It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:55 am

((( WHAT'S ON THE MENU )))

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Re: ((( WHAT'S ON THE MENU )))

Well, sir that's not what we are going to be having for dinner. [Yuck!] Less than three months to go. Post away and give your input or deal with the gourmet dishes we have planned.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:
MaddHouseMouse wrote:Have you done a veal parmesan? My mom used to make it when I was a kid, loved it. A great sauce can hide a multitude of sins 8)

Veal or Chicken... same thing to me in the end.
I personally prefer chicken, veal isn't worth the $$ in my opinion.
I will make it once in a while, but am never THAT impressed with it.
Chicken, is ALWAYS better in the end... much bigger, juicier, and softer. Just me I'm sure.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Re:

Magnaryder wrote:I've got a hankerin' for a steak and eggs breakfast. I like Tom's idea of Prime rib for b-fast too...hmmm...Prime Rib and Eggs along with French toast made from fresh baked bread, peaches and blueberries.

ray

Hey Ray if you like steak and eggs and are thing of trying something new try skirt steak with your eggs, hell you can even throw it on a roll and that make a hell of a breakfast! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Well, sir that's not what we are going to be having for dinner.

Nor breakfast, lunch or snacks. Have you ever smelled tofu as it's being processed? I can only discribe it as a combination of a decomposing corpse, rotten fish, ass and rotten veggies. Gawd awful smell.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 am

I would rather deal with the tofu than have to deal with a beef stroganoff M.R.E. as it's about half way done heating. (Anyone who relates to this is considering a trip to the toilet now)

From what I have read and heard I am quite pleased that I will not be asked to show anyone how to use their MRE heater to either heat food or make a small explosion. It will be very nice to go somewhere and have great food! That is an interesting concept for me. You would be amazed at some of the things, stuff, and items that I have consumed spending 22 years at about every racetrack you can think of. Have you ever heard the term "mystery meat?" Well that is exactly what some racetracks serve.
Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:24 am

How bout a nice baked country ham that could be sliced up for breakfast biscuits? Not all may like it, but us southern boys do.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:13 am

Boy, that reminds me of growing up in Richmond, VA. Smithfield ham on biscuits - yum. True story. I went back to visit my parents and brought a lady friend with me when I was in college. We went to a little place for breakfast that I used to frequent on the Midlothian Turnpike (lots of truckers went there, too). Anyway, I ordered biscuits and gravy, and she ordered ham and eggs, and inquired about grits. She asked the waitress, "How many grits do you get with with that?" The waitress just turned and looked at me and said, "She's not from around here, is she honey?"
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:05 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:52 am

Grits, sweet tea and a slab of ham, the breakfast of champions.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:21 pm

F1nut wrote:Grits, sweet tea and a slab of ham, the breakfast of champions.

Oh yeah ??? 8-[

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Magnaryder offers.......the following

Breakfast option #1

Prime Rib and French Bread French Toast with fresh peaches and blueberries w/ egg(s) of your choice.

Breakfast option #2

3 or 4 Egg Omlets with bacon(smell it cooking Kimmy?), sausage, chorizo, fresh green peppers, onions and mushrooms smothered in a white or red wine sauce with a bowl of fresh strawberries and cream.

Breakfast option #3

Chunked Beef Tenderloin served in Homefried Potatoes covered in my country gravy and a nice aged sharp cheddar with Bacon Fried Cornbread and honey/maple butter.

Breakfast option #4

Dinner plate sized Pancakes with a Black Raspberry reduction swirled in them. The Eggs of your choice and Rye (or your choice) of toast with honey butter.

for the evening....

Dinner option#1

Honey Peppercorn Porterhouse Steak smothered in Maker's Mark, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus roasted in garlic and olive oil, fresh bread or rolls and a 3-berry pie ala mode.

Dinner option #2

Grilled Chicken in a sweet rub and mopped with a homemade sauce, boiled Red Potatoes served in butter and chives.....and .... (drum roll please) my Carrot Cake.

Dinner option #3

Swordfish or Shark in an Italian marinade then char-grilled, Grilled Sweet Potatoes, Spinach salad with eggs, tomatoes and croutons in my honey/mustard/bacon(do you hear it sizzling Kim) dressing, and Vanilla ice cream swirled with fresh fruit and a home-made whipped cream topping(altitude permitting).

Dinner option #4

We'll start with an Amaze-buche of grilled Portabello Mushrooms stuffed with Crab Meat and a Brazed Scallop(or something else for you MHM) topped with a reduction of your choice(as long as it's rootbeer, sarsparilla(as long as I can still find it)or black cherry), Grilled Beef Tenderloin served with a crab in white wine sauce topping, a sweet corn soufflé, Fresh Green Salad and a blackberry tort or Bourbon baked apple crumble.

last year's attendees scroll down, i didn't forget you.

........enough Seafood Bisque to feed 30 for several days.

ray
Last edited by Magnaryder on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:51 pm

Damn Ray, you're like my new best friend........well, except for the garlic. Us vampires have a tough time with that stuff, makes me sick. Did I say, damn Ray, you're like my new best friend!?! I better bring my fat boy clothes....LOL

James......yep!

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey Ray what can you do with a burger? I just had to ask! LOL! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Eddie wrote:Hey Ray what can you do with a burger? I just had to ask! LOL! Eddie!

Eddie, got something for ya :-) You're gonna dig it

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 am

F1nut wrote:Damn Ray, you're like my new best friend........well, except for the garlic. Us vampires have a tough time with that stuff, makes me sick. Did I say, damn Ray, you're like my new best friend!?! I better bring my fat boy clothes....LOL

James......yep!

Glad you like the offerings Jesse. This is only preliminary, as of yet we haven't heard from alot of the attendees or Mr. Carver. We'll finalize this as CF approaches.

ray
Magnaryder

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'