It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 am

((( WHAT'S ON THE MENU )))

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:51 pm

((( WHAT'S ON THE MENU )))

Ok guys, here we go...
I will keep the 1st post up to date as much as possible, as the menu is added to and changed.
Magnaryder, HouseMouse and I will be hashing out the menu, with the help, and advice of the rest of the forum...
So advize away !!!

So far, the menu consists of:

Breakfasts:

Prime Rib and Eggs along with French toast made from fresh baked bread, peaches and blueberries.
NEED MORE IDEAS GUYS ?!?!?!

Lunches:

Seafood Bisque
Clam Chowder (possibly)
"Surf and Turf" lIf the funds are available, I would love to see it for lunch one of the days.... ??

??Buffalo and BBQ wings with blue cheese and ranch dips. Plus celery and carrots.
Cheese/hard salami/crackers/veggies??

Dinners:

Chicken Parmesean w/sweet itialian sausage on a bed of angelhair pasta and an amazing blend of meat sauce and freshly grated parmesean... and guaranteed, (the best garlic bread you have ever had)

Prime Rib with smoked asparagus in garlic and olive oil, and a spinich salad with a honey/mustard/bacon dressing with freshly grated parmesean and croutons.

Pork Tenderloin in a rootbeer reduction, garlic mashed potatoes and fresh creamed corn....goes great with watermelon.

Honey/peppercorn T-bone bathed in Maker's Mark lightly charred,served with grilled mushrooms and onions, homemade bread, baked beans and/or rice pilaf with a fresh greens salad with a raspberry and balsalmic vinagrete.

Deserts

Carrot cake
Cheese Cake with a Blackberry
Eclair Cake

Munchies

List to grow and be revised
Last edited by Toy Maker on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

thall

TFM-35

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:06 pm

More seafood bisque... PLEASE....Magnaryder
thall

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Yeah, I gotta admit that shiznit was off the hook! Plus it's a great "grab me" snack. Could you slow cook it in the slow cooker [7qt.] so it's ready whenever for whomever?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:11 pm

Do y'all like SPICEY food? Bobbie and I love to make Ethiopian food (she lived there for 2 years, when she was a "military brat".), but about 75% of the dishes are at least "whoah" hot, and a few are "HOLY S#!^" hot...

We also like to make a Szechaun Chinese dish called "Ma-Po Dofu", which is ground pork, tofu, some veggies, and a REALLY spicey (and slightly sweet) brown sauce. If you dig Szechaun, this dish is the shizznit... :)

We'd LOVE to do one dinner next year if y'all dig hot stuff. If not, we can make either dish, toned down for the "western palatte" too, but they're not nearly as much fun... ;)

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:53 pm

If you dig Szechaun, this dish is the shizznit... Smile

That's what bothers me is the next day ? O:)
Got a match and a bucket of water ?
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:07 pm

I'll be working with the 'crew' to formalize next years menu, and any offers of help will be kindly accepted....Dreamer..hint,hint. I don't do Tofu but the idea of some burn-your-face-off food intrigues me.

Here's some other ideas we came up with before leaving Monday....

James offered Chicken Parmesean

Prime Rib with smoked asparagus in garlic and olive oil, and a spinich salad with a honey/mustard/bacon dressing with freshly grated parmesean and croutons.

Pork Tenderloin in a rootbeer reduction, garlic mashed potatoes and fresh creamed corn....goes great with watermelon.

Honey/peppercorn T-bone bathed in Maker's Mark lightly charred,served with grilled mushrooms and onions, homemade bread, baked beans and/or rice pilaf with a fresh greens salad with a raspberry and balsalmic vinagrete.

Hungry yet?

We'll redo the Seafood Bisque, Carrot cake, and Ill do a Ceese Cke with a Blackberry Coulis and maybe we should add another soup...
...ideas will be entertained

This is just spit-balling at this time...but I would like to know if anyone has food allergies or something they REALLY can't eat.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:32 pm

How about some Robique ?
Slap it on a piece of Bred & Butter and grab a Beer..............OH MY GOD !
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:41 pm

Magnaryder wrote:Prime Rib with smoked asparagus in garlic and olive oil, and a spinich salad with a honey/mustard/bacon dressing with freshly grated parmesean and croutons.

That's for breakfast, right?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:59 pm

Damn, I just ate and I'm hungry again. I'm making the next one if for nothing else than the food!

I'm another non-tofu eating mofo. If you ever saw, nay smelled that stuff being processed, you'd never touch it again.

Food allergies......yeah, garlic. I only come out at night....LOL.
Last edited by F1nut on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:41 am

I can't eat real spicy foods at all... I really don't even like pepper on my food. Can't say I am down with the Tofu thing either...
Dice up a few pounds of Fillet, and throw it in there, and we might be getting somewhere.

I'm a real pain in the ass when it comes to food. Captin Crunch, Italian (no alfredo), Fillets, Godiva, whole milk, REAL butter, white bread...
Fuk all that green leafy crap... that just fills you up before you get the good stuff.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:25 am

I'm not even sure what half that stuff you guys named is! :-k
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:17 am

F1nut wrote:I'm another non-tofu eating mofo.

Yeah. I dated a vegetarian briefly, and that stuff smells something awful.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:48 pm

On a previous episode of Carverfest '08....

Bill and jesse wrote

F1nut wrote:
I'm another non-tofu eating mofo.

Yeah. I dated a vegetarian briefly, and that stuff smells something awful.

and James threw in....

I can't eat real spicy foods at all... I really don't even like pepper on my food. Can't say I am down with the Tofu thing either...
Dice up a few pounds of Fillet, and throw it in there, and we might be getting somewhere.

I'm a real pain in the ass when it comes to food. Captin Crunch, Italian (no alfredo), Fillets, Godiva, whole milk, REAL butter, white bread...
Fuk all that green leafy crap... that just fills you up before you get the good stuff.

I'll take care of the folks that can't eat the stuff that's off the beaten path and fix y'all something special out of my bag of tricks 8)

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

bikerdude523

TFM-55

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:35 pm

He!! I'm easy, steak and taders. Fancy it up all you want as long as there's steak and taders under there some where.
2 channel rig
Sunfire Classic vacuum tube Preamp: (3) M-4.0t's: SD/A-490t: Polk Audio SDA SRS: Velodyne SMS-1: (2) Velodyne DLS5000R's
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:46 am

Ray's a man that knows how to cook. Put Makers Mark on anything and it tastes great. O:)
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'