FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:30 am

Died and gone to heaven

<<

Toy Maker

User avatar

Puppet Master

Posts: 6384

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Duuuu guys... he's IN Canada. that automaticly makes him at least "French-ish".... I not racist at all... I LOVE Frenchfries man !
You guys did a good job coming up with those!!! =D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:15 pm

James, James, James .... Canada is a bilingual country, but the vast majority of the French speakers in the country reside in the province of Québec, not in the rest of the country. I am of French descendance (from the region of Normandie), so my right of being French is both acquired and by heritage. Lest you all forget the most American of all your symbols, the Statue of Liberty was a present from the French!!!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

User avatar

Puppet Master

Posts: 6384

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm just messing with you... you should have seen what I was GOING to write... I had to erase a bunch of it... didn't know how good your sense of humor was. Image
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 7295

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Actually, I said ne c'est pas (as in Je ne c'est pas), which is bad French - should have saidN'est-ce pas.

Anyway, I know only a little French - enough to get around Paris on a business trip and to avoid ordering sheep kidneys (grignon) or veal brains and tongue (tête de veux)
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.
_________________
Carver: C-4000 & C-1 preamps, PSC-60 preamp/tuner, TX-11a tuner, M-400 (2), C-500, M-500, M-500t, M-500t Mk.II, A-500x, AL-III loudspeakers (2 pr.)
Sunfire:Theater Grand III processor, Ultimate Receiver, Cinema Grand Signature 400 ~ seven, True Subwoofer Mk. II, D-10 Subwoofer
<<

Dreamer

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1616

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:17 am

Location: Washington, NC

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:39 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I LOVE Frenchfries man !
You guys did a good job coming up with those!!! =D>


Actually, "French Fries" are Belgian...

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:47 pm

BillD wrote:Actually, I said ne c'est pas (as in Je ne c'est pas), which is bad French - should have saidN'est-ce pas.

Anyway, I know only a little French - enough to get around Paris on a business trip and to avoid ordering sheep kidneys (grignon) or veal brains and tongue (tête de veux)


Actually, sheep kidneys are called Rognons.

BTW, I'm not easily offended; I just like teasing people over insignificant little details!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:52 pm

Dreamer wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:I LOVE Frenchfries man !
You guys did a good job coming up with those!!! =D>


Actually, "French Fries" are Belgian...

--Richard


And yes, French fries are indeed Belgian! They are actually called pommes frites (fried apples) over there. If it sounds weird, the French term for potatoes is Pommes de Terre or Ground Apples. they were so called because the color and texture of both of them once peeled is quite similar even thought he taste is not.

Quick factoid: over 85% of all translations into French are actually done by Belgians which is why so many american movies translated into French sound so bizarre. You really want a hoot, try and watch an episode of The Simpsons in French if you don't wet yourself, you'll crack a few ribs laughing.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

User avatar

Puppet Master

Posts: 6384

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:23 pm

BS... Their called FRENCH fries for a reason...


Maybe cause Belgianfries sounds kinda stupid.
They must have tried a bunch of names till they decided on Frencfries.

Jewishfries.... no... no one will buy them, they won't think there are many in the box.
Canadianfries.... no, we we just gave them bacon... that can't have the fries too.
Germanfries... hell no, they just fried everyone... that will bring up too many questions.
Russianfries... naa... they have nukes, don't want to piss them off...
Japaneesefries... no... they bombed us, we need to try to forget about that.
Chineesefries... no... they already have enough of the foods.
Indianfries... huh... who were the Indians ????
Frenchfries.... yeah, that works... besides, if they don't like it, the French wouldn't do much about it anyway [-X

all in fun guys O:)
ps... I'm German
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:31 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I'm just messing with you... you should have seen what I was GOING to write... I had to erase a bunch of it... didn't know how good your sense of humor was. Image


My sense of humor is not very good .... it is just plain warped!!!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Toy Maker wrote:BS... Their called FRENCH fries for a reason...


Maybe cause Belgianfries sounds kinda stupid.
They must have tried a bunch of names till they decided on Frencfries.

Jewishfries.... no... no one will buy them, they won't think there are many in the box.
Canadianfries.... no, we we just gave them bacon... that can't have the fries too.
Germanfries... hell no, they just fried everyone... that will bring up too many questions.
Russianfries... naa... they have nukes, don't want to piss them off...
Japaneesefries... no... they bombed us, we need to try to forget about that.
Chineesefries... no... they already have enough of the foods.
Indianfries... huh... who were the Indians ????
Frenchfries.... yeah, that works... besides, if they don't like it, the French wouldn't do much about it anyway [-X

all in fun guys O:)
ps... I'm German


ROFLMAO!!!!!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

maddmaxxx

User avatar

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Posts: 2985

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:18 pm

Location: the World We Skate Our 'Choppers' Thru

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:07 pm

-france is NOT a coalition country

-just the FACTS, mam
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Posts: 2417

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Location: So Cal

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:05 pm

O.K. OBI

First we don't hate the French we are just wary of them. And we don't like nitpicking (separating the fly shit from the pepper). Necs Pa schmes pa you knew what I meant.

