FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Is the live feed from Carverfest up yet?? How do I access it

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Re: Is the live feed from Carverfest up yet?? How do I access it

Yes Bob did offer up a pair of CRM2's for raffle. I think I heard skip won them.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:40 pm

I remember seeing somewhere that he was bringing a pair of CRM-3s with him to demo .........
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:20 am

OBI56 wrote:I remember seeing somewhere that he was bringing a pair of CRM-3s with him to demo .........

Do you mean CRS-3s?
I just bought a pair of those - took them out of the box when I got home last night. So far, so good. One thing is for sure, they are beautiful.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:35 am

You are correct Garcianc, the model numbers are not consistent. There are CRM-2s and CRS-3s. The first are free standing, the latter are wall mount and have an extra woofer. Tell us how you like the sound of them.
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:23 pm

I really liked them. Of course, they need a sub, but they sound much, much bigger than they are.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Weitrhino, you have to upgrade your your signature now ....
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:28 pm

not to derail,, but I just heard from Roy(engtaz,0, after some unexpected tire issues,, he made it home safely,, just spoke with him ,,glad you made it,,there and back--george
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:13 pm

Okay, now that I have picked myself up from the floor! Awesome pics. I have to empty my drool bucket now. Looks like a lot of nice gear and sounds like everyone had a blast. Kudos to the event planners. I will just have to start saving for the next one!!! :) Hopefully Mr. Carver had enough of a good time to visit again.
OCCD claims another victim!!

Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: TFM-55; C-16; SD/A-490t; TD-1770; BEDROOM: HR-772
Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

"I may be poor, but I am rich in sound!!"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:24 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen of the forum! Treitz3 here. I'm just checking in and letting everybody know that I'm home, I'm safe and I'm tired. I hope that everybody who attended had a great time and I hope to see you all again next year.

For the forum members who may not know, Bob is planning on being here again next year. He kept saying that he was having the time of his life and absolutely ate up the passion the attending members had with audio.

I [we] apologize about the live feed not being able to work this year. If it wasn't one snag, it was another. Anyway, I'm tired and I want to see my wife so I'll just say that many, many more pictures and videos will be put up on this website. I think we have a combined 4 or more hours of Bob and the Q&A. Give us some time to recover, unpack, breathe and settle back into reality and you will see them all as time allows.

Ok, that's it. I have a date with my wife and a nice, soft pillow.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:31 pm

Get some rest. Those of us that couldn't be there can wait another day!
OCCD claims another victim!!

Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: TFM-55; C-16; SD/A-490t; TD-1770; BEDROOM: HR-772
Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

"I may be poor, but I am rich in sound!!"
<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm

treitz3 wrote:
For the forum members who may not know, Bob is planning on being here again next year. He kept saying that he was having the time of his life and absolutely ate up the passion the attending members had with audio.

You just made my night. Maybe my whole week! :)
Was afraid I had missed my chance to meet Bob.

Glad to hear you made it home safe.
TFM-45, M1.0t, C-19, CT-27v - More to come! :)
<<

FesteLV

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:11 pm

Thanks Tom to you and all the attendees to the Fest.

Rest, recover, relax, and reconnect when when you can. :)
Feste
Las Vegas

C-4000t, TX-11a, Silver 9t(2), M-1.0t(2), SD/A 490t, Apogee Calipers
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:09 am

Just a quick recap of a few things I recall from the Fest this year:

-it be the HELL out of last year's event!

-we had least 8 rigs set up, and I'm sorry to say I never got the opportunity to hear George's (zoothorn).

-Bob Carver was most approachable & it was quite clear he had an EXCELLENT time! I had an opportunity to steal about 30 minutes of his time. We talked about the history of how I got my system together (he said of my AL-IIIs "they're MINT!") and also about an easy physical mod to counter the 7-8k ribbon resonance WITHOUT a notch filter in the crossover/eq. Look for details of this in a later post! HINT: check out the front of the new Sunfire Cinema Ribbons. He came to me on three different occasions & asked to hook up his tube amps to my system~what an honor! (It sounded FANTASTIC, BTW)

-radioeng2 (Mark) made CF '08 CDs for everyone with selected recordings, which were incredible. Some of the finest & interesting recordings I've experienced. I'm pretty certain he said he'd be happy to provide a copy to anyone who's interested, but check with him to be certain. For sure, Mark has a very BROAD & DEEP knowledge of the audio/electronics world. I had several opportunities to pick his brain & it was most enlightening. He's a GREAT guy, to boot!

-Thanks to engtaz for being a dynamo of energy & helping out ALL OVER! He took several memory cards from folks who had been taking photos & copied them onto CDs which were signed by Bob C. himself & distributed to all there.

-We're planning to consolidate all the video & photos onto (hopefully) a single DVD, which might possibly contain radioeng2's music CD as well, if possible. It will take some time, though; so please be patient. engtaz (Roy) has volunteered to do this-thanks! =D>

-There was WAY too little time to accomplish all we wanted to get done! Sadly, I was not able to audition Rainman's PS Audio cables on my system, which was one of my goals. James & Tom were overwhelmed with stuff & I'm going to try to help them next year & maybe get things delegated out to different members to spread the burden around.

-Bob relentlessly signed everything we put in front of him; I'm certain he was suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome by the end of the week! A HUGE thanks out to him for putting up with a bunch of drooling goobs falling over ourselves at sight of him....he is really just a great person & made everyone feel completely as ease. Once we were over the euphoria of meeting him, it was as easy to talk to him as anyone else at the Fest. He was interested in everyone's systems & eagerly swallowed up details of how we did what & what we thought about things. If you asked him a question about his thoughts on how something might sound, he'd say "I don't know, let's TRY it!" I only HOPE I have his energy level & spark of life when I'm his age. James (Toy Maker) made an EXQUISITE plaque for Bob (pics to come) that was all signed with gold & silver pens. Bob was pretty close to tears when James presented it to him.

-The surroundings in the Great Smoky Mountains was fantabulous! Hot tubs on the deck, plenty of fresh air, things to do within a few miles, TONS to keep you busy in audio listening & discussion. Who could ask for more?!?

-Ray (MagnaRyder) was a tour de force with the meals! Those who didn't make it TRULY missed some of the finest meals ever served. THANKS RAY!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

-Jesse (F1Nut) looks NOTHING like his avatar, just to clear that up! :D :D :D Also, he's nowhere near as "gruff" in person (sorry to destroy the illusion, Jesse!). I'd also like to add that he has one of the CLEANEST sounding (& looking) systems I've ever experienced. Truly a sonic treat & sexy eye candy, too.

-HUGE thanks to James, Tom, Ray & everyone else who helped for pulling off an OUTFUCKINSTANDING CarverFest! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

-Last, I'm really sorry we were not able to get the streaming video feed up for the rest of you out there. I know you were waiting eagerly & it must have been a disappointment. However, some of us tried to post a few notes & pics to give you some idea of what was going on.

That's about it for now; I'm sure others will be posting more over the next few days. Thanks to those who've already posted details of the event to the forum! More to come....

Gary
Last edited by TNRabbit on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

brit01

TFM-45

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:08 am

Excellent review Gary. Hats off to you.

Did Bob make any comment about attending further CarverFestivals?? 8)
TFM-55, CT-3, Klipsch F-1, Rotel RCD 930AX
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 am

He committed to next year! =D> =D>
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'