FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:16 am

LIGHTSTAR DIRECT PREAMP VALUE?

<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:23 am

LIGHTSTAR DIRECT PREAMP VALUE?

What would the value of a Lighstar direct preamp be? I have looked online but there is little info.

REGARDS SNOW
Last edited by snow on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:44 am

Re: LIGHTSTAR DIRECT PREAMP VALUE?

Those are about as common as living Popes Snow. From various counts, there were fewer than 100 Lightstar amps ever built and probably even few preamps. New, they sold for about $2000, used .... who knows! I wouldn't count on them having depreciated much if at all. I only know of 4 or 5 of the amps and 3 of the preamps in actual use.

If you come across one and you can afford it, buy it is all I can say.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:52 am

hmmm..... I will keep you posted.

REGARDS SNOW
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:13 am

$850.00 as the going rate. If it doesn't have the remote, forget it. The remote is the only way it can be operated.

Edit: I should add that there are NO parts available, should it need repair.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:19 am

F1nut wrote:$850.00 as the going rate. If it doesn't have the remote, forget it. The remote is the only way it can be operated.

Edit: I should add that there are NO parts available, should it need repair.
Thanks Jesse. You dont miss much do you? :)

REGARDS SNOW
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:22 am

I guess not...LOL

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:34 am

I've only ever seen 1 Lightstar amp for sale but never the preamp. Thanks for the pricing and remote info F1nut.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:50 am

Be careful...

there was one that sold on ebay a few months ago that was broken... if it's the same one, it can't be fixed...
Rolland said it was a paperweigt.

I do need a remote though if it is broken !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:53 am

OBI56 wrote:I've only ever seen 1 Lightstar amp for sale but never the preamp. Thanks for the pricing and remote info F1nut.

My dad got his off ebay a few months ago.... I don't remember what he paid, it was BuyItNow

I have a HK remote that was programed with the Lightstar pre codes, so if you are real nice to someone WITH a LS pre, you can clone their remote...
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:55 am

If the one you are looking at has any problems, and you pass on it, let me know, I really do need a remote...

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:10 am

James, you made me think of something. Harmony (remotes) has just about every conceivable remote code known to mankind and their customer service is stellar. It would be worth contacting them to check if they have the Lightstar pre amp codes. If so, all one would need to do is buy one of their remotes and download the codes via the provided USB cable connected to your computer.

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:18 am

Is there software to MAKE a set of remote codes ?? That would be an easy thing to do...

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:32 am

Thanks guys for all the info. This one is supposed to work perfectly and he does have the remote, but its not a bad idea if at possible when I get this unit to program a second remote with the codes to avoid being paralyzed if and when it breaks, or perhaps even use the second remote after programming and save the original remote so if I ever resell this unit it will have an original working remote.

REGARDS SNOW
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Be careful...

there was one that sold on ebay a few months ago that was broken... if it's the same one, it can't be fixed...
Rolland said it was a paperweigt.

I do need a remote though if it is broken !!!

Toy Maker, couldn't that broken unit be called an organ donor instead of a paperweight?
gdb
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi Toy Maker. What would be great is if you could see your way clear to selling me one of those amps that are stacked up in your avatar, then we would both be happy. \:D/

Fat chance of that huh? lol

Heres a few pics of some lightstar gear in case someone reading this wants a visual. :D

REGARDS SNOW
Attachments
1143414171_5609451804.jpg
1143414171_5609451804.jpg (80.37 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
1143417713_7480fbc0cd_o.jpg
1143417713_7480fbc0cd_o.jpg (128.2 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Last edited by snow on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)