FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:04 am

Things to bring to Carverfest..............

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:55 am

Things to bring to Carverfest..............

Just a reminder to all that are planning on attending Carverfest, here's a short list of things to bring as well as some requests.

#1 and most important.....a flashlight with enough batteries to last the event.
#2 - It has been requested that you bring your favorite cup that you normally drink out of. This will help to not waste drinks/suds not to mention it will help with the trash which we would like to keep to a minimum [yeah right].
#3 - Bring things that you might want to sell while the event is going on. We will have a for sale table/area that will be locked up at night.
#4 - Bring a selection of your favorite music and test tracks that you would want to listen to on the various rigs.
#5 If you have any specialty drinks that you want, bring the ingredients. We will not have a bar filled with all the various liquor to make anything you heart desires. If you want a Tequila Sunrise, you had better bring OJ, grenadine syrup and tequila for example.
#6 - Power strips and short heavy duty extension cords. We don't want the same "issues" we had last year concerning this. If you have one or two or even three, bring 'em please. We'd rather have too many than not enough.
#7 - If you have a folding chair for you and your guest(s), be sure to pack them as well. There will NOT be seating provided at the two main host cabins for 50 people so if you want to cop a squat, bring a chair.
#8 - Bring an umbrella and maybe a spare set of shoes [just in case].
#9 - Be sure to pack a swimsuit. I believe that all of the cabins have a jacuzzi and there's nothin' like sippin' a cold one while in the jacuzzi that overlooks some of North Carolina's most beautiful mountains! For the women, the swimsuits are optional. :D
#10 - Bring some extra cash. You might just never know what might be for sale.
#11 - for those that plan on doing some laundry while you are there, bring some detergent.
#12 - just a friendly reminder. If you have trouble getting up the dirt road/hill when you get there, be sure to have the phone list printed out so that you can call for assistance. You might want to try releasing some of the air pressure out of the tires to help with the traction. Don't worry, we will have an air compressor/tire gauge to get the tires back up to where they should be. If you don't have/see the phone list, PM Toymaker or myself.<<<only the attendees can see this phone list as this is for attendees only.

Last year's attendees............

Is there anything else that you remember that isn't on this list? Talk to me.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: Things to bring to Carverfest..............

The only thing to remember is no smoking inside the cabins. [-X [-o< [-o< [-o<
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Definitely NO smoking within the cabins! Don't flick your butts either. That's a quick way to get thrown off the side of the mountain. :evil:

Coolers. If you have a cooler that you can bring, you can use it as a "box" or storage on the way down and we could use some at the main host cabins. Also, when you arrive, try to remember to pick up a bag of ice or two. No matter when you arrive, it will come in handy, trust me.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Hey Tom is there any first aid kits aloted out of the funds. Just in case of little mishaps?
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:14 pm

By letting Rainman loose in the forest for 5 days there better be an emergency room within stumbling distance.......or a heli-pad..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Be happy my wife isn`t comming you would have to have EMS sitting at the back door on call 24/7, she`s and accident waiting to happen. If you are looking for a hole in a cornfield just have her walk accross it once she`ll fall into it.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:27 pm

tfm75 wrote:Hey Tom is there any first aid kits allotted out of the funds?

Nope. If you stumble, fall and cut yourself. You are just gonna have to bleed to death. :-"

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:37 pm

I think my father is bringing his ribbon repair tool kit...
I know there's some SuperGlue in there if anyone gets any big bleeder cuts !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:52 pm

TAKE PHOTOS OF THE ROOMS BEFORE MOVING FURNITURE !!!!

We forgot to do it last year, and we still don't know if the put things back right or not :-"
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:48 pm

If you were traveling with your race team I would also suggest taking pictures of "THE ROOM"
so if the need arises you can prove that there was actually a room there until Scott had an idea and decided to :shock: :shock: ............ well never mind I think you can see where this is going [-( :-# "uh oh" I think the first aid kit was in there....

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 pm

It's starting to sound like we may need to borrow, and use Tom's trailer as "holding pen" for Scott at night...
For his own good of course :-"

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Toy Maker wrote:It's starting to sound like we may need to borrow, and use Tom's trailer as "holding pen" for Scott at night...
For his own good of course :-"

He will tell you it's to protect him which is true because we did give him the orientation as a rookie pit crew guy!
Actually it's all pretty calm as long as our driver is not leading the Clown Troop.

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm bringing a "backup coffeemaker" :D
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Let me fore-warn the entire group...If you feel like you may be falling asleep around Rainman...You MUST announce to the group.."I'M OUT" !!!!! Don't say you weren't warned..... [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

jvandyke_texas

TFM-6cb

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:05 am

Are mosquitoes a problem?
Bring repellent, sunscreen, and probably sun blocking hat, towel for rafting, rain proof windbreaker.
Hiking shoes, shorts, water bottle, maybe backpack, trail snacks, compass, camera, charged batteries, flashlight, maps, area travel books.
Carver manuals to scan and share.

Do we need garbage bags to pack out our trash?

There's a partial packing sheet in the directions link:
http://www.watershedcabins.com/driving/DDWS.pdf
Phase Linear 4000 Series I,II, 700B Series I,II, Carver C-4000 champagne, black, C-4000t, TX-11a, AR-XB, Pioneer PL-512, Speakerlab K
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'