FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 am

Gear that will be at Carverfest '08 thread.....

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Gear that will be at Carverfest '08 thread.....

Credit for that statement belongs to Magnaryder. not me.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:46 pm

dyeraudio wrote:engtaz wrote.....
Everyone be aware we drink, smoke, cuss and play music really loud from morning 'til night. This ain't Disneyland. Just so's y'all know.

This sounds like my typical weekend at Rainman's pad in Kalamazoo.....and the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD...... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

then.....

engtaz wrote....Credit for that statement belongs to Magnaryder. not me.

Just doing my civic duty...keeping CarverFest safe for adults.

The Crown is ALREADY on ice 8)

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm

What does Bob drink? We need to have plenty of it on hand......... :-k

BTW, Some of the highlights of my rig will include a Richard Grey 400pro, MIT T2's, 2 pair of AG CV-8's both with the 72v BP upgrade, Focal 807v's, Tyler Acoustic's Taylos 7U's, VMPS Larger sub w/upgrades, Raddi MPPM8 tubed amp, Odyssey Stratos, Velo SMS-1, Jolida JD100, Denon 2910 SACD Player [universal], Carver C-16, MH MMF-5, the "clamp", Dual sided Nitty Gritty along with some other Carver gear and a plethora of other goodies.....

......and a shit load of tunes, SACD, DVD-A, Redbook, Vinyl......

I have many of the same recordings in all formats, and not just one so if anybody who comes that is curious as to the differences between the formats, here's your chance. However, don't expect to hear an MP3 player or an I-Pod on my rig. That's like sac-relig or some shit. :p
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:44 pm

hehehehe....

You want to keep Bob happy huh........
You better have shit load of............

Diet Coke on ice !!!!!

HE DOESN'T DRINK EITHER !!!!
I told him... he and I can have long amp/speaker design discussions into the night, while the rest of you are trying to pick yourselves up off the floor... he laughed :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Anybody bringing a ribbon center channel speaker?

Thanks
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Root beer for me, thanks. I'll be joining James and BC for the late night discussions. 8)
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:56 am

Toy Maker wrote:hehehehe....You want to keep Bob happy huh........You better have shit load of............
We'll have plenty of that.

I want to have a candid conversation about his video we saw concerning the I-pod thingy-dingy being audiophile quality. I still don't buy it. He said in that one interview that it was the new and up-and-coming and could be audiophile quality. Nope. I don't buy into it. What I'd like to find out is the REAL nitty gritty. Did he sell out with corporate BS or what?

Going back to your question......REAL questions like this? I would believe Bob would be perfectly at home with questions like this amongst folks that would consider it an honor to be in his presence. He would be the one to ask, he amongst all of us here on the forum would know and would have the most amount of experience, I would imagine after all his experience.

Put yourself in his shoes. If you had experience, would you not want to talk about it with folks that are there.......generally for audio but more specifically for you? Wouldn't that make you happy?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 am

I think an iPod can deliver audiophile quality to an outbound DAC. It's either in memory or on disc in the iPod. Say you put lossless files on your iPod, and delivered them to that Wadia thingy with coax out to a, say, Benchmark DAC.

The neat thing about iPods versus converting direct from the CD is that it's like a digital buffer. Everything comes out of memory (yes, even the big disk driven iPods buffer to memory), so the transport is out of the equation. So, as long as the iPod hardware/firmware can deliver the bit-perfect (which it is) digital stream to its outbound port, what can go wrong with that?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:26 am

Magnaryder wrote:
FesteLV wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:
We'll have different lines as well...

"Shit Wire" (Econo-line)
"Real Shit" (Mid-line)
"Total Shit" (Highend- line)

Shit wire..... "Let it flow"

And for those that aren't in the know I guess they don't know "Jack Schitt!" :lol:

I wish I could be there at the fest...being a high school teacher is tough to miss days at the beginning of the year. If I can find a way to get coverage... [-o<

Jack Schitt.... is he the company spokesman?

ray

Actually Jack just accepted the position as the company spokesman for my new clothing company which is called "Dick Fitzwell Jeans" because we have the fit that doesn't quit! =D>
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:29 pm

I hope you can bring Jack to the Fest. I would really like to meet him. You see many years ago in the Navy my Chief was always getting on me. He was angry because I wasn't acquainted with Jack. He would say "God Damn, you don't know Jack Schidt" and I never understood why that made him angry but I always wanted to meet Jack so I could calm him down. Of course he's probably pushing daisies by now but still.
<<

FesteLV

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Feste
Las Vegas

C-4000t, TX-11a, Silver 9t(2), M-1.0t(2), SD/A 490t, Apogee Calipers
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Can anyone here bring their ribbon center channel speaker like the Sunfire or ML one's to CF8 I like to check them out! Thanks Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Bob was taling about bringing some Sunfire ribbons, I check with him to see what he's bringing for sure
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:37 pm

It has been arranged by RichP that two of the M-500t MKII's will also be on hand for auditioning at Carverfest. On another note, a custom Pre/phono Pre/Active XO/tube buffer all in one unit will be there as well. I almost forgot. Polk Audio's DSW Micro-Pro 400 [their current top of the line sub] will be their as well. This sub is unlike any other Polk sub you have heard!

You remember those 20 tube mono's in George's avatar? Well, you might just see them there as well........ =D> =D> =D>

Right now we are looking at about 6-7 complete rigs that will be on hand at Carverfest! I'm starting to get really excited about this year's event. It'll be great to see the familiar faces, the one's I haven't seen for a year, the new faces and of course.....Mr. Carver himself. I can't wait to walk up to him, shake his hand and genuinely thank him for all that he has done for the world of audio.

<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:39 pm

"
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'