FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:15 am

**** BOB CARVER HAS DONATED AMPS TO CARVERFEST ****

<<

Toy Maker Admin

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:10 pm

**** BOB CARVER HAS DONATED AMPS TO CARVERFEST ****

WELL.... This is going to TOP EVERYTHING we have planned so far for CarverFest...

I just received a phone call from Bob Carver. He has decided to DONATE a set of his new custom hand made Tube Monoblocks to CarverFest. At his request, I am listing this info for everyone to see, and so you know what will be waiting for you....
He has asked me to let everyone know, that these amplifiers will be on display for the entire week of CarverFest, and we will be able to audition them as well. On the last day, there will be a drawing for the winner of these amplifiers !!! Some lucky devil will be going home with one HELL of a souvenir !!!!! He will of course sign these units over to the their owner.

These amplifiers are the same as the 1st set he sold on eBay a couple months ago for over $6,000
I have no idea how to thank Bob enough for his amazingly gracious donation to our little fan club.
THANK YOU BOB !!!!!!!!!!

Vintage Vacume Tube Monoblocks
By: Bob Carver

Vacuum tube monoblock amplifiers 180 watts each

Indepth info available here.... viewtopic.php?f=113&t=5340

<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: **** BOB CARVER HAS DONATED AMPS TO CARVERFEST ****

Can we just show up the last day for the drawing? :-$ 8-[ [-X =; :-#
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:37 pm

THANK YOU BOB!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D> I DON`T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY EXCEPT MAYBE I`LL GET LUCKY [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 pm

See. I knew that would come up....

This will have to be open to those "with cabin reservations" or something.... I dono.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

SteveFord

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:48 pm

Wow, thanks Mr. Carver!
What a tremendous way to give back to his customers.
Crud, I've only got reservations for 9/11 & 12...
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's
<<

DaveS

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm

WAIT TILL EVERYONE STARTS GETTING HOME FROM WORK AND SEES THIS!!!! UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:14 pm

I love you Bob C. SWEET.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:19 pm

A most gracious and generous offer, indeed.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:35 pm

I have no idea how to thank Bob enough for his amazingly gracious donation to our little fan club.
THANK YOU BOB !!!!!!!!!!

If it were possible, paying ALL of Mr. Bob's travel and lodging expenses would be my plan, IF I was in a position to do it. I hope to be able to drop into CF for a day to meet everyone and especially B.Carver! Even though I don't have cabin reservations and wont be eligible for the drawing, I'd be willing to kick in a little dough to help the Festers pay Bob's expenses. gdb
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Thank you kind sir!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm

gdb wrote:I have no idea how to thank Bob enough for his amazingly gracious donation to our little fan club.
THANK YOU BOB !!!!!!!!!!

If it were possible, paying ALL of Mr. Bob's travel and lodging expenses would be my plan, IF I was in a position to do it. I hope to be able to drop into CF for a day to meet everyone and especially B.Carver! Even though I don't have cabin reservations and wont be eligible for the drawing, I'd be willing to kick in a little dough to help the Festers pay Bob's expenses. gdb

Well, we did offer and he declined. He's still not paying for food hehe, I already have that covered for him. It seems Mr. Carver is looking as forward to our event as we are. Thanks goes to you, gdb and all of the other folks that were willing to pay for Mr. Carver's trip. You guys ROCK!!!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

DaveS

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:28 pm

I`ve said it for 40 years Bob`s THE man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Patrick Henry
<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:46 pm

Well Put DaveS. I would have loved to have been able to Meet THe Man. The AMPs are defineately ICING ON THE CAKE. Everybody will have to keep us poor souls who can't make it updated on all the auditioning of the various equipment that will be there.
snarffydoggy
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm pretty speechless in awe! Those are an "Amazing" gift and gesture from Bob Carver!
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:37 pm

My most heartfelt thanks to Mr. Bob Carver for his most generous donation to the forum. Pity I can't make it down there to thank him in person. Good luck to all the atendees!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'