It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:13 am

The Interviews

<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: The Interviews

Isn't crown just a vitamin supplement, or is that Makers Mark?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:17 pm

They both are BillD! Like his and hers!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:18 pm

I'm sure either will do in a pinch 8-[
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:37 pm

I know we knocked the bottom out of THREE half-gallons of Crown there...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:48 pm

I know I help a little on that too boy did they go down too easy!! LOL!!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Toy Maker wrote:
Magnaryder wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:I don't recall her interviewing you... did she ?

Several times

ray

Probably cause he had no idea what you were blubbering about 1/2 the time with all the Crown missing :lol:

I think he used it in the food so much, just to have an excuse to have it right by his side all day :lol:

I used Crown or wine in everything. No chance of food borne germs that way :-) Yeah, Rabbit and I put a serious hurt on the Crown and our livers during CF'08. Never did get anythuing more than a mild buzz. Guess we'll have to try harder next year.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 pm

Hope there weren't any recovering alcoholics attending CF this year.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:20 am

OBI56 wrote:Hope there weren't any recovering alcoholics attending CF this year.

They probably weren't recovering while they were there.... :)
TFM-45, M1.0t, C-19, CT-27v - More to come! :)
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:10 am

BillD wrote:Isn't crown just a vitamin supplement, or is that Makers Mark?

I think my wife explained it best when she said "Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency"! That seemed to simplify things for some of us... no names will be mentioned at this time, but you know who you are. :-&

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Rainwoman