FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:50 pm

ATTN: All Carver Owners Re: Sunfire/Carver Service in danger

<<

ro9397

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:39 pm

Boomer
Let's call a truce. Here's some advice, worth what you paid for it. Get online or visit a library. Get the arguments from people who agree with you on trade. Find out hard cold facts like I did to back up your position. State your facts next time, don't just imitate secular progresives & complain & bitch & moan (that's practically all they have).

You know you shouldn't have started out attacking me personally, so don't do that next time. As I said, you only did it because you felt small because you haven't done enough home work to support your position (whatever it is, you complained a lot but suggested no answers, & that is a waste of everyone's time.) I support & honor anyone's honest opinions, but have not one once of respect for people who use personal attacks because their opinions are based on pure unadultertated bias.

BTW, a Carver board is not a spelling bee, so I'm not bothering with spellcheck. Stop being so petty.

Your implying that it's OK to lie to a new member & mislead them because yo don't like them is plain immature & stupid. I am not stupid enough to take anyone's word without getting it backed up my a professional independant source.

That said, this is probably my last visit. I've changed my mind, finding out all Bob's original amps are close to 20 years old. I'm not that fond of Bob to want an amp that old.

I wish Sunfire made a moderately priced smaller stereo amp.
Jim R.
<<

boomer-X

TFM-45

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:00 pm

1). The Global Class War by Jeff Faux

2). I am not small,immature,stupid, or a liar

3). hell, I'm going out to dinner.

Boomer-X
<<

wire

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:18 pm

ro9397 wrote:Boomer
Let's call a truce. Here's some advice, worth what you paid for it. Get online or visit a library. Get the arguments from people who agree with you on trade. Find out hard cold facts like I did to back up your position. State your facts next time, don't just imitate secular progresives & complain & bitch & moan (that's practically all they have).

That said, this is probably my last visit. I've changed my mind, finding out all Bob's original amps are close to 20 years old. I'm not that fond of Bob to want an amp that old.

I wish Sunfire made a moderately priced smaller stereo amp.

Jim
Stick around . Its a good board with alot of members with alot of knowledge on carver equipment .
Check out the light star Amp on ebay . I ve never heard one , but mustbe a fine amp . Opps already gone :( .
<<

djreef

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:51 am

You guys crack me up.

My take on all of this is that Bob is done. I really don't think he's got anything left for what used to be his passion. After wrangling with all the corporate BS of the last 15 years, he's sold his name, and now he's riding off into the sunset (prob to fly his RC planes). I personally wish him a happy retirement, and thank him for giving me my first real 'affordable' glimpse into the world of hi-fi, nearly 22 years ago.
= 8-->{I>
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:10 am

Jim R. , a case study on how to make and influence friends.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

JimmyNeutron

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:14 am

Well, without actually talking to Bob on this (as I'm sure no one will), it's safe to say he's thrown in the towel. That's cool. He devoted many years to build some of the best amplifiers and speakers that most people could actually afford (and then be able to brag about them to all the others who shelled out far too much money for other more expensive equipmment :) ).Bob deserves a break. Let him go in piece and enjoy what he has accomplished. We still have the equipment. And JimR, consider this, Bob's 20 year old amplifiers are STILL dancing circles around most any amplifier built today. His designs are incorporated in most all amplifiers to varying degrees. You don't want to buy a 20 year old amp? No problem here. That's one less person I have to bid against to buy a real american classic amp.

Thanks Bob!! Enjoy yourself.

Jimmy
<<

Rick Price

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:02 pm

Oh no, not a again.....

I have a lot more anger at the trends in general than at Bob personally.

I hate to see Jim R. get too ganged up on, though.

It seems like a huge stretch for us to contemplate serious comparisons to post WWI Germany, Italy and Japan, but there are a CRAP load of indicators that are pointing in that direction and the textbook definition of "FASCISM" is the merging of corporate interests and infrastructure with those of the government's.

The only reason I mentioned it (but tried not to hammer it to death) in one of the early posts is I see it everywhere with much BIGGER fish than the "hi-fi" industry and I believe that the only tangential connection is the very uncertain economy in which we all swim.

