FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 pm

ATTN: All Carver Owners Re: Sunfire/Carver Service in danger

<<

Rhombus

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Being a CarverAudio.com neophyte and only a high school graduate, what the hell is a "Secular Progressive"? Is that the same as a "Godless Liberal"? ;)

And, thank you Carver Neophyte for the "heads up"!
<<

aawirth

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:53 pm

Bruno Putzey is right, Denmark is far ahead of the rest of the world in the 2 digital technologies, that being the Zapulse, B&O ice, and Hyperx which is Brunos design, The H2O built by Henry Ho use's the ice 500a in his mono blocks and have extremly good reviews, and are considered the best amp in the world for the hard to drive apogee's, I built a couple of mono blocks using the LC Audio Zapulse 2.3 module , and a couple using the B&O 500a , how do they sound? well the bass and midrange is far better than the Caver 4.0t and 7t, but I like the HF better on the Carvers better, but thats just MHO :) They are the future, 90% effeincy and better, yet can handle a 1ohm load with ease, can't get much better than that :) Al
<<

boomer-X

TFM-45

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:59 pm

Rhombus

A secular progressive is the trendy term nowadays for a "Godless Liberal" with a slightly more militant agenda.

Whenver Bill O'Reilly wants to get the last word in, he goes to the well with this term on his victim.

Very glad to see Carver Service passing the torch to Rolland.

I apologize to the board members for my tirade last week. I know I drifted off topic and can't believe I allowed myself to get into an internet debate.

Boomer-X
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:11 pm

Boom,

Like nobody else among us has ever done that before?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 pm

Geez.....I feel like chopped liver. Page One, 5th post.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

wire

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:38 pm

No worries F1nut TY .
Just got my CT-7 pre . Sounds frikkin great :) . Still love the Carver Pre :) .
<<

Rolland

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:35 am

Toy Maker wrote:I spoke to Mylinda the other day... and unfortunatly, Bob sold EVERYTHING, including all the carver parts.
She said there is no way to support Carver products without the OEM parts.
She said no one is sure what will happen to the parts, but that the new company doesn't want anything to do with them.
I'm betting thay will sell all of it for pennies on the dollar to whoever is doing the CD and tape repairs.
My name is Rolland the owner of Hi-Tech Audio. We purchased the total inventory from Carver and had purchased the CD parts inventory in 2000. We are very happy to provide the best possible service for these products. I know we will be able to keep all you loyal Carver fans happy with your gear for years to come. For service questions please feel free to call us Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM PST Thanks. Rolland http://www.carveraudiorepair.com
<<

basspig

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:13 pm

I've been away from this forum for a while, so it is rather a shock to hear the news of the demise of Sunfire Corp.

Until we know the reason why the company was sold, the rest is just speculation. One thing is pretty certain: the passion of engineering audio equipment is quite a different thing from the dry and often ugly world of business and marketing. Bob was a genius in the technical areas, but I'm quite certain he was frustrated by the legal/business side of things. If he is retiring, then one must question why he didn't find a suitable party to carry the torch. There could be many reasons, but possibly one being that none of the companies in related areas could relate to the appeal of Carver equipment. If the company was sold to a Chinese outfit, then we can't expect any new innovation. That is sad.

This situation reminds me of the recent Kurzweil/Young-Chang/Samic debacle, in which Kurzweil was sold to a Korean company, which seemed to want to obliterate it totally. However, there were several good companies that wanted to buy Kurzweil and restore it to its former glory and an innovator of synthesizer technology. Whether this is true for Sunfire, I don't know. I can only imagine that there must be a few that would want to carry the company's torch, but from what has been posted here, it doesn't look that way.

As for globalism, I'm supposed to believe that it is a good thing. And that the fittest will survive and prosper in these conditions. However, when I see teachers salaries increasing 32% a year, while wages of common workers are frozen at 2% a year, with the real estate market having gone insanely crazy this past decade, property taxes have gone up twenty-fold for some of us in the northeast. Our salaries have gone down. Some one has to tell the tax man that we're now part of a global economy, so teachers have to get with the program ans start living on the wages that the rest of us are living on.

