FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:47 pm

((( WHAT'S ON THE MENU )))

<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Re: ((( WHAT'S ON THE MENU )))

The Bose speakers come with the cabin rental. And no, you can't shoot at them or chuck them in the water source.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:28 pm

OBI56 wrote:The Bose speakers come with the cabin rental. And no, you can't shoot at them or chuck them in the water source.

ROFLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:52 pm

OBI56 wrote:The Bose speakers come with the cabin rental. And no, you can't shoot at them or chuck them in the water source.

I can do anything I want as long as I'm willing to pay for it ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 pm

Well, if you are paying for it....let's make a sacrifice to the audio gods.....via BL'oSe. \:D/
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:23 pm

treitz3 wrote:Well, if you are paying for it....let's make a sacrifice to the audio gods.....via BL'oSe. \:D/

Maybe Uncle Bob would care to light the fuse ? [-o< [-o< [-o< :lol: 8)
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:45 pm

OK folks, here's the deal. We have set a date for the Carverfest menu to be at least 95% complete. That date is August the 10th. What we need to know is if anybody has an allergic reaction to any type of food that has been proposed, or will be proposed. We are planning on peanut oil for the chicken wings, for example. Some folks have a bad enough reaction to certain foods that they can't even be in the same room without an outbreak. We would like to know in advance if this is an issue for anybody.

If you do not want to post it here in this thread, no problem. PM Sir Magnaryder or the wonderful Maddhousemouse and let them know so that we can plan accordingly.

Also, If you have a suggestion or request of what you would like to eat while at Carverfest, post it here. On site at Hell's Kitchen [Watershed 12] we will have three grills lined up for some mass cooking. The only thing that you might not like would be the scenery looking over one of the best views that the cabins have to offer. I'm sure that you will be able to get over it. :p

Again, we would like 95% of the menu finalized by August the 10th. Thank you ladies and gentlemen!!!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

MaddHouseMouse

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:14 pm

Follow up to the message above...What we are looking for is what folks want to eat as the burden of shopping looks like it will be falling on a sole person (Thanks Tom!)

Recipies have been floating across the Fest thread about some "killer recipes". If we can agree as a group, we need 4 dinners and 4 breakfasts to begin with. If you provide a suggestion, we need the list of ingredients and how many this serves. Right now, 25-30 people to serve. In addition, daytime snacks/lunches are suggestions we are looking for.

Kick it off with this:

snacks/lunches:
Buffalo and BBQ wings with blue cheese and ranch dips. Plus celery and carrots.
Cheese/hard salami/crackers/veggies

Magna......you can chime in at any time.....

Thanks to everyone, in advance for your contributions =D>

Toodles,

Pam
Keeping the MaddMan in check.
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:36 pm

-cases of white castles pleaze !!!

- 8)
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

FesteLV

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:46 pm

MaddHouseMouse wrote:Follow up to the message above...What we are looking for is what folks want to eat as the burden of shopping looks like it will be falling on a sole person (Thanks Tom!)

Recipies have been floating across the Fest thread about some "killer recipes". If we can agree as a group, we need 4 dinners and 4 breakfasts to begin with. If you provide a suggestion, we need the list of ingredients and how many this serves. Right now, 25-30 people to serve. In addition, daytime snacks/lunches are suggestions we are looking for.

Kick it off with this:

snacks/lunches:

Toodles,

Pam

How about something regional representing areas of the country (just a thought). I for one love a pasta primavera dish with shrimp, a light alfredo sauce, perhaps with sliced bell peppers, olives, and pine nuts.
Or How about stuffed bell peppers with/out meat (choice of diced chicken, ground beef, shrimp, etc), kernel corn, rice; brocolli spears, salad, served with cornbread.

My 2 cents as it were...thanks.

Arthur
Feste
Las Vegas

C-4000t, TX-11a, Silver 9t(2), M-1.0t(2), SD/A 490t, Apogee Calipers
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:28 pm

MaddHouseMouse wrote:Follow up to the message above...What we are looking for is what folks want to eat as the burden of shopping looks like it will be falling on a sole person (Thanks Tom!)

Kick it off with this:

snacks/lunches:

Toodles,

Pam

I'd say keep the lunch/snacks as simple as possible... I'd think the days will be for socializing, music, and tinkering. I'd suggest, maybe a nice Cold Cuts spread, chips crackers, bread for sandwiches etc, for mid day munchies. No time to fix anything, and everyone can pick and choose. Ham, Turkey, Salami, Bologna, Tuna, Veggies, chips, breads, salsa and so on.
I'd honestly try to make the lunch/mid day as simple as possible, to not take up anyone's time.

I can say I have never cooked for 30 people at the same time before. I used to be a Sauce Chef in an Italian restaurant, and could run with the best of them, but 30 at once will be interesting !!! 30-some-odd Chicken Parms at once will be REAL interesting, guess I will apologize WAY ahead of time just in case :)
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:19 pm

Toy Maker wrote:

Kick it off with this:

snacks/lunches:

Toodles,

Pam

I can say I have never cooked for 30 people at the same time before. I used to be a Sauce Chef in an Italian restaurant, and could run with the best of them, but 30 at once will be interesting !!! 30-some-odd Chicken Parms at once will be REAL interesting, guess I will apologize WAY ahead of time just in case :)

Have you done a veal parmesan? My mom used to make it when I was a kid, loved it. A great sauce can hide a multitude of sins 8)
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:44 pm

-sounds feasable...i don't do fowl

-or soy for that matter
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Dammit maxxx, I was gonna suggest tofu casserole, veggie burgers, millet pie and red bean ice cream .....
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:58 pm

OBI56 wrote:Dammit maxxx, I was gonna suggest tofu casserole, veggie burgers, millet pie and red bean ice cream .....

Keep it. Your sick ! :-&
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Well, that is what I had for supper ....
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'