FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:05 pm

HELP LIGHTSTAR

<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:30 pm

Dave, scroll up to TFM75s comment on Dreamer's solution which I also came up with while I was editing my response. You only need the MCT if you have a MC cartridge.

Preamp = box with knobs and switches
Phono Preamp = circuit that amplifies the phono cartridge and equalizes it to RIAA specs. Can be internal or external for pre-amps not equipped with a phono stage like your Lightstar
Pre-pre-preamp or MCT = 10db step up device ONLY needed for Low Output MC cartridges
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Now that James Van Dyke put quieter op amps in my C-4000 phono section, I use it as my phono input to my Sunfire (rather than the Sunfire's). I also use the C-4000 as a can amp. It also takes the output from my computer through an external DAC.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 pm

I use the phono stage from either my C-1 or C-19 for vinyl. The tape output feeds Lightstar, and all is right in Ray's TT world 8) The tape loop on the C-19 is gain and tone free if used in the by-pass mode.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:03 pm

-the ONLY time i've needed TT 'blk boxes' are w/MC carts[the hi output ones too]

-never yeti, w/MM carts

-heard that some recievers[amp, tuner, pre= combined], had 'falsified' phono inputs[read manual]
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
Previous

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)