FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:51 pm

The Interviews

<<

SteveFord

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:46 pm

The Interviews

I didn't get a chance to ask - exactly what is that lady planning on doing with the interviews that she conducted, does anyone know?
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Re: The Interviews

I hope she posts a copy of whatever it is here.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:15 pm

???????
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

SteveFord

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 pm

The woman who was with Bob was interviewing everyone about why they were at CarverFest.
She snagged me by saying she liked Frank Zappa.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:06 pm

I spoke to her for a little while about it....

She is/was a NY lawyer, and is branching out into freelance journalism. (I think)
From what I recall, she is going to be writing a story based around Bob, and she was looking for more input from us the fans.
She said she was going to try to have it published, and she had a couple magazines in mind. I guess she knows a few people.
I also recall her saying she worked for a audio magazine in the past, and was told what to write about certain equipment...

I guess we will have to see what she comes up with. I am looking forward to seeing what comes from all this. =D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:23 pm

I apologize to everyone. I have been extremely busy the past week or so. To answer a little bit of the OP question, here is an incomplete writeup of Carverfest that I was working on. There is more to come later and I will post it in a separate post. Here is the incomplete writeup of some of the experiences and happenings at CF '08.......

Treitz3 here, chiming in finally. First off I’d like to tell everybody that Carverfest killed my phone and then it got lost somehow in the shuffle. I will have a new phone sometime Friday or Monday. I apologize in advance to those that wanted to call immediately before the event, during the event and after the event.

That said, WOW! What an experience! Carverfest ’08 was definitely something that you had to experience and is not something that we can post about or even come close to relaying to those who did not make it what actually happened, what took place or the different sounds that we all heard. The amount of gear and systems we had this year was definitely a treat for me and most everybody who attended. I’d like to thank everybody who brought entire rigs, music and gear to listen too.

Having Bob Carver at the second Carverfest was a real treat. I thought I was a fan of the man before I actually met him. I was wrong. I have always been a fan of his gear and what he has done to the world of audio with his innovations. Now, after having met the man himself while enjoying various rigs, eating, chatting, discussing audio, hangin’ around with him, learning more about the actual man himself I can truly say that now I really am a Carver fan. A fan of the truest kind, both for the man himself and for his gear and innovations.

From the moment I first talked to him on the phone while back in Charlotte, I could tell I was talking to a real down to earth cat. I have met many a millionaire and engineer throughout my life and I can honestly say that even though he qualifies as both of the aforementioned, he was definitely not what I was expecting. After our first couple of conversations I could tell that he was just another audiophile that truly had a passion for music and its reproduction. He was a gentleman, he was very polite and he was for the most part just “one of the gang” and not that multimillionaire engineer I was kind of expecting. One of the first things he said to me was that he was honored to be coming to an event like this, even though in my mind the honor was completely ours.

When I finally met him at the cabins, he did not change nor disappoint. I have always said that it would have been great to be by his side working with him for all of those years and now I know that it would have been fun. He’s the type of cat you would want to hang around with.

He brought a very nice lady with him [Margaret] that interviewed most, if not all of the attendees to get there take on Bob, his gear and general information so that she could write up an article that documented the people who attended and the event. I asked her which publication that she was going to present the article to at Carverfest and at that point, she did not know but keep your eyes peeled. She agreed to let us post the article on this forum after its completion and I will be in contact with her as time marches on to keep this forum updated as to any news concerning the article. I’m quite sure that she writes a lot better than I. She flew in from New York and has known Bob for around five years or so. They met at a trade show [IIRC, it was CEDIA] and have been friends ever since.

Unfortunately for Bob, when he flew into Charlotte, NC he was supposed to rendezvous with her at the Charlotte Airport but the airlines had other plans. Her original flight was canceled and when she finally did fly in, her luggage was missing in action so they had to wait some more. At this point Bob had been in Charlotte restaurants eating and just chillin’ at the hotel for over 24 hours. I personally lost contact with Bob once I hit the mountains both because of non-reception and because Carverfest literally killed my phone so I don’t know when he actually hit the road from Charlotte to head to the Second Carverfest.

What I do know is that we were all concerned for him but nobody who tried to get a hold of him could once we arrived at the cabins at around 2:00 pm. It wasn’t until somewhere around 10 or 11:00 or so late that night that I saw a silhouette of what I thought was Bob walking past the big window in Hell’s Kitchen [the food cabin]. What’s funny was everybody was just chatting away with the different conversations and I wanted to mess with folks just a little bit and announce that Bob had arrived. As I was waiting for the noise level to die down a tad, I looked up and low and behold…….Bob was there.

Engtaz [Roy] walked in with this shit eatin’ grin on his face and said “Bob’s here!” as Bob walked in behind him. The Carverfest was on at this point! Kind of. Apparently Bob had gotten his car stuck on the hill leading up to the cabins. His rental car was about 4 inches away from hitting a tree and if he had done anything else, he would have ended up in the tree, so a crew went out to save the car that held those, oh so precious amps.

To be continued................
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 am

That's funny, I thought her name was Marjorie...also I didn't know she was interviewing folks....
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:09 am

Hey Gary, I believe you are correct. Her name is Marjorie IIRC.

I did know about the interviews though. The above is also correct, she plans on freelancing an article on Bob & the interviews will be either in the article or provide insight for the article.

FrankieD
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 am

I'm surprised you didn't get interviewed, Gary. Marjorie told me she was attempting to get to everybody. I suppose as the numbers grew it became harder to do. I found her to be a good conversationalist with insightful questions. Asked if she would notify us if and when she published, she told me it would be OK with her to publish on this very forum.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 am

I didn't get interviewed either Image Don't feel too bad.
Seemed she was interviewing all the OLD people :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Then I'm really surprised Gary didn't get interviewed.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

TNRabbit

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:26 pm

BillD wrote:Then I'm really surprised Gary didn't get interviewed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*whew*....tears in my eyes from THAT one...hehehe.
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:30 pm

I'm surprised you didn't say something like — Coming from you?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I didn't get interviewed either Image Don't feel too bad.
Seemed she was interviewing all the OLD people :lol:

Actually she was only interviewing the smart people with something valid to contribute.

I know this because she interviewed me.

FrankieD
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:00 pm

She tried a few day to interview me then got me as I was leave to go home.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'