FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 am

All known Carver repair shops list is right here....

<<

MC Perk

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:45 pm

Re: All known Carver repair shops list is right here....

Ditto.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:08 pm

Thanks MCPerk for the bump tonight. This was one of those things that I completely forgot to get back to once James made it to where I could.

The first post and all associated links to this repair shop list are now updated.

Personal note to myself, TREX if you update this thread.....jump over here and do this one as well. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1544&p=45865#p45865
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

kloneman1

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:22 am

treitz3 wrote:Thanks MCPerk for the bump tonight. This was one of those things that I completely forgot to get back to once James made it to where I could.

The first post and all associated links to this repair shop list are now updated.

Personal note to myself, TREX if you update this thread.....jump over here and do this one as well. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1544&p=45865#p45865

What is the story on the Austin TX shop? I do have a Sunfire True Subwoofer that needs some amp repairs as well as have the mass cemented back onto the passive radiator.
Kloneman
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:02 am

Kloneman, the shops listed here are for carver equipment. Sunfire is a completely different story as only the factory can repair those units. Sunfire has never released service manuals, parts list or any other service litterature so any shop looking at one of their pieces will only be able to guess at best.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

kloneman1

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:29 am

OBI56 wrote:Kloneman, the shops listed here are for carver equipment. Sunfire is a completely different story as only the factory can repair those units. Sunfire has never released service manuals, parts list or any other service litterature so any shop looking at one of their pieces will only be able to guess at best.

Thanks for the information. It is amazing that such different support options divide the two lines, considering that they share design heritage.
Kloneman
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:38 am

Kloneman, I wish it were as simple as having the same design philosophy. Carver at least had service manuals, schematics and parts lists available. Carver has been out of business for several years and all of the original documentation was lost. Luckily the service manuals were widely distributed to service shops and were also available to the public so many of them are floating around all over the place. People here on the Forum have been collecting them over the years and we now have a respectable, but by no means complete, collection of both Users and Service Manuals.

Sunfire's corporate philosophy is to have all their service done in-house exclusively so they actually never produced service manuals and schematics, even for their own service people who work from the design specifications and schematics to fix them.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:31 am

Boy, we need to make a raid on Sunfire and find the right filing cabinet.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Reese

TFM-75

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:36 am

=D> =D> =D> \:D/
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

kloneman1

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:57 pm

OBI56 wrote:Kloneman, I wish it were as simple as having the same design philosophy. Carver at least had service manuals, schematics and parts lists available. Carver has been out of business for several years and all of the original documentation was lost. Luckily the service manuals were widely distributed to service shops and were also available to the public so many of them are floating around all over the place. People here on the Forum have been collecting them over the years and we now have a respectable, but by no means complete, collection of both Users and Service Manuals.

Sunfire's corporate philosophy is to have all their service done in-house exclusively so they actually never produced service manuals and schematics, even for their own service people who work from the design specifications and schematics to fix them.

I recently downloaded a PDF file containing the User's Manual for the PM-1201. I liked the idea of having a schematic and theory of operation handy, even if it wasn't a full blown service manual. Back in the old days when I was a tech, we had "Sams PhotoFact" folders on all the stuff we serviced. Those were cool.
Kloneman
<<

kloneman1

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:01 pm

BillD wrote:Boy, we need to make a raid on Sunfire and find the right filing cabinet.

Count me in when you make the raid. I would like to take a stab at repairing my True Subwoofer amp while I still can see well enough to do so. I've repaired the coax cables inside monitors and done some logic board repairs on laptops, and even repaired the traces of a USB wireless G adapter, so I should be up for it, grin.
Kloneman
<<

armophob

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:51 pm

kloneman1 wrote:Count me in when you make the raid.

I am collecting torches and pitchforks for the night we all gather and storm the CastleSunfire.
<<

MC Perk

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:53 am

Is there a way to create this list on an actual linkable page? Perhaps outside of the forum? I'm part of other forums and it'd be great to be able to direct them to a page.

Thanks!
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:12 pm

MC Perk wrote:Is there a way to create this list on an actual linkable page? Perhaps outside of the forum? I'm part of other forums and it'd be great to be able to direct them to a page.

Thanks!

You were reading my mind MC Perk. Actually I'm hard at work on making uneditable pages with pertinent information; 1 for repair shops, 1 for hard to find parts, etc ....
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm

Hmmmmm..Should I go to Sunfire...?.They are right up the street from me.. :-k
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:26 pm

stevewithrow wrote:Hmmmmm..Should I go to Sunfire...?.They are right up the street from me.. :-k

I hope that someone will be covering this topic at CarverFest.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum