CARVER RESEARCH LIGHTSTAR DIRECT - STEREO PREAMPLIFIER

<<

mewisemagic

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 am

CARVER RESEARCH LIGHTSTAR DIRECT - STEREO PREAMPLIFIER

theres one on ebay if anyone is interested
http://cgi.ebay.com/CARVER-RESEARCH-LIG ... 0246042276
carver ct29v,tfm-15cb,tfm-35x,m1-ot,tlm-3600, pair of 9 t's ,c5,adcom 535 II,oppo 981 dvd, polk sda srs 2.3tl,polk sda srs 1.2
tfm-42,AL-III+, yaqin 10l
<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:41 am

Re: CARVER RESEARCH LIGHTSTAR DIRECT - STEREO PREAMPLIFIER

This looks like a toymaker or a Daves item \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
snarffydoggy
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:47 am

Nope !!! This one is up for grabs !!!!
The reserve is higher than I am willing to pay without the original remote.

GOODLUCK !!!! SOMEONE BUT IT !!!

Skip, U'r looking for a new preamp arn't ou ??
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:28 am

Now this is a good case that illustrates the limitations of PayPal insurance. The BIN is $900, the remote is not the original (which was the ONLY way to control the preamp) and the MAX PayPal protection is $300. Now, this seller has almost 5 hundred transactions to his credit with only a 94% approval rating; that is 29 bad transactions that we KNOW of. 4 red flags that I've been taught on here to watch out for.

Is this item so rare and desirable that it makes everyone giddy enough to disregard common sense precautions? Or am I just too bitchy before my morning coffee???
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:54 am

Slow down..........

My preamp is using a HK remote, just like this guys... IT DOES WORK.

I just got off the phone with the guy after talking for an hour with him
Real nice guy.

He might take $600-700 for it outside eBay if anyone from the forum really wants it.
Give him call.

Barry 660 263 6907
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:00 am

You called the original owner James, not the seller (the ad clearly states that they are 2 different people). 3 of the 4 red flags I raised were with the seller, not the owner and the 4 red flag (the remote) is one you brought up earlier.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:53 am

The new ebay system of rating feedback sucks. He only has 6 negs out of allmost 500 positives but they have been soon enough to drop his feedback considerably. I personally believe this way ebays limits there liability considerably and this why its being done. I wouldndt mind having this but I would want someone local to examine pick up and ship rather than the seller, his negs do concern me, and he wants $154.95 shipping to my addy for a 20lb item packed.

REGARDS SNOW
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:49 am

anyone bidding this thing ???

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 am

I found out that Rolland used to own this one a few years back, that's how the HK remote got programmed.. Rolland sold it to a guy in FL, and this guy bought it from him.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:05 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I found out that Rolland used to own this one a few years back, that's how the HK remote got programmed.. Rolland sold it to a guy in FL, and this guy bought it from him.
Just goes to show how rare these these things are when you can track the few that come up for sale to previous owners, or no ones selling theres there so good or both.

Woo Hoo only 43 more posts and ill be elgible for the amp try out \:D/

REGARDS SNOW
<<

whell

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:41 am

Just to second the fact that the preamp can easily be controlled with a remote other than the original. I programmed a universal remote from the original remote, and put the original remote away for safe-keeping. Its too bad this one on Ebay doesn't have the original remote, but I wouldn't necessarily let that be a limiting factor. However, without the original remote, I wouldn't pay the "Buy it Now" price either.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:53 pm

I'm currently the high bidder. Figure I'll put it up and save it for the day when mine take a shite.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

snow

TFM-25

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Good luck I hope you get it. The way I see it is that it should easily be worth 600-700 just for a parts donor if nothing else. It would probally cost 600 or more to to send yours to rolland get fixed and come back if he could source the parts needed. I see the reserve hasnt been met yet, if you need someone to bump up the price to meet the reserve let me know.

REGARDS SNOW
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:06 pm

A back up's not a bad idea... Hope it doesn't go too high for ya'

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:11 pm

I've bid what I'm willing to go and the reserve hasn't been met.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
Next

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)