Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:01 pm

CarverFest '09 (PayPal account CLOSED)

CarverFest 08' (PayPal account)

Ending Balance: about $3,000

!!! PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS CLOSED !!!

IF YOU DID NOT MAKE YOUR PAYMENT IN TIME, BRING CASH TO CARVERFEST

Please add funds to the CarverFest Group Account as you can. We would like to see approx. $105 per person that will be attending CarverFest 08'
I will try to keep a running tally of the available funds in the account, as they are added (maybe update it once a month or so)

Don't forget... "Here's what you are paying for"

So, please go to the link below, and Click on the "Add Funds Now" button on the next page. (((SAFE AND SECURE through PayPal)))

I will be sending out MASS emails once a month to everyone as a reminder.
Last edited by Toy Maker on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:01 am

100 smackers are in by me as of this post.

Question? Are we going to have a fund this year to pay for Mr. Carver's attendance? [Flight/rental car/housing?] This past CF, I had verbal commitments that tallied up to over 600 smackers to pay his way, unfortunately his schedule did not allow him to attend. Just curious.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:06 am

treitz3 wrote:Question? Are we going to have a fund this year to pay for Mr. Carver's attendance?

Do you think he would go for signing our gear?
That could be a good incentive to get people to pitch in.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:08 am

I dunno. Haven't met the man yet. I don't know how he is. :-s
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:45 am

I'll try to keep nagging him, and Sara. See if we can't talk him into it...

Tom, you had said before, if he were to come that EVERYTHING would be covered for him... Is that something you would still want me to relay to them?
Last edited by Toy Maker on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:51 am

GOOD news, and bad news guys..........

The PayPal account IS working perfectly, We have received (2) deposits today...
But I forgot about PayPal's%... they took $3.20 of Toms $100 deposit...
I totally forgot about that.

I would say that we just chalk it up to "the cost of doing business" if everyone agrees... and from now on, everyone put in $105, and we will know that in the end each person will still have $100 after the fee??
Opinions ????

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:08 am

That's fine by me [105.00, that is] $3.20 is chump change after what we all spend on audio gear. :roll:

Yes, James. His trip is to be paid for in full by us Carver fans. Food will already be paid for through this fund, so that's not an issue. The folks that gave a verbal commitment this year can either PM me or post on this thread how much you are willing to contribute to Bob's coming out for next year's CF. Either way, it would be great to have him attend.

Any monies that go over the amount needed will be refunded at CF, or put into a pot as a door prize, or put into the next CF fund. Whatever you ladies and gentlemen decide.

BTW, TXS for taking the time to set up this PP account Toymaker! It should help to make this years CF better than the last, although that would be hard to trump.

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:40 pm

I will gladly contribute toward paying Bob's trip in full.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:28 pm

TNRabbit wrote
I will gladly contribute toward paying Bob's trip in full.

I'm in

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:00 am

I will throw some money in for Bob too.
Will do my first Paypal Payment tomorrow.
Erik
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:07 pm

Are we still on track?

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:10 pm

Still no word from them... Is no news, good news... dono.
I'll email them again...

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:12 pm

Well that too [VERY important!]. I was referring to the paypal account and everybody being on track.

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:35 am

not really.. there's enough for some milk and Cheerios for everyone for a day or 2 so far. Maybe a case of Pepsi...

$305

I forgot to tell you about the Sunfire TG-V.... #-o

umm......

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:26 am

I just added some more...sold some stuff on eBay!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
Next

Return to CARVERFEST PayPal Account