FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Kinds of Speakers?

<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:41 pm

Kinds of Speakers?

What sort of Speakers are y'all bringing?

Aside from all the various Carver ribbons, I wondered if anyone was bringing any other sort of planar/ribbon/electrostatic speakers?

Just curious...

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:17 pm

I'm bringin' a surprise....

:-#
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:21 pm

I'm bringing a little surprise too...

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Anyone else bringing surprises?!?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:37 pm

I know that a lot of the folks who attended CarverFest were pretty impressed by the speakers I brought--my new little (well, by ML standards...) Martin Logan Scenarios. I've got them hooked up in my system now at home, pulling duty as rear channels in my 5-1 (minus the .1) system, and they sound sweet.

I wish I was able to bring the Sequels but they were just too big to truck out to the 'Fest. Had I brought the Sequels I would have never been able to bring all my other cool gear...

Anyway, next year, I hope to have new "main" speakers--Martin Logan Vantages. my sweetie tells me that with the purchase of the S7t's and the Scenarios, I've pretty much tapped out the "stereo upgrade kitty" for the year, so the Vantages are a long way off, but hopefully I can have a pair by next CarverFest...

Anyway, a lot of you who listened to my rig said you had not seen the new ML's. Well, here is a pic of the new Vantages, and man are they sexy...

[url=http://www.us.martinlogan.com/speaker_intro/vantage.html]Image
[/url]

And if you click on the pic, it will take you to Martin Logan's website, to a page all about the Vantage.

If you live anywhere near a Tweeter or a Magnolia Audio, I'd HIGHLY recommend giving the Vantage a listen, although I'll let you know right now, that I have yet to hear ML's in a "box store" wher they sounded right. If you REALLY want to hear them sing, go to a "boutique" audiphile-type store and listen. I think you'll be amazed--I was, and I already own ML's...

--Richard

<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:06 am

Those MLs sure look pretty......I'm thinking AL-IIIs for me this year, maybe a set of plats if I can find them......Either way, I've got a challenge; they have to be black and in great condition.....
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:49 pm

-A THANKYOU

- i must thank ; mr tnrabbit w/a T,...the toymaker,...mr skip, [aka-sasquatch],...mr MR,...sir TREX and mr dreamer, [aka-doktar dreamer] for 'treking' their spks !!!.

-i know i'm forgeting someone/anyone ?,..........ofcourse !

-i'm 13 hrs away and ascared to bring spks ...

-could'nt be happier w/the AL's, [ALV's, ALIII'S, ALplat 3's, ALOriginals] , polks/focales and ML's , being there...

simply, ........'breathtaking'.....

-THANKYOU GENTLEMEN , A+ =P~ !!!
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

Return to CARVERFEST 07'