Having dropped that stinkbomb, I respectfully resubmit my original assertion that people in the US of every political stripe take it into account in the two areas that they see things go wrong: Buying NEW (not twenty year old) consumer goods (Dead Eye Dick already has his eye on Ebay btw, remember the campaign?) and whom they choose to represent THEIR values in Government. (That is, if Diebold hasn't actually already chopped that one leg the rest of the way out yet) and we get back to talking about what is good about this stuff.

Every side has some blame in the bigger issue. To borrow a line of dialogue from (showing my hand as a reformed pre-adolescent nerd) the old "Star Trek" TV show:

"Only a fool fights in a burning house".

(Of course since that line was written in the sixties we see people doing it all the time now in the movies.... Oh, never mind... :) )

Best to all.
<<

aawirth

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:35 pm

With the addition of the Class D digitals, going for reasonable $ and very competive with the high end units of 10 times thier price,,,there will be lots of genuine used Carver equip available for us diehards :) Al
<<

Rick Price

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:56 am

Class D Amps

I was prepared to go online and research this technology (I remember when they tried to rush it to market in the '80's with speakers and amps. The word "abyssmal" just begins to describe what most writers-yes I never heard them-at the time described) and find a bunch of propaganda saying how $20.00 Class D amps would founder stuff like ours and it's pricier bretheren.

I found this post online by one "Bruno Putzeys". (I don't know if that's a spoof name or not, he's supposed to be a BIG wheel engineer for Phillips so I'd tend to think not, but still, THAT name....)

It seemed remarkably even handed and speaks to why our gear will hold up, even if in the collectable market. I hope so.

Here's the link:

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/aud ... fiers.html

I'm not sure you have to be an AES member to post there, so........

Food for thought.
<<

Rick Price

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:00 am

OOPS.

I just pulled up his email. I think he's legit...... :)
<<

gblick

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:42 pm

About two years ago I bought a brand new PM-1400 poweramp which came with a five year factory warranty.

If it fails within the next few years while still under warranty, will I still be able to get it fixed?

I'm thinking the company should have no problem honoring the warranties that are still in effect, but this news of the shutdown of the service department has me worried now.
<<

blahacj

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:43 pm

LIVESTRONG

I agree totally with djreef. Thank you Bob Carver for showing me affordable equipment to stimulate my highly musical side. As with all of the bands that come and go, so does the equipment. It's amazing how short 20 years actually seems in the grand scheme of things.

Although I was initally disappointed, I still believe I was NEVER "ripped off" buying all of my Carver gear. I still truly love the design, and this is stuff you just can't find in stores now, cosmetically or functionality speaking. How often can you find amps like Bob's in stores, especially carrying that many watts per channel?

Anyway, ebay, here I come. I am still a little concerned about parts and someone to fix this stuff, I can't part with what I have had for so long. Don't have much to say about global economy and world trade that hasn't already been said, but it sure stirs a heated debate. If Bob is truly gone, goodbye, and thank you for all of the great years of top equipment. Retire knowing that you made a whole helluva lot of people happy. =D>
Carver since 1988.
<<

carver neophyte

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:12 pm

not to get things back on subject, but the guys in oregon bought all of the old carver parts to continue the repairs:

http://www.carveraudiorepair.com/

So unless Carver Corp/Sunfire was in the business of manufacturing parts for old 80's/90's carver stuff I think we are in the same boat that we were before. Hopefully people will get past the 2 pages economic theory and opinion to find this info. (PS hope there aren't any typos in this)

good luck guys
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:07 pm

A tip of the hat to a man who clears everything up for us on his second post. Thank you sir. I wouldn't have sold my Carver stuff anyhow.
<<

blahacj

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:16 pm

Thank you for the info

2 posts and the world is right again. Thank you for the reseach and settling everyone down a little. This is no longer the day that music died.

[size=18]Outstanding Work !![/size]
Carver since 1988.
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Corp. Gone Forever