event...

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Bitch of it is my Darkstar won't be finished until after the 'Fest either. I have a Sunfire sub driver too. I just haven't built the enclosure yet. Anyone got a line on one of those Carver speaker sets they produced right before the bankruptcy? IIRC they included either a 300watt or 500watt lightstar amplifier in the sub.........hmmmm.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

londonbarn

Cyber Hell Member

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:20 pm

You got it Magnaryder........"One of the hottest markets in home theater is the coveted subwoofer, and Carver’s new Darkstar, although not small in the absolute sense, does use dual 15" drivers, which makes the cabinet small in the relative sense (using dual drivers in this configuration allows the designer to get the best from them in a smaller enclosure). It is shaped like a trapezoid, and has a neat blue illuminated logo on the front. The Darkstar is powered by a 1,500 watt amplifier using the Lightstar technology. At $1,495, this should be a big seller.".........I would imagine the Lightstar technology part is the Tracking Downconverter.........
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:02 pm

I'm reconstructing the trapazoidal shaped enclosure and using the 1000 watt plate amp from PE to power my single Darkstar woofer. good idea of the backlit logo.....Toymaker, wanna make that while you build the clear tops for my Lightstar duo?

ray
Magnaryder

Return to CARVERFEST 07'