In the early 1990s, I was averaging $128/hr as a prepress graphic designer. By 1995, I was down to $50/hr. By 1997, I was out of the business and fixing radio transmitters for $25/hr. And now satellite, MP3 and the new generation of non-radio kids is putting the broadcast biz into a slow downward death dance. The writing is on the wall. Work is becoming hard to find. My wife and I even looked into a medical career, but the cost of schooling is steep and the wages for the position we were interested in are less than I charge per hour now in radio.

Something really scares me when my real estate agent tells me that the last three homes she sold were bought by CEOs. No common folks moving into my town anymore. The average salary is $122,000/yr here. I HAVE to wonder where all these people make their money. It sure isn't me! This year I will have a $12,800 property tax bill, if the current budget passes. My business posted a loss of $3500 last year, it was such a terrible year. Fuel is at insane prices. Everything has gone up. I've been selling everything non essential on ebay just to stay afloat.

So when will local taxing authorities figure out that this is the new global economy and roll back taxes to Wal-Mart levels?

It is a scary time that we live in. America is Athens, fighting the Battle of Syracuse. Historians will recall the unfortunate ending of THAT battle.

As for amplifiers, with Carver, Sunfire and even Hafler gone, I'm actually contemplating QSC and their Powerlight 6.0 amps to power, at the very least, my woofers. Times are changing indeed.
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
http://www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 watts of driving surround sound!

Business sites at:
http://www.ampexperts.com
http://www.mwhdvideo.com
-
<<

Ponyboy

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:23 pm

As someone who actually knows the inside story I can report that nobody is happy with the situation at Sunfire.(Bob included) The mere fact that there is a Carveraudio.com forum is a legacy that will never go away quietly and atests to his popularity among the masses. Bob is the best thing that has ever happenned to my wife and myself and I formally thank him for everything he has given my family over the years. I worked at Phase Linear and my wife worked there also. We met there and are together to this day. She has worked with him ever since until recently. Thank you Bob. Ron
<<

Audioquest

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:16 am

Eddie wrote:Boomer just sent an email ! Eddie!

That really is too bad, but I suppose everyone retires sometime. I just last week bought a mint Phase Linear 400 series II which I will love to then end of my days, even though I own a complete tube system. I am a sucker for the vintage gear and also own some mint HAfler stuff. Never say die!
"Some people are like a Slinky. They are useless, but if you push them down the stairs they still make you smile"
<<

Psxmoe

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:23 am

15 year old teen with another crazy idea

Well that sucks............

I'm happy with my HR-772. I just hope it doesn't start to act like a Sony!
If i had the money i would by the 1.5t amp. But if the tranformer went out i would be out a lot of money..........

But then again why complain about it? I know this sounds stupid but why not all the members of this forum make our own repair shop? Have exsiting parts remanufactured ( in cheaper differnt brands for most of the parts) in america?
I'd be willing to do it
Altough it's only a thought......... Just a dream of a 15 year old teen
HR-772
<<

ac427cobra

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:28 pm

carver neophyte wrote:not to get things back on subject, but the guys in oregon bought all of the old carver parts to continue the repairs:

http://www.carveraudiorepair.com/

So unless Carver Corp/Sunfire was in the business of manufacturing parts for old 80's/90's carver stuff I think we are in the same boat that we were before. Hopefully people will get past the 2 pages economic theory and opinion to find this info. (PS hope there aren't any typos in this)

good luck guys

Greetings All:

Sorry I'm a little "Johnny Come Lately" on this but I've recently encountered a problem with my Carver CT-17 pre-amp and I'm looking for a repair facility. I Googled and landed here! =D>

Is the link above the "recommended" location for said repairs? I have quite a few Carver pieces and have been very satisfied with the performance and service I've received from them so far! \:D/

I would appreciate any input!

Thanks! 8)
Bruce
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Go to the repair forum. There's a couple of stickies on the top of that forum. You may want to go with one that is there.
<<

ac427cobra

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:05 pm

Thanks George!! Will do!
Bruce
<<

george gay

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:17 am

Theres a dude after my own heart, "AC cobra 427"!
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Corp. Gone Forever