FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:30 am

Gear that will be at Carverfest '08 thread.....

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Gear that will be at Carverfest '08 thread.....

FesteLV wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:
We'll have different lines as well...

"Shit Wire" (Econo-line)
"Real Shit" (Mid-line)
"Total Shit" (Highend- line)

Shit wire..... "Let it flow"

And for those that aren't in the know I guess they don't know "Jack Schitt!" :lol:

I wish I could be there at the fest...being a high school teacher is tough to miss days at the beginning of the year. If I can find a way to get coverage... [-o<

Jack Schitt.... is he the company spokesman?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Mailing address:

Shit Wire Inc.
6969 Dung Way
Shitsville, FL 33916

Sales: 1-800-SHIT-WIRE

Tech Support: 1-800-DONT-GIVE-A-SHIT
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:33 am

Shitsville, FL is right below the Toletbay area. LOL #-o

engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Ok, so to get back on topic. I will be purchasing a pair of Polk SDA 1C's that will be refurbed by the awesome woodworking skills of F1nut [Thank you very much!] This is cosmetic. Right now, the pair are missing some tweets and one woofer. Those will be replaced and the set will be brought up to stock condition. Whilst this is happening, I will try my best to acquire the upgraded tweeters as well as Sonicaps and any other possible upgrade that exists within the X-over and re-build them [from stock] at Carverfest. That way, you folks can hear for yourself what difference all of these cumulative upgrades make.

You guys [and gals] need to make this event. Too many cool people and experiences to miss.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm

Tom, you may want to reconsider upgrading the crossovers at CF as it takes hundreds of hours for them to settle in. In the meantime, they'll sound like crap.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Then I need to order the parts soon and have them running, huh? This should make the switch out easier anyway.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat May 10, 2008 6:42 am

I am still a newbie to the forum. I am checking into the possibility of being able to attend the "fest" If you guys would like to have me. I could bring My Linn Kaber speakers and my PS Audio cables and I/C's if anyone would be interested in having me bring them along. I will have to see if my race schedule will permit me to attend. I work for a race team and time off during the summer can be hard to come by.....
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Mon May 12, 2008 6:41 am

Come on down rainman. I'd love to hear some Linn speakers.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 12, 2008 7:04 am

Thanks for inviting the "new guy" I also want to thank everyone for making me feel welcome in the forum and also the tips on how everything works here. I am looking forward to the Fest. Since my Linn's seem to be unfamiliar to a majority of everyone. I think it will be cool for me to be able to bring something new and somewhat unique for people to check out.
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon May 12, 2008 9:16 pm

Rainman, of course you can come. All members and their families are welcome to come. It's as much an audio event as it is a vacation. When you get there, you'll know what I'm talking about.

If you, or anybody else is interested in attending....please be sure to post your interest in this thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4799 , that way when it comes closer to the event it will make it easier to see whether or not we will require more cabins or not. ;)

Thanks.

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed May 14, 2008 8:35 pm

treitz3 wrote:Rainman, of course you can come. All members and their families are welcome to come. It's as much an audio event as it is a vacation. When you get there, you'll know what I'm talking about.

If you, or anybody else is interested in attending....please be sure to post your interest in this thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4799 , that way when it comes closer to the event it will make it easier to see whether or not we will require more cabins or not. ;)

Thanks.

Everyone be aware we drink, smoke, cuss and play music really loud from morning 'til night. This ain't Disneyland. Just so's y'all know.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Amen to that Ray. ;)

Alright, some time has gone by and I'll update what all I'm bringing later tonight hopefully. Just want to give this thread a little bump-a-roonie to see how many rigs are coming.

What kind of gear will everybody be bringing?

<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:58 pm

I am bringing my....TFM-45, SD/A 490t and my CT-23 and my Vibra-Pods....I will coming down with Rainman and he is bringing his system as well....PLUS his LINN Kaber speakers and PS Audio interconnects.....
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Magnaryder wrote:Ray's rig:

a Lightstar Direct Pre
a Lightstar Reference 2.0 amplifier
a Carver SD/A 490t CD player
a pair of Carver Original Amazing Loudspeakers
shitty interconnects and speaker wire :shock:

ray

and...... my Carver Research DarkStar sub and possibly some other stuff

anyone interested in listening to some new (unopened) vinyl, featuring the Beatles and the 'Stones?

ray
Magnaryder

<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 pm

engtaz wrote.....
Everyone be aware we drink, smoke, cuss and play music really loud from morning 'til night. This ain't Disneyland. Just so's y'all know.

This sounds like my typical weekend at Rainman's pad in Kalamazoo.....and the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD...... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'