FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Things to bring to Carverfest..............

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Things to bring to Carverfest..............

I didn't see a single bug last year... we kept the doors and windows open most of the time
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:24 am

Scroll all of the way down to see the list jvandyketx is referring to. It includes what the cabins provide and other things that you need to bring.

James, the mosquitos aren't really that bad. I have been up at the cabins 4 or 5 times now and I can't recall there ever being a real bad problem with them. It would be better to come prepared if you are a mosquito magnet though. As far as trash bags? The CF PP fund will take care of trash bags once the bags that are supplied by the cabins runs out. This brings me to another matter that I might as well discuss here.

That matter being trash. We are up in the mountains of NC obviously. The cabins provide two trash cans with locking lids <<<key words. Unless you want to pick up all the trash in the morning, it is strongly advised that you use these lids and lock them! They do have bears, raccoons, chipmunks, squirrels, bobcats and other "critters" that would love nothing more than to rummage through your trash and they will stop at nothing to get that opportunity. Sasquatch also has to sleep sometimes and will not be available for overnight trash security detail. :-" :p

Though the cabins normally don't do this, I have arranged for trash pickup everyday at the main two host cabins. If you fill up your own cabin's trash cans, feel free to bring the trash down to cabin 11 or 12 at the beginning of the day. Please don't give us your trash after the day's events as the main two host cabins will have there fair share of trash themselves. I'm sure that you can imagine that and we don't want all of the trash to sit out in bags that are easy targets for the "critters".
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:00 am

zoothorn wrote:I'm bringing a "backup coffeemaker" :D

I like this guy! Sharp whitted sense of humor while at the same time he is guaranteed to have his morning coffee =D>
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:04 am

Would anyone be interested in hearing a small pair of Martin Logans (Scenarios) on Sunday at CarverFest this year...

(hint, hint...)

It looks like we'll make a "surprise appearance" sometime Sunday morning after all.

I just couldn't pass this one up. No way, no how. Screw work--I don't owe them any loyalty, but YOU GUYS I owe a LOT, so I'm ditching work Sunday, and "Day Tripping" if that's OK with Treitz...

If y'all can make space, I'll bring those same tasty little electrostatics that I brought last year, only this time my Silver 7t's will be fully operational!

--Dreamer (and his sweetie)
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:45 am

YES YES YES Dreamer, will you be early? I head back to Tampa, FL Sunday around noon.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:18 pm

OK, here's the plan. I'm rolling out zero-dark early Sunday morning, hoping to arrive at CarverFest around 10am Sunday.

I'll be bringing my Silver 7t's, my C-4000t, the Oppo and Benchmark DAC, and my Martin Logan Scenarios. And of course, a full compliment of my usual weirdo cables.

Unfortunately, my sweety needs to be somewhere Monday morning, so she's not going to tag along this year. I'm planning to stay the night, and head home Monday morning.

I'm VERY sad that I couldn't be there for the whole weekend, but at least I'll get this one day in with you crazy people. I'll be trying to squeeze a whole weekend's worth of fun into less than 24 hours...

From what I hear, I'll have the only Electrostatic speakers at the 'Fest again, so hopefully anyone who hasn't heard such speakers can get a chance to listen. I don't know where I'll be setting up the "Dreamer Rig" this year, but from what Treitz told me on the phone, y'all will have that all figured out by the time I get there Sunday.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all--re-connecting with old friends from last 'Fest, and meeting some new people too. I'm especially looking forward to meeting Bob Carver in person (something I've dreamed about for over 20 years!).

See you Sunday!!!

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 08'