FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 am

>>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

I'll just shut up now ....
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

stevewithrow

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1327

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 am

Location: Great NorthWest.....Carver Country..

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

Oh man..count me in with what ever you need...... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<..sorry bout the link...
Last edited by stevewithrow on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:16 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

I cabin for 6 .... where do the 50 other people stay?
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 6211

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

The distance thing really sucks for a lot of us doesn't it ? :-({|=

Marc,
To answer your earlier suggestion, well ?
Trying to haul a shitload of electronics gear through customs doesn't sound like much fun to me.
I can only imagine what might happen to it all' and us ? Scary.
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

That was one of the issues that caused initial plans for something in BC not to get off the ground very well. Maybe the almost dozen lower mainland BC members could organize their own mini CF. I know someone wanted to have one in or arond Toronto but with about half a dozen members or so, it might not be possible. So, Washington State or Oregon seems to be it for now if the West coasters want their own CF.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 6211

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

OBI56 wrote:That was one of the issues that caused initial plans for something in BC not to get off the ground very well. Maybe the almost dozen lower mainland BC members could organize their own mini CF. I know someone wanted to have one in or arond Toronto but with about half a dozen members or so, it might not be possible. So, Washington State or Oregon seems to be it for now if the West coasters want their own CF.


I always knew you were a reasonable man Marc.
To bad about that Northern border between us. :(
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

Just throwing out ideas here Rick. Not like I'd be able to attend in any one of the proposed locations.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

maddmaxxx

User avatar

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Posts: 2985

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:18 pm

Location: the World We Skate Our 'Choppers' Thru

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:00 am

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

Mr. M-500t wrote:
bigerik wrote:Being in the other side of the continent, the distance is a greater issue for me of course. So much so that a west coast fest might cause me to not be able to attend.
But my main concern is that the present location and facilities look just about perfect. I mean, from the pics I have seen, could there be more beautiful surroundings?


You really haven't seen the west coast have you ?
I'm not trying to thwart the East Coast CF at all. I would just like the chance to participate in one.
I'm just fishing for willing West Coasters that might want to get together for one of our own, maybe before or while the East Coast one is going on. {Sounds} Fun !
Of course all who would like to attend are welcome.




-defecters welcome ???
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Posts: 2462

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Location: So Cal

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:25 am

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

I've been looking for a location since I got off the plane from NC. I found one in central Ca. Iy is called "Zaca Lake"

I want all of you to google it and check it out.

It seems a little "rustic" (read primative) especially after the watershed cabins. We are not likely to find another place like that on the west coast. I don't know what the cost is but one advantage is a full restaurant style kitchen available. The cabins (most of them) however don't have kitchens. None have TV etc. But all have elect. though they are smaller.

I was thinking of a mini fest in Feb (when its cold back east) to give incentive.

I will post more when I get more info.

FrankieD
<<

audiophile101

User avatar

TFM-55

Posts: 725

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:01 am

Location: Chicago

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:01 am

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

.
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 6211

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:23 am

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

frankieD wrote:I've been looking for a location since I got off the plane from NC. I found one in central Ca. Iy is called "Zaca Lake"

I want all of you to google it and check it out.

It seems a little "rustic" (read primative) especially after the watershed cabins. We are not likely to find another place like that on the west coast. I don't know what the cost is but one advantage is a full restaurant style kitchen available. The cabins (most of them) however don't have kitchens. None have TV etc. But all have elect. though they are smaller.

I was thinking of a mini fest in Feb (when its cold back east) to give incentive.

I will post more when I get more info.

FrankieD


I'll check it out tonight Frank.
http://www.zacalakeretreat.com/information.htm
<<

bigerik

User avatar

TFM-25

Posts: 308

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:08 am

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

Hmmmmm....
February in CA, huh? This idea could have some merit.... :)
TFM-45, M1.0t, C-19, CT-27v - More to come! :)
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 6211

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

I like it Frank.
What are the prices per night ?
I was going to try to find something in Oregon so it was closer for the Washington members.
It'll be close to 800 miles for me.
<<

OBI56

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4964

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:52 am

Location: You ... OFF MY PLANET!

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

But do they have enough power for half a dozen Carver sound systems???
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 6211

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: >>>2009 West Coast CarverFest Feeler Thread<<<

OBI56 wrote:But do they have enough power for half a dozen Carver sound systems???


LOL, probably cause rolling blackouts ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 09'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.