FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:12 am

Cabin Reservations for Carverfest '08.....

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:43 pm

Cabin Reservations for Carverfest '08.....

Carverfest, Here we come!!!

September 10th - 15th, 2008
Needmore Rd, Bryson City, North Carolina 28713

This is what's going on in terms of cabin rentals..........

The 4 Treehouses [2 out of four taken] 2 Available Radioeng2 and his wife have Treehouse B. Thall and his wife have Treehouse C The other two Treehouses are available as of today, Aug. 30th @ 10:am.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/treehouses.phtml

Watershed 1 [Full]Zoothorn and wife have rented this cabin. Rig will be Tyler Acoustic's Taylos Ref monitors, Anthem amp one (40 watt tube amp) a Dodd ELP and an Ah! CD w/tubed upsampler
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_1.phtml

Watershed 5 [Full] Dyeraudio, Rainman and wife and FrankieD [also for the first two days Steve Ford and Lynda will be taking Dyeraudio's room] have the first three bedrooms in this cabin. The six bunk beds that are downstairs near the foozball and pool table have all been spoken for. Featured system: CT-23, TFM-45, SDA 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers and (some) PS Audio cables.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_5.phtml

Watershed 7 [FULL]This cabin has been reserved for Eddie and F1nut. Rig will be a sweet one. Will update soon. I know that the Polk Audio SDA 1C's, Manley, Joule and F1nut's hot rod Jolida will be featured.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_7.phtml
Image Image

Watershed 9 [FULL] is reserved to house Engtaz and his son ,jvandyketx has the other bedroom. FesteLV staying within here as well.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_9.phtml

Watershed 10[FULL] Mr. Carver and a guest will be staying at this cabin with possibly one more person attending as well.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_10.phtml
Image Image

Watershed 11 [FULL] (Main host cabin) Treitz3 [upstairs BR], DaveS [downstairs BR],TFM-75 and the Wascally Wabbit will be staying at this cabin along with the available room for 4 separate stereo systems...including the "Shock and Awe" system we enjoyed at last year's Carverfest. I will update the rigs that will be at this cabin shortly. "Sparky" will be featured and we will have Lightstars and Amazings and tubes, LINN speakers, Tyler Acoustics, Focal, Polk Audio. One or two vinyl rigs will be set up here as well with all LP cleaning devices on hand. Two of RichP's "MKII" M-500t's and the M1.0tMKII will be featured here as well.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_11.phtml
Image Image

Oh yeah, I forgot. DaveS, here's your bedroom..... :D

Watershed 12 [FULL] (Hell's Kitchen) Magnaryder, Toymaker and his GF, Skip (AKA....Sasquatch) and the better half of Sasquatch will be staying at this cabin. Sir Toymakers one of a kind AL IV's [possibly AL6's] and his rig will be the only setup in this cabin unless Sasquatch intends on bringing his "mini system" again. This will be the cabin to where all proposed meals will be made and served throughout Carverfest. Extra tables and chairs will be provided in this cabin for everybody's convenience.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_12.phtml

Making Reservations Call 678-528-2732 and ask for Brandy. She is the exclusive contact at the cabins for this event. Please notify her when you talk with her that you are part of the Carverfest group. Keep in mind that she keeps "bankers" hours, please.

Map of cabin layout link below...where cabins are located on the property...
The following link is a pdf of driving directions, a map of the layout of all of the Watershed and treehouse cabins as well as a packing checklist for those who did not make to last year's Carverfest.......
http://www.watershedcabins.com/driving/DDWS.pdf

http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/m ... stmap1.jpg This is a close up satellite image of the layout of the cabins.
http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/m ... stmap2.jpg This is a view from further back. Updates and specific locations to come......

