FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 am

Home Sweet Home

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:09 am

Home Sweet Home

Ah, a really groovy place to call our own. LIGHTSTAR, LIGHTSTAR, LIGHTSTAR. Feels kinda good don't it. I think I'll kick back, get a Crown and 7-up, and ponder all things Lightstar.

Thanks James !!!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:33 am

OK, now we need a seperate forum for us Silver 9t & 7t owners. No fair playing favorites. [-X
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:12 pm

no... not favorites, I wanted to make a couple posts, and they really didn't fit in any for the forums anywhere. so I just made a forum for it.
It really should be it's own Topic... but I didn't want to go that far.
Lightstar is a Carver product, but it was a totally seperate division of Carver, hence the new forum.

Don't be jealous Skip... I'll let you look at mine at CF. =D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Toy Maker wrote:no... not favorites, I wanted to make a couple posts, and they really didn't fit in any for the forums anywhere. so I just made a forum for it.
It really should be it's own Topic... but I didn't want to go that far.
Lightstar is a Carver product, but it was a totally seperate division of Carver, hence the new forum.

Don't be jealous Skip... I'll let you look at mine at CF. =D>

Skip look at it this way, you'll be in the cabin with more that 20,000 watts of Lightstar power. I'll let you spend some quality time with my rig and it'll have a DarkStar sub. I'd be concerned for my hearing if I were you.

bwaaaahahahahahahaha. marcia, marcia, marcia

ray

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:33 pm

Hmmmm. 20000 watts ought to be just about enough to power "the wall of sound". Might need to tape the windows though. I'm just ribbing you guys. While I love the sound, look and build of the Lightstar equipment, I'm perfectly happy with my lowly old Silver 9t's. They are all the power I'll ever need for the Plats. Wouldn't mind a Lightstar for the ribbons though. Or a Sunfire. I really want a Sunfire Reference Pre though. I think a tube pre would be killer matched with the 9t's.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)