And Bill how come you eat any of that cool French cooking? It could be worse. If you were in Scotland for example. (you wouldn't believe what they eat)

Actually Marc I enjoy many of your posts but I like to poke fun too. Sarcasm comes naturally to any New Yorker. (Just so you'll know if you grew up in N.Y.C. you remain a New Yorker forever no matter where you go).

BTW I hope you are enjoying your M400t's. I champion those little cubes, they just don't get the respect the others get and they are really cool amps.
I drove my ALS silvers with the bridged for awhile and they were great.

Anyway its all in fun (don't the rest of the Canadians hate the French/Quebec guys?

I can't believe all the shit I started with one little response.
<<

BillD

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 7295

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:13 pm

frankieD - I don't like Parisians - the French as a lot are OK. Toward the end of my career, a French company bought out the Honeywell computer business, and I ended up having to go to Paris at least 4 times a year for two weeks at a time the last 5 years of my career (it was one of the reasons I retired early). To me Paris is just like Pittsburgh with better food. The Parisians are a rude lot - a lot like New York City-ites. Nevertheless, I needed to speak a little French (and read a lot more) to get around the city via the various train lines (metro, RER, SNCF, etc.). The food IS good, though.

And, being a Scot, I know about haggis. Only lots of whiskey would make one eat that.

But my favorite story about Paris is their troubles with EuroDisney. It seems that they had to stop the fireworks display at the park closings every night because every time they did one, the east side of Paris surrendered.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.
_________________
Carver: C-4000 & C-1 preamps, PSC-60 preamp/tuner, TX-11a tuner, M-400 (2), C-500, M-500, M-500t, M-500t Mk.II, A-500x, AL-III loudspeakers (2 pr.)
Sunfire:Theater Grand III processor, Ultimate Receiver, Cinema Grand Signature 400 ~ seven, True Subwoofer Mk. II, D-10 Subwoofer
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: O.K. OBI

frankieD wrote:First we don't hate the French we are just wary of them. And we don't like nitpicking (separating the fly shit from the pepper). Necs Pa schmes pa you knew what I meant.

And Bill how come you eat any of that cool French cooking? It could be worse. If you were in Scotland for example. (you wouldn't believe what they eat)

Actually Marc I enjoy many of your posts but I like to poke fun too. Sarcasm comes naturally to any New Yorker. (Just so you'll know if you grew up in N.Y.C. you remain a New Yorker forever no matter where you go).

BTW I hope you are enjoying your M400t's. I champion those little cubes, they just don't get the respect the others get and they are really cool amps.
I drove my ALS silvers with the bridged for awhile and they were great.

Anyway its all in fun (don't the rest of the Canadians hate the French/Quebec guys?

I can't believe all the shit I started with one little response.


FrankieD, I took absolutely NO offence to anything said on here. Quite to the contrary, I love to make fun of just about any situation such as this. Just a way to inject a bit of levity into situations; god knows everyone needs to laugh every day. Breaks up the monotony and the tension.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:53 pm

BillD wrote:frankieD - I don't like Parisians - the French as a lot are OK. Toward the end of my career, a French company bought out the Honeywell computer business, and I ended up having to go to Paris at least 4 times a year for two weeks at a time the last 5 years of my career (it was one of the reasons I retired early). To me Paris is just like Pittsburgh with better food. The Parisians are a rude lot - a lot like New York City-ites. Nevertheless, I needed to speak a little French (and read a lot more) to get around the city via the various train lines (metro, RER, SNCF, etc.). The food IS good, though.

And, being a Scot, I know about haggis. Only lots of whiskey would make one eat that.

But my favorite story about Paris is their troubles with EuroDisney. It seems that they had to stop the fireworks display at the park closings every night because every time they did one, the east side of Paris surrendered.


BillD, you are SOOOO right! We French are to be loved and cherished. The Parisians are a whole other story. Sort of like New Yorkers, but with the attitude cranked up three times around the knob past the annoyance mark. And besides, what else can you say about a people who have elevated Jerry Lewis to the ranks of royalty???
Last edited by OBI56 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.