For those that want to mapquest or whatever the location, here's where you want to go to to get to the cabins...... Needmore Rd, Bryson City, Swain, North Carolina 28713

For a list of gear that's coming, refer to this thread.....
http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 2998#42998

This thread has more information on who's coming ......
viewtopic.php?t=3397&start=0
Last edited by treitz3 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

bikerdude523

TFM-55

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:38 am

How good is the house hold power? I have been thinking about watershed 9 and was wondering if it would support six amps and two subs at high output levels. Did anybody have any problems running multiple amps?
2 channel rig
Sunfire Classic vacuum tube Preamp: (3) M-4.0t's: SD/A-490t: Polk Audio SDA SRS: Velodyne SMS-1: (2) Velodyne DLS5000R's
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Power is one of the main reasons we will be going back to that location. Good and clean, and with all of the rigs going [sometimes at ridiculous levels]....not one breaker went.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:07 am

A couple of us thought we saw the lights dimming somewhat when the "Wall of Power" was maxing out, but we couldn't be certain. I'll tell you one thing; the power supply there is TOP NOTCH. We drove the living hell out of some amps/speakers with nary a hiccup!! My guess is the wall of power was, at times, drawing way over 1500 watts at 120 volts.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:14 am

The typical 15 amp line can provide a maximum of 1800 watts, so 1500 is well within range. Running six amps at the same time shouldn't be a problem, IF they are on different circuits.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:48 pm

How far are the small cabins? WOuld like something for the boss and meself?
Also, are they giving us any special pricing? Do we need to tell them we are coming down to the fest?
Thanks
Erik
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:05 pm

Erik, I'll PM you with my phone #. There is just too much info. to consider when typing. Off the top of my head, I believe Watershed's 1,2,3 and 4 are "Tree house" units that are super singles. They are the first set of cabins as you enter the main road up a VERY STEEP hill. However, you will not be able to set a rig up in those cabins because to my knowledge, they are all connected, FYI. All cabins are within walking distance of each other.

bigerik wrote:Also, are they giving us any special pricing?

Yes. Tim, one of the two owners of the cabins have set aside Sunday night for free for all that attend as well as an upgraded towel/futon linen service for free as well. They are very accommodating, luxurious cabins that you will not be disappointed in.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm kinda new here,,is it ok if I bring my wife? She seems to enjoy these (attended another forums fest).And as a new amazing owner,,I've got alot of questions,,besides that,,I'll volunteer as the DD if anybody needs one.

I'm going,, booking cabin today,,,can't wait,, this is going to be fun.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:35 pm

zoothorn wrote:I'm kinda new here,,is it ok if I bring my wife? She seems to enjoy these (attended another forums fest).And as a new amazing owner,,I've got alot of questions,,besides that,,I'll volunteer as the DD if anybody needs one.

I'm going,, booking cabin today,,,can't wait,, this is going to be fun.

'tis perfectly fine to bring significant others...
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Anybody and everybody, bring your wives, girlfriends, both, friends and acquaintances. This is a come one, come all event that is for everybody.

Fun is to had by all! We had a freakin' BLAST last year =D> :D :D :D *5*

There are more than enough cabins available to accommodate any amount of folks that are interested in coming. Please post here if you are interested in coming so that we can keep a tab on who's coming and who's not.

Planning an event like this is only easy when we know what's going on. ;)

<<

TNRabbit

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:17 am

Tom: it is with great sadness I announce I won't be able to attend CF '08. Please pass my reserved spot for Watershed 10 on to another lucky participant. Damn. :cry:
Last edited by TNRabbit on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Say it ain't so wabbit! How bout if we kidnap you.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Unacceptable Wabbit! [-(

Did you get the job?

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:30 pm

treitz3 wrote:Anybody and everybody, bring your wives, girlfriends, both, friends and acquaintances. This is a come one, come all event that is for everybody.

Fun is to had by all! We had a freakin' BLAST last year =D> :D :D :D *5*

There are more than enough cabins available to accommodate any amount of folks that are interested in coming. Please post here if you are interested in coming so that we can keep a tab on who's coming and who's not.

Planning an event like this is only easy when we know what's going on. ;)

May I suggest NO children, trust me on this. I've taken my girls to some SabMag events and it put a *damper* on the festivities.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:05 am

treitz3 wrote:Unacceptable Wabbit! [-(

Did you get the job?

Nope; it's mostly a monetary issue.
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'