FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:13 pm

PLEASE have a Carverfest 09 !!

<<

c-more

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:40 pm

PLEASE have a Carverfest 09 !!

I figured Carverfest would be in the far Northwest. The wife and I were ecstatic to find that Carvrfest was so close. Last summer we rode the motorcycles to Deals Gap/Tail-of-the-Dragon (318 curves in 11 miles). Y'all should definitely take that drive...even in a rental car. The road along Fontana Lake to Deals Gap is beautiful too.

Then I realized I can't make it. I retired a few months ago and just agreed to come back as a contractor for the Nuclear Plant for September refueling outage. BUMMED OUT...DEVASTATED just doesn't say it.
I'll be trying to find a substitute, or arrange to have the weekend off.

I'll sure be relieved when you create a Carverfest 09 topic \:D/
CT-3, DPL-33, TFM-42, 2 TFM-6CB's, TD-1440, SD/A-360, MV-5, Thorens TD-115, True Sub
AL-III's
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: PLEASE have a Carverfest 09 !!

c-more wrote:I figured Carverfest would be in the far Northwest.

What's wrong with the far Northwest? After all, this is where Bob and his companies were spawned. While I respect and appreciate all the hard work by several individuals to make Carverfest happen, I don't think having it in a different location is necessarily a bad thing either. Is a change of venue possible at some point in the future?

Thanks to all who have made it a reality!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:31 pm

cmore wrote:I'll sure be relieved when you create a Carverfest 09 topic
Hello cmore and welcome to the Carver Forum. You can feel relieved because you just created the first CF '09 topic.

There will be a Carverfest '09....and '10.....and 11 and so forth. I have to be honest though, this year's CF will be a hard one to trump. For you Northwest guys, a seed has been planted and we hope to have one out there within about 200 miles of Seattle. It may very well be in Canada, still within 200 miles of Seattle, WA. This is still very early in the planning stages and it may not happen there at all. "Things" have to happen first that's not in my control and only time will tell on that one.

The timing is not good right now to discuss possible alternate locations for other CF's due to the amount of time absorbed in completing / planning this years event. Feel free to discuss anything concerning any future Carverfest here in this thread and the powers that be will review it after CF '08.

Just so you know, the logistics are the hardest thing to get right during the organization of any event such as this. In our case, the biggest obstacle is having enough room and clean power. Ranking in second is sleeping arrangements [NO drinking and driving] and ease of taking the available resources, tying them all together so that the event runs smoothly and we can get down to the enjoyment of listening to the rigs and each others company when we get there.

If all goes as it did last year, the attending members will basically sit down before everybody takes off and discuss whether we want to have another one at the cabins or not. If those that attend would like to come back to the same location, there is nothing to stop us from having more than one event per year. The thing about the cabins is that when we get there, we don't have to worry about things. Last year, we gave that location a test run and it passed, with flying colors might I add. It's just a really nice place to be that happens to accommodate all that our group needs for such an event.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

brit01

TFM-45

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Ever thought of having a CarverFest in the beautiful location of Punta Del Este? :D :D :D
We have the best BBQ's in the world along with the best steaks. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Mind you getting your equipment down here will be a little troublesome but you can count at least one member attending.
TFM-55, CT-3, Klipsch F-1, Rotel RCD 930AX
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Treitz, I actually like the idea of having a CarverFest in Canada on the west coast of BC and I actually have a location in mind. We have several forum members who live within an hour drive of there and for us Canadians, no borders to cross!

Granted, this implies that the American members will have to deal with the border crossing, customs, passports, etc... but it also means access to some unique gear that some members up here own which means a different kind of experience for all. Plus, there are dozens of forum members who live within a few hours drive who could attend at a reasonable cost.

I'm going to look into the location I have in mind this weekend and consult with some other Canadian members to see if we could pull this off.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:15 pm

Any input, advice, links and suggestions are more than welcome Marc. See what you can do on your part and just LMK please. We have a lot of members out in the NW part of the states and quite a few in Canada. There is obviously no hurry and anybody who comes across this is more than welcome to speak up and offer a location to consider.

Thanks! TREX. 8)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:40 pm

You of all people know how much effort and how much time goes into organizing these things treitz. This isn't something that you whip up in 2 weeks. I'm not saying that it is going to happen or not, but it is about the right time to start looking into things.

Is anyone out in the Northwest willing to start looking into possibilities on the US side of the border?
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 am

c-more, in regards to your not being able to attend this years Carverfest because you have to work. I think I might be of some help....
Here is what you can do:
In the morning pick up the phone and call in to work. Then just tell them that you won't be coming in to work because you have an eye problem. When they say "really? an eye problem?" you respond with "I JUST CAN'T SEE BEING THERE!" 8) =D> =D> =D>

I think that should be the funny for the day...
Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

c-more

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 pm

That cracked my wife up. :lol: I might have to use that. If you see a black BMW cycle roll up and a bug peppered dude gets off, that'l be me!
She's still teaching, and wants me to go back to work..."I needed more money while you were working - how could you think I'd be happy with less". Jealous wench ! But she was as excited as me about going to Carverfest.
CT-3, DPL-33, TFM-42, 2 TFM-6CB's, TD-1440, SD/A-360, MV-5, Thorens TD-115, True Sub
AL-III's
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:39 am

brit01 wrote:Ever thought of having a CarverFest in the beautiful location of Punta Del Este? :D :D :D

Mind you getting your equipment down here will be a little troublesome but you can count at least one member attending.

Lies I tell Ya, Lies. Everyone knows South Carolina has the world's best BBQ. =P~
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:58 am

skip wrote:
brit01 wrote:Ever thought of having a CarverFest in the beautiful location of Punta Del Este? :D :D :D

Lies I tell Ya, Lies. Everyone knows South Carolina has the world's best BBQ. =P~

I guess it depends on your definition and tastes in BBQ Skip!
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:59 am

OBI, there is only one definition of BBQ. Pit cooked pork using oak and hickory with a mustard base sauce applied after cooking. Yum. All others styles are definantly imposters. Of course, my brother-in-laws Canadian relatives refer to burgers cooked on the grill as BBQ. I was just poking a little fun at our brother to the South.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:15 am

I wonder who coined the term BBQ first ... time for another Google search!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 pm

OBI56 wrote:I wonder who coined the term BBQ first ... time for another Google search!

A Texan

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'