It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:18 pm

[[[[Carverfest '08 attendees list]]]]

<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:06 am

Re: [[[[Carverfest '08 attendees list]]]]

Tony,

I went last year for a few hours, kind of like your planning. Drove over the park for the day visit. It was a really great day that went WAY too fast. The cabins are really beautiful and all the guys were very gracious and it was a ton of fun. The unexpected part was how much effort everybody had gone to bringing systems and tons of music!

The time to drive back came really quick! Do yourself a favor and give yourself as much time as you can!!

I'm booked for the whole event this year and have looked forward to it for a year!!

Look forward to meeting you...

Mark
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Yeah, I wish you guys had stuck around a little longer than you did last year...
Are you +1 this year, or are you coming alone ??
(freakin' electronics braini'ac) !!!!!

Wish I knew more about electronics than I do !!! damnit !
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:11 pm

The wife is supposed to accompany me. Only hitch in that gitty-up would be if she happens to tangle with a new job before then. Easy to have mixed hopes on that score!

We do audio get togethers, large and small, around Knoxville every year. Sometimes a whole lot of equipment comes and the day is really full. Going over the mountains to Carverfest for a day visit seemed like a fun thing to do. But I had no idea how much would be there!! I mean everybody was coming from far away. How would it get there? So when we pulled up and saw the trailers and so forth, it became clear that this was a serious get together. Just a few hours couldn't do justice...

And...ta daa....this year is going to be BIGGER! Woo-Hoo..... Boy oh boy, is this going to be great!! See ya all soon!!

Mark
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Concerning Lawrence

Any further update on Lawrence Mark? It would be great if he could make it too.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:27 pm

MAKER`S WILL BE THERE.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:46 pm

I've been working on Lawrence to get him there! I can't think of anybody that would get more out of visiting with Bob than Lawrence would. He can speak the language, understand and ask great questions.

When we share an article, he can read it and get about 3 times as much out of it as I can and explain things that go way beyond the original info! He's an amazing encyclopedia of electronics information and a talented designer. Kind of the electronics world's McGyver!

While I'm planning the whole event this year, I'd really like to find somebody else from over here to drive over with Lawrence, maybe on the weekend. But I'm really looking forward to the event!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Re: Lawrence

Do we have to send someone over to kidnap him and bring him there? LOL...

Also....Please review the first post of this thread to see if any errors or ommissions have been made. Thank you folks!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

audiophile101

TFM-55

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm still very interested in going but won't know if I can for sure for about a week or two. I'll let you guys know then.
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:43 pm

My father just confirmed that he will be joining me at CarverFest...He will obviously be staying with me in my room. He is an avid photographer and is looking VERY forward to white-water rafting ......I will make the obvious adjustments concerning the food cost for him....He just may be the reason I am into audio so much...I grew up in the 70's with my home always filled with the sounds of Yes, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band on the turntable......
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:20 pm

radioeng2 wrote:I've been working on Lawrence to get him there! I can't think of anybody that would get more out of visiting with Bob than Lawrence would. He can speak the language, understand and ask great questions.

When we share an article, he can read it and get about 3 times as much out of it as I can and explain things that go way beyond the original info! He's an amazing encyclopedia of electronics information and a talented designer. Kind of the electronics world's McGyver!

While I'm planning the whole event this year, I'd really like to find somebody else from over here to drive over with Lawrence, maybe on the weekend. But I'm really looking forward to the event!

Yeah, but what can he do with THIS?!?

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:37 pm

LOL!!!! Probably a few thousand different things!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:32 am

Well fellows, the other shoe has finally dropped.
I will be on travel to Fort Lauderdale during Carverfest ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :(
There is no way I can get out of this one - trust me, I tried.
I would have loved to meet everyone in person. As always, I would welcome any forum member to my house in southern MD, if you are in the area.
Have lots of fun, be safe, and make a little noise (the good kind).
I guess I'll see you on the web... :?
Nelson
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:57 am

garcianc wrote:Well fellows, the other shoe has finally dropped.
I will be on travel to Fort Lauderdale during Carverfest ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :(
There is no way I can get out of this one - trust me, I tried.
I would have loved to meet everyone in person. As always, I would welcome any forum member to my house in southern MD, if you are in the area.
Have lots of fun, be safe, and make a little noise (the good kind).
I guess I'll see you on the web... :?
Nelson

Screw that !!! QUIT, and come anyway :shock:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:10 am

James, I do believe you have exceeded me in promoting OCCD.....

:D :lol: :D
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Well, I start teaching my AutoCAD class again on Aug 24... They don't know I'm going to be gone for a week yet.
And I honestly don't care, I won't be there... They will move my classes around

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'