FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Carver Kmos-2200 photos

<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Carver Kmos-2200 photos

OBI56 wrote:.....In reality that Probe is nothing more than a rebodied Mazda MX-6 ......
As a proud owner of probably one of the last MX-6's to roll off the line (a 1997 1/2.....in a color not offered, with some Millenia parts, hence the 1/2) I like the way you worded that. Since nowadays Mazda has become mostly a division of Ford, some might have said the MX-6 was a rebodied Probe ;)
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:32 pm

RichP714 wrote:
OBI56 wrote:.....In reality that Probe is nothing more than a rebodied Mazda MX-6 ......
As a proud owner of probably one of the last MX-6's to roll off the line (a 1997 1/2.....in a color not offered, with some Millenia parts, hence the 1/2) I like the way you worded that. Since nowadays Mazda has become mostly a division of Ford, some might have said the MX-6 was a rebodied Probe ;)

Actually, both generations of the Probe and Mazda MX-6 were completely Mazda engineered products with Ford's only responsibility beign the interior and exterior styling for the Probes and building the plant. Interesting side note: the Probe was supposed to replace the Mustang back then but due to numerous protests by classic Mustang owners, the Mustang continued being built for over 15 more years before beign replaced with the current version.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:51 pm

OBI56 wrote:
RichP714 wrote:....Actually, both generations of the Probe and Mazda MX-6 were completely Mazda engineered products.....
Yes, but sadly, I don't think that's the case since Ford has bailed out Mazda twice now. My wife had a Mazda Tribute; the first day it threw a belt tensioner on the parking lot....stamped on the part.....FORD.

Which brings a question....was the 3rd gen Mazda RX-7 the Carver of the auto industry?
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:33 pm

RichP714 wrote:
OBI56 wrote:
RichP714 wrote:....Actually, both generations of the Probe and Mazda MX-6 were completely Mazda engineered products.....
Yes, but sadly, I don't think that's the case since Ford has bailed out Mazda twice now. My wife had a Mazda Tribute; the first day it threw a belt tensioner on the parking lot....stamped on the part.....FORD.

Which brings a question....was the 3rd gen Mazda RX-7 the Carver of the auto industry?

What I said ONLY applies to the Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6. The Mazda Tribute was a 100% Ford engineered and built product as are the B series pickups. Ford and Nissan also had a similar agreement to build the Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager back in the 90s. Nissan supplied the engines and transmissions, Ford supplied the rest. Guess who supplied the 95% of the failing parts and assemblies that plagues these vehicles and which parts almost never failed?

The 2 bailouts you mention were decades ago and at a time when the US dollar was king and the Japanese Yen was in terrible trouble. Chrysler also bailed out Mitsubishi several times during those days as GM did for Saab, Suzuki and Subaru. The irony of it all is that if it were not for Mazda and Volvo, Ford would be in bankruptcy today and closing down.

As for the RX-7, I have some very specific opinions on that particular vehicle, several freinds having owned them. The 3rd gen was so optimized for speed and performance that they took way too much out of it that it ultimately compromized things like solidity and reliability. From tinfoil body panels that would warp and buckle from mere handwashing to engines that blew up seals to devilishly complex twin turbos that baked themselves to death to electricals that shorted out and caught fire; my friends loved the car despite all of its problems. When they worked, they were magic. Thank god Ford never got their hands on these...

Just because SOME Ford and Mazda products are excellent, both of them make a few lemons. Just like in the Audio industry. It isn't because a specific brand name is on a product that the product is either perfection or pure crap.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:07 am

treitz3 wrote:You mean to tell me that Mr. Toyota himself is driving a FORD!!!???!!!

Did hell freeze over and I missed it?

It's called "blown head gasket" and a $1000 replacement car...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:36 pm

OBI56 wrote:.....As for the RX-7, I have some very specific opinions on that particular vehicle, several freinds having owned them. The 3rd gen was so optimized for speed and performance that they took way too much out of it that it ultimately compromized things like solidity and reliability. From tinfoil body panels that would warp and buckle from mere handwashing to engines that blew up seals to devilishly complex twin turbos that baked themselves to death to electricals that shorted out and caught fire; my friends loved the car despite all of its problems. When they worked, they were magic....
Thanks for the info....didn't know about most of this re reliability. Very sweet design though ;) I'd heard that it was a case of be careful what you wish for, in that even the touring package suspension was so stiff as to be uncomortable....basically a performance vehicle not a road car.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:02 am

RichP, the RX-7s were great cars with a few annoying problems but even those problems were not enough to prevent older owners from buying new ones when the 3rd generation came out. And the problems with the 3rd gen didn't prevent them from buying RX-8s either. Just goes to show how much crap or crappiness some people will put up with and STILL be loyal beyond reason to something.
<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:11 pm

OBI56 wrote:RichP, the RX-7s were great cars with a few annoying problems but even those problems were not enough to prevent older owners from buying new ones when the 3rd generation came out.
I think it got priced out of it's audience's range too. A BMW roadster or an RX-7....hmmmmm

OBI56 wrote:And the problems with the 3rd gen didn't prevent them from buying RX-8s either.....
I think they ruined the design with the 8.....too similar to a pony car
Previous

Return to Carver Car Audio