FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:35 pm

CARVERfest 07' (( The Beginning ))

<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat May 03, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: CARVERfest 07' (( The Beginning ))

Treitz, that is a character mismatch between differnet versions of OSs that mostly happens with apostrophes, but also with most accented characters. I deal with that kind of crap on a daily basis in my work. This one is mostly caused by people using keyboard layouts that use a single quote interchangably with apostrophes. As Americans, you guys rarely get to see this since you only use a very limited part of the total character sets available to you
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun May 04, 2008 12:16 am

Honestly, I have no idea what the hell you just said. Not an international guy here....

I was just saying that I didn't type that as it is written. I believe that it happened during the forum PHPBB change....I guess?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 04, 2008 12:39 am

That is exactly it Treitz. The old Forum software probably used a different character set encoding scheme than the new one. I "suspect" that you propably did some cut & paste for the list of equipment from different posts. Some had the apostrophes created as single quotes and others as true apostrophes. Tough they look identical on screen, they are 2 different characters as far as the character set goes. When the Forum got converted, it probably went from 1 character set to the other and since only the true apostrophes got converted to apostrophes, the single quotes probably got converted to the "arabic" you see in the new forum.

In my job I deal with 17 different languages every day and each language has its own specific charactetr set, most of which are combined into 1 "master" or 'universal' character set. The main problem lies in that whenever Microsoft or Apple or one of the Linux OS suppliers upgrades the OS, they change the default "master" character set ever so slightly (they just can't resist screwing around with what already works). For US English Americans use only about 96 of the 4000+ characters in the "master" character set. This "master" set is divided into dozens of keyboard layouts to accomodate the characters most often used by different languages. Now, imagine a Spanish user who types a document in English using a North American Spanish keyboard layout and uses characters which are normally used in English but placed in a different location on the US English keyboard. The actual code the keyboard is different from the US English keyboard one, but it looks identical on the screen, so no one knows the difference. Many users also use, without knowing it because the computer manufacturer decided to use it as the default, an "international" keyboard layout that also has this same issue.

Long technical explaination I know, but not to worry, it is something that you may have just seen for the first time, but as time progresses you will see it again I'm sure until everyone agrees one 1 single standard character set.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun May 04, 2008 1:30 am

Re: Gear that will be at Carverfest...........

treitz3 wrote:
treitz3 wrote:Here's a list of the preliminary gear that will be coming............

ALS Platinums
ALS Originals
AL V's (1 of three in the world!) **For sale at the 'Fest!
AL III's
Polk LSi9's
Polk RTi10's
Focal 807v's
Polk Audio PSW1000 Subwoofer
ECS-U Speaker Control
Sub Bass room damper
(2) pair Silver (4 total) 7's, two of which are signed by Mr. Carver himself
M1.0
(2) Silver 9t's
(2) PM-300's
M-500t
M1.5t
M4.0t
(3) TFM-55's
Lightstar Reference pre amp and matching Amplifier
C-16
(2) C1's
Rega P1
Oppo 970 SACDP
Sony redbook CDP
AR-XA w/ Shure M91ED
AR "The AR Turntable" w/ Stanton 681EEE
The Clamp

What's up with the Arabic crap? I didn't type that.....?

Operator Error, as usual !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 04, 2008 1:41 am

Re: Gear that will be at Carverfest...........

Toy Maker wrote:

Operator Error, as usual !!!

Hehe......
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 07'