FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:13 am

Bob removed a link from the Sunfire website?

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:57 pm

Bob removed a link from the Sunfire website?

Carver himself has removed the link from the Sunfire website. Why? Lots of speculation, mainly centered around the past history of Bob C's bailing out of a ...
http://www.amazon.com/Woofers-Bob-Carve ... B000ESNB5O - 208k - Cached - Similar pages

Anyone know anything about this? More shake-up at Sunfire?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Shure V15 type IIIG cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Well, I highly doubt BOB removed anything from the website (himself) From what I have heard, he's about computer alliterate, and wouldn't know how to remove anything himself =D>

As for the link you posted, looks that same as this page:
http://www.sunfire.com/D_Subs.htm

If you are referring to the "Bob Carver" name... Looks like the name is being taken off most of the Sunfire website.

It looks as though they are trying to make the Sunfire name stand on it's own 2 feet without the backing of the "Bob Carver" name.

If the company is "shifting" or any plans for retirement, that would make scene. Make the Sunfire stand on it's own for the future (whatever that may be)

It wouldn't make allot of scene to sell the company, and the new owner try to continue to base the company on the old owners name. Someday, for whatever reason, Bob will not be around, but the Sunfire name will keep moving forward, whether Bob is there or not.

At least that's my guess.... who knows.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:41 pm

It will be interesting what they do with the "Signature" series of amps and subwoofers. I looked at the website and found that they mention "Bob" a lot, without the "Carver". Only when they get around to the tracking downconverter, do they mention Bob Carver by name.

I think it makes little difference. We all know that anything with a Carver name on it after Bob left is of little significance. We still revere the Phase Linears when Bob was there, but shun the rest. It will be the same for Sunfire. When Bob's influence has worn off, and Sunfire has gone "mass market", we'll stop buying that stuff, too.

We all bought Carver-designed stuff because it was high quality audio equipment that was equal or better than anything in that price range, or, perhaps, double that price range. It doesn't mean that there aren't excellent products available - you'll just have to pay a lot of money for them. I'm always amused when there is disagreement on the forum regarding the merits of some piece of equipment based solely on its sonic capability without regard for price (e.g., the recent Oppo thread). Remember your roots guys. What brought you to Carver? You could have had a Krell.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

TNRabbit

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:49 pm

BillD wrote:I'm always amused when there is disagreement on the forum regarding the merits of some piece of equipment based solely on its sonic capability without regard for price (e.g., the recent Oppo thread). Remember your roots guys. What brought you to Carver? You could have had a Krell.

You lost me with this statement; the Oppo IS an excellent unit at an incredible bargain price...?? Did I misunderstand?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:43 pm

Well said!

Well said BillD. You hit the nail on the head.

Rabbit I think Bill meant the oppo is "hot" because of the value. My audiophile friend follows high end gear (it's his business) and told me the oppo is always among the top cdp's but always the least expensive. In other words some players may be "better" but they usually cost several times as much.
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Yes, frankieD, that was my point. And, lord knows, as I close in on 60 this year, my ears ain't what they used to be to enjoy the difference as much. Hell, I can barely hear anything much over 17 kHz anymore. I used to be able to hear the FM pilot signal very clearly if there was no notch filter to eliminate it.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

dfronk

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:36 pm

I wonder if it is a possibility that Bob might start up another company. Seeing that he now owns his name again, would he start up a company with the "Carver" named product again?
<<

ChrisTFM35

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:13 am

Should Bob Carver come back into the scene full force, I want audiophile 2-channel amps with meters. The meters look awesome on the Carver and Sunfire amps.

Chris
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:39 am

dfronk wrote:I wonder if it is a possibility that Bob might start up another company. Seeing that he now owns his name again, would he start up a company with the "Carver" named product again?

He's in his 60's now I think... He's probably thinking about retirement, and chilling with his family.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Return to Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend