FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:15 pm

was there ever a car cd player?

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:01 am

nope... Carver only made (2) car stereos, both were tape decks.
I believe the models were CT-7 and CT-9, but I could be wrong, it's been a while
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Re:

Toy Maker wrote:nope... Carver only made (2) car stereos, both were tape decks.
I believe the models were CT-7 and CT-9, but I could be wrong, it's been a while

TX-Seven and TX-Nine (spelled out, not numeric) ToyMaker
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:08 am

Re: was there ever a car cd player?

When we had our electronics store we were doing a ton of work for a local BMW dealer and I can almost swear that the head units that came factory in some of the M Series BMW's were Carver. I know for sure that the component speakers in them said Carver on them. I really think the head units had the Carver logo on them.....
I also bet there is a good chance that these pieces were not something that Mr. Carver designed or gave his approval for. I would guess that this was probably something cooked up by the non functioning brains of the desert people who somehow ended up with Mr. Carver's last name on their building? True? Not True?

By the way.. Question: Do you know what BMW really stands for???
Answer:

Bring
Money
With you
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:37 am

They very well could have been Phoenix Gold products with the Carver label on them like that Carver CD Recorder on eBay.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:11 am

Thanks OB1, at least now I am fairly sure that my O.C.C.D wasn't causing me to think how much cooler that M-5 would have been with a Carver deck in it. Followed by hallucinating that it really had a Carver deck in it which caused it to be "that cool" and sharing my delusions with you by telling you I saw Carver decks in the BMW's. Is this really as twisted as it now appears? I think the only way to fix this is for me to buy some Sunfire Gear? #-o
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:12 am

Nope, you guys are wrong I'm pretty sure....
The "TX-7 and 9 came out a LONG time ago !!
If TFM-75 can dig out my paperwork, one of them is in the 88' brochure I think..
Way before the shareholders get involved. If I'm not mistaked, the tapedeck came out before any of the car amps.
They crammed the carver tuner in a car unit. I heard the tape deck kinda sucked, but the tuner could pull in stations like crazy...

I think Ray has one working !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:04 am

Here is what I was able to come up with on the BMW factory CD head unit. I clipped this from an installers page. The picture is all I could dig up without making a project out of it. I will search my personal photo albums for a better picture.......

The new BMW Z4 Roadster uses Carver Technology high-end audio!

The car audio system standard in the BMW Z4 2.5i is a system with a single-disc CD player.

The BMW Z4 2.5i has a 10-channel amplifier that feeds a 3-way front/2-way rear speaker system with a total of 10 speakers.

The Carver Technology premium audio system is standard in the 3.0i and optional in the 2.5i.
Attachments
Carver BMW.jpg
Carver BMW.jpg (42.46 KiB) Viewed 1397 times

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:27 am

I'll put $10 on this one !!!!
Carver never made a Car CD player.

Ok here we go....
http://www.coombesjohnstonbmw.co.nz/Ham ... ategory=10

BMW CD radio in the BMW Z4 Coupé.
The 4 x 25-watt BMW CD radio features an integral CD player with motorised disc slot and is standard equipment on all Z4 Coupé models.

BMW Business CD radio in the BMW Z4 Coupé.
The optional 4 x 25-watt BMW Business CD radio uses antenna diversity for enhanced radio reception and includes an integral CD player with motorised slot. It can also be connected to a BMW CD changer and will play MP3 files on CD

THX Certified BMW Professional audio
system in the BMW Z4 Coupé.
For sheer listening pleasure, choose the optional THX Certified BMW Professional audio system. Its 430-watt output and 10 speakers deliver impeccable sound quality, while carver technology ensures superb bass playback even at low volumes. In addition, the system is able to simulate various sound environments and can be further enhanced with the addition of a 7-band equaliser (only in conjunction with the Professional navigation system).

The question is... what technology are they using that has the name Carver ?? Sounds like something to do with the bass...
This could be Pheonix Gold parts.. who knows...
It sure as hell isn't "Carver Corp"
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:26 am

This looks like a question That the Man can answer himself at the Carver Fest
snarffydoggy
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:24 am

No, Carver did not produce a car CD player. the Carver TX-7 and TX-9s were cassette/tuners, not Cd players. They did have a mini din-plug Cd input to run a portable CD player thru the head unit. They both required outboard amplification.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

danw2002

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:03 am

BMW never used Carver head units that I have ever seen, but I have been wrong before and will be wrong again I am sure real soon, most were Alpine for many years(replaced many a belt in the tape units). and as a BMW nut for over 30 years(own both cars and bikes), I can tell you that bmw really means Break My Window....ask me how I know.....hehe.

Rainman wrote:When we had our electronics store we were doing a ton of work for a local BMW dealer and I can almost swear that the head units that came factory in some of the M Series BMW's were Carver. I know for sure that the component speakers in them said Carver on them. I really think the head units had the Carver logo on them.....
I also bet there is a good chance that these pieces were not something that Mr. Carver designed or gave his approval for. I would guess that this was probably something cooked up by the non functioning brains of the desert people who somehow ended up with Mr. Carver's last name on their building? True? Not True?

By the way.. Question: Do you know what BMW really stands for???
Answer:

Bring
Money
With you
Dan Williams
carver nut,
who lives only
a few miles from
their old office....
<<

danw2002

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:06 am

Yep, the tape transport used a type of 'plastic', was a form of nylon and it flexed to much and the tape section never worked very well, but the tuner was nice.

Toy Maker wrote:Nope, you guys are wrong I'm pretty sure....
The "TX-7 and 9 came out a LONG time ago !!
If TFM-75 can dig out my paperwork, one of them is in the 88' brochure I think..
Way before the shareholders get involved. If I'm not mistaked, the tapedeck came out before any of the car amps.
They crammed the carver tuner in a car unit. I heard the tape deck kinda sucked, but the tuner could pull in stations like crazy...

I think Ray has one working !!!
Dan Williams
carver nut,
who lives only
a few miles from
their old office....
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:26 am

I think I may have the final answer on this.
I finally talked to that friend of mine who was in the car electronics store with me. He was also at one time the manager of the Hi-Fi store here that sold Carver gear.
I inquired about Carver gear in the 1,000's of BMW's that rolled through our shop. His response was this- "There were a few factory in-dash single disc head units that had a Carver label on them, but the label was the only thing Carver about them. The first one I pulled out of the dash revealed quite a surprise though! The head unit was actually made by Blaupunkt which is standard equip in most BMW's. I was wondering about the whole thing of Carver labels on Blau gear. I remember thinking someone really needed to send Mr. Carver a new .300 Winmag with giant Leica optics so upon making a positive ID on those who were responsible for this he could really "reach out and touch someone" with the same feelings of care and Kindness that they probably gave him!
So there we have it... The final answer on the in-dash cd (I hope) A Blaupunkt cd with a little tiny white Carver label........
Attachments
Desert 50 1.jpg
Desert 50 1.jpg (50.28 KiB) Viewed 1254 times

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:09 am

So in the end... the answer is still no, Carver never made a car CD player 8)

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 am

That is right, Carver never manufactured a car cd player. I wasn't crazy when I said I saw Carver on the BMW head units though. It's too bad it turned out to be a labeled Blau unit, but can I still have a few "style points" for seeing a BMW cd head unit that had the Carver logo on it?
I guess that's like a bigfoot sighting. Someone could see a bigfoot with a 14 inch footprint and you will assume it's 11feet tall etc. When the true story is it was indeed a bigfoot with a 14inch footprint only it wasn't 11feet tall it..... just appeared that way to the midget who actually saw a 6 1/2 foot tall man in an ape suit heading to a party. I almost forgot the bigfoot part.........He was wearing those old school military issue mickey mouse boots that make a 14inch footprint =D>

That has to be worth at least a couple points for me to count since someone stole my cards #-o

Next

Return to Carver Car Audio