FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:07 pm

"The Tom Reitz fan club"

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:46 pm

"The Tom Reitz fan club"

I've been priveledged to attend many get-togethers like this past weekends Carverfest over the years. NONE have had so few problems with personalities, location, or logistics. Tom found 'THE' perfect place, spent untold hours on the phone with a great number of attendies and the owners of the facility and pulled off a real coup. We got together, listened to 7 great systems, enjoyed each others company and ate really well. We wanted for nothing, all due to Tom's tireless effort. It really doesn't get any better!!!!

Well done my friend,

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:48 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hats off to Tom for taking the ridiculous amount of time he did to pull this off!

Also, hats off to Magnaryder for cooking up some AMAZING eats while we were there! THANKS!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:35 am

Even though I couldn't attend I take my hat off to you, Tom for all the hard work required to make an event like that happen. Bravo!!!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:02 am

Tom, Your my Hero ! *5*
Lets not forget about Dreamer and his website plus way cool T-shirts and DaveS & Toymaker because without this forum you guys wouldn't have had such a great time together,

without me ! :(
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:55 am

TN Rabbit wrote
Also, hats off to Magnaryder for cooking up some AMAZING eats while we were there! THANKS!

Rabbit: Don't sell your contribution short, I heard you pulled off some Amazing stir-fry!!

now to the meat of the matter......

MAXXX....turn the page

I can't sat enough about Pam(the madddhousemouse).........except...DAMN!!!!!!!! What a partner!!!

My experience cooking this past weekend was the best I've ever had, truly synergistic, almost boardering on orgasmic.....really!! You wait your entire career for the 'perfect partner' and if/when you find them it's magic. It was if we shared a brain, we never tripped over each other and it seemed the planning and execution of each meal was handled subliminally. All of our efforts translated directly to the prep. The quality of the food we prepared is because of HER effort.

AMAZING!!!!

If it wasn't for her I would have spent the entire weekend in the kitchen. 'I' owe her big!!!!

XOXO Pammy. Can't wait to do it again 8)

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

MaddHouseMouse

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:43 am

AAAAAAW SHUCKS! You're making me blush!

Working with Chef Magna was a pleasure and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Bisque'. What a treat!

Sorry everyone......I need to get back to work as welll as continue on the Mount Everest of laundry that I have just begun to climb. Will have to post more later when I am a bit more caught up.

Rabbit- Stir-Fry kicked butt =D>
ToyMaker- Lasagne was awesome. Can't wait til next year and the chick-parm. =P~
Magna- What can I say? Oh! How about "Your the Greatest" \:D/

T-Rex- Location....location......location. WOW! I'm speechless.
Keeping the MaddMan in check.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:03 pm

MaddHouseMouse wrote
Magna- What can I say? Oh! How about "Your the Greatest"

Back at ya Doll!!

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:05 pm

Gotta give Tom his Props !!!!!

Without him, this would not have happened....
not sure if that's good or bad...

Anyway !! One hell of a kick ass weekend man !!!
Thank you for your time and effort, for making this happen.

PS... Tell your wife I got the pix off the camera before she came up and took the card out of it... those will be posted over at http://www.hotbitches.com for anyone that's in interested.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:51 pm

I told her and she freaked! \:D/
Calmed her down, convinced her it wasn't true. "He's only kidding...." I said...
She walks out of the room, comes back and goes "Really?"
"Yes, honey, trust me, it's not like he put it on a website or something...
She got as red as she did in the cabins!!! "Nuh-uh??!!?? Did he really?
Too cool. hehe.....I just hope she doesn't misplace it and it shows up at a family reunion!

Anyhoo, I can say this with 100% certainty....it was my pleasure, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart! What a freakin' great time we had! I never thought that the event would go so flawless, would be so much fun, or would have four....let alone seven different stereo systems...OH-OH-OH...and then there was the wall of sound that you just can't describe from the "Shock and Awe" system assembled on the spot. [TXS to that Wascally Wabbit] THAT was unexpected and was just flat out fantastic!

But please keep in mind, everybody who attended, whether they were a guest or member of the forum is what made it so great. All you folks deserve the thanks. Everybody who attended pitched in without being asked, helped when needed...who could ask for more from a bunch of folks who had never meet before. To those who cooked some fantastic meals and snacks.....[=deserves own thread]. It was just a pleasure to meet everyone face to face while listening to some killer systems and actually getting to know who we really are...behind this screen we are always looking at. Without all of the systems, gear, and people who attended, Carverfest would not have been such a wonderful experience. Thanks goes to all of you who attended. Really, Thank you! You guys (and gals) ROCK!!

I would also like to add, as mentioned before [by the sap that couldn't make it :p ], thanks really needs to be given to Sir DaveS and Sir Toymaker [the original members and creators of this forum] for making it possible for all of us Carver fans to actually have a place to talk to one another. Kudos, thanks and cheers to them and there tireless efforts in creating and maintaining this forum.

Let's not forget THE man himself as well, Mr. Bob Carver. None of us would be chatting right now had it not been for him.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it...and 500, I'm kidding. We'll see you at next year's Carverfest!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:29 pm

I was pretty pissed I couldn't make this one, but I will make the 08......It sounds like you guys had a great time..... \:D/
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:32 pm

I or We ? Will see you there Bill. =P~
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:I or We ? Will see you there Bill. =P~

At this point there is only "I".....There may be a "we" at a later date, but I'm not counting on it......Hahaha.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:22 am

Well, I have been stewing in my own shame for missing CarverFest '07. We can say that I got the t-shirt but not been there, done that. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I wish I could have met all of you at the 'fest. Thanks Tom for organizing what I hope is the first of many. Thanks to all who attended.

I WILL wear the badge of shame next time and will work damn hard at dragging my wife over there so she can make her world-famous Texas chili.

Return to CARVERFEST 07'