FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:34 am

ATTN: All Carver Owners Re: Sunfire/Carver Service in danger

<<

boomer-X

TFM-45

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:54 pm

ATTN: All Carver Owners Re: Sunfire/Carver Service in danger

Unfortunately I have just learned that Sunfire plans to close the Carver Service Dept. on or before March 31st. The company that bought out Sunfire (Elan, I think) is going "corporate" and "downsizing Carver Service".

Rita and Mylinda have been a godsend to myself and I'm sure several of you as well as a resource for repairs of Carver amps and parts for other Carver gear.

Hopefully, I'm not the only one POed that every time something as decent as Carver Service (who always does the job right and charges a very reasonable price for this service) comes along - it ends up only being a temporary thing.

The only thing I can think of to do is e-mail Bob Carver - bobc@Sunfire.com and urge him to do whatever it takes to keep the service arm open.

I sent my e-mail to him earlier and assured him that there are still a ton of us who own/collect his Carver equipment and that with it only getting older the workload of the service dept. could only increase over time.

I hope some of you feel the same way and will e-mail as well - I really hate the thought of losing Rita and Mylinda.

Boomer-X

*Link to Service Dept.*
http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
Last edited by boomer-X on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:21 pm

Boomer just sent an email ! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

aaron04

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:16 pm

Wouldnt you know it,just when I will be needing service they are shutting it down! In the last year I have bought seven Carver components and now no one to do good repairs. I sent Bob an Email also.
Maybe we should start a petition!
Aaron H.
<<

Rick Price

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:55 pm

Just emailed Bob

I just emailed Bob Carver. My condolences to all other Carver owners on this forum. Maybe some entrepreneurally minded service company with internet presence can take up the mantle of Carver product support.
(Sort of like "Audio Classics" and McIntosh....)

Best to All,

Rick Price
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm

If all else fails in keeping the Carver Service Center open, this company can help.

Roland@
HiTech Audio
2125 SW 19th ST
Gresham OR 97080

1 503 618 7605
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Ponyboy

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:11 pm

Carver owners and users. Email. write a letter, or whatever it takes. Elan, the new owners of Sunfire have decided that actually making a profit is not enough. Get ahold of them and tell them that Sunfire will NOT be the next high end product that you will buy. The only thing these jerks understand is $$$$$$. We all know what a good product is and Carver IS a GOOD product. Let them know that SUNFIRE products will be off your short list and you WILL tell all of you friends what you think of Corporate greed and Sunfire will pay the price. Tell MARK, the new idiot what you think of his decision to get rid of Carver Service and tell Bob why he needs to step up and keep Carver Service going. He may not own Sunfire anymore but he is still Bob Carver. Make them think twice about enriching China and taking away Carver Service. Remember one thing, everything will come out of China within one year. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!Do you want to spend 4k on an amp made in China? I know I don't. Teach them a lesson they will not soon forget. Talk to their wallet.
<<

boomer-X

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:54 pm

Carver

Had no idea that Sunfire was also in danger but it stands to reason.

As far as I'm concerned "made in China" = deal with devil. I cannot stand buying anything made in China and will not if I can AT ALL help it. [-X One of the reasons I keep my Carver gear going is because of the bastardizing effect made in China products have had on the quality of consumer electronics and everything else they cheapen with the help of our corporate scum who sell our work force out for the "Global Economy" only to enhance their own bottom line.

This doesn't look good for the workforce of Snohomish and surrounding area. I doubt if I would have ever spent the money on a Sunfire system but it's always nice to know that they are there (especially Carver Service).

What's Bob thinking? Is he giving up on Sunfire too only to start another offshoot? When he loses control of a company he sure f@#%$ up royally.

Anyone know the new idiot's e-mail address?

Boomer-X
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:07 pm

Oh Hell I buy my TFM-75 than I find out BOB is no longer at Carver, sad moment. This week I buy my first Sunfire and Bob sells Sunfire. I know he's only a man but a hero to the rest of us.

I sure hope he has some big hidden plan as I think a lot of us feel burned by the news.

I too have 3 Carver amps and a Pre-Amp that need some help. Makes you wonder if by all those High-End Magazines that never gave Bob credit for so many yrs Bob now is turning his back on all of us.

This so sucks because I know that if I wanted some 1970's sony amp or receiver it would work. I Know that If I buy a carver It will need repair now or soon but the love of carver equipment made it worth it. I feel so burned by the news and feel the loss and I know we all do.
<<

boomer-X

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:13 pm

You can still get your amps repaired at Carver Service until about March 31st from what I understand.

Keep sending e-mails!

Boomer-X
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:29 pm

No I just called and thay turned me away and said thay will not except any new work and told me to call Roland Bar at 503 618-7605
<<

boomer-X

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:34 pm

Wicked Pisser! - I just talked to them yesterday and was told we had up until about a week before the 31st.

This really sucks - I was going to send in one of my TFM-35xs.

I've heard good things about Roland, just hate the situation at Sunfire.

Boomer-X
<<

pbarach

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:59 pm

You can still send in stuff for repairs

I just called Carver Service Center, and Mylinda told me they can accept new work until March 15. Sunfire, she said, will continue to honor the one-year guarantee on repaired Carver equipment. (My m1.0t arrived in their office today...)
<<

aawirth

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:04 am

Hi Well it's not uncommon in the hifi industry to start companys and sell them off, the great ML is best known for it, Problem is nowadays, cheap has top ranks over qaulity, and many manufacturers are going 3rd world, cheap parts,slave labour= more money in thier pockets, the heck with our economy base at home and jobs. real shame. Al
<<

Ponyboy

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:52 am

Do not think for one minute that Elan, the new owners are going to brag about this though. Would you pay 4500 dollars for a processor made in China being passed off as a Bob Carver made high end product. Their prices will not drop one red cent. So if they want to pay workers one dollar a day to make these supposed "High end stereo products" I think the least we can do is let the buying consumer in on the scam and hold Elans' feet to the fire while it is being done. They do not want Carver pieces being repaired because they think we will buy their 4000 dollar amps. Buy elsewhere and then tell Elan why you did it. Because they are liers and cheats. Don't worry though because 1000 years from now China will have their stuff built here because we will be the ones working for 1 dollar a day.
<<

Chuck1

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:31 pm

What's the deal with "Woofersbybobcarver.com" ??
These Subs are already being manufactured in China !!!!!

The amplifier silkscreen states "Conceived and meticulously designed by
Bob Carver in the U.S.A. Manufactured under license in China for Woofers By Bob Carver."
I will never by one !!!!!!!!!
Next

Return to Carver Corp. Gone Forever