It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:43 pm

New Sunfire Speakers

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 am

New Sunfire Speakers

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:12 am

Re: New Sunfire Speakers

Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:23 am

You'd have to contact a local dealer to find out, I'm sure... unless you can contact Sunfire directly for an MSRP list.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:28 pm

Jesus.... so much for "Mr. Stereo"

nothing BUT theater equipment now, and going deeper into it.
I do have to admit, the "direction" of the company may not even have anything to do with him anymore...

It would be nice to see at least a couple high end stereo pieces still being made
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:34 pm

I definetly agree with toymaker.
snarffydoggy
<<

MC Perk

Post Sat May 03, 2008 4:01 pm

I third Toy Maker!
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat May 03, 2008 5:04 pm

But that center sure looks nice.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Mr. M-500t

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:11 am

It looks like the same thing is happening to Sunfire that happened to Carver ?
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:50 am

It looks like an effort to keep some sales up. New products catering to the families that will announce to you that they live in a NEW subdivision while pretending it's a gated community. Those are the people that go to Circuit City because they have a great deal on what they think is a "quality" Harmon Kardon piece for home theater. They do not realize that they got such a great deal because the only thing Harmon Kardon about what they just bought is the decals on the front. I am not surprised that Sunfire is coming out with some of these items. I would tend to think it all came about to get more sales numbers due to the recent merger. There is one sad casualty here. With the market changing to the Circuit City mentality a large number of stores that sold real Hi-Fi gear are no longer around. The city where I live does not even have a Hi-Fi store anymore and there used to be some great ones.
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Mon May 19, 2008 10:18 am

There isn't a decent HiFi store in Phoenix. There were two, but they've all gone strictly HT just to stay in business.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

mr._bowtie

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:41 pm

Dont feel bad... there arent ANY Hi-Fi or HT stores in a 100 miles of me that Im aware of :(

But you have to do what will keep you in buisness. And the masses arent that into "quality" Its all about price and whats available at wal mart lol.
Brains... Sunfire TGP II, LG BH100, BSR EQ3000, Oppo DV-980H
Brawn... Carver M1.5T, Crown DC300A
Beauty... Infinity Referance Six's, Infinity Beta ES250's, Infinity Entra Sub
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:55 pm

mr._bowtie wrote:Dont feel bad... there arent ANY Hi-Fi or HT stores in a 100 miles of me that Im aware of :(

But you have to do what will keep you in buisness. And the masses arent that into "quality" Its all about price and whats available at wal mart lol.

Sad, but true :(
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:49 pm

<sigh> Remember the days of the good audio magazines, too? Good LP/CD reviews, recommendations, good equipment reviews which gave plenty of information to make good decisions as a buyer?

Now it's all :video.Home Theater -- and I'm not caught up in that, more's the pity, I guess (for me). :(
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 pm

I guess I'm lucky. I have one high end shop and two mid-fi shops here in Charlotte. There is possibly a third, but I have not been there yet.

Mr M-500t, I believe that you are right. Almost to a "t". We'll see what Bob has to say about it at CF.

HT will never get any of my $$$. 2-channel is where it's at here.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Reese wrote:<sigh> Remember the days of the good audio magazines, too? Good LP/CD reviews, recommendations, good equipment reviews which gave plenty of information to make good decisions as a buyer?

Now it's all :video.Home Theater -- and I'm not caught up in that, more's the pity, I guess (for me). :(

I remember when Stereo Review started covering car audio equipment. I cancelled my subscription.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
Next

Return to !! New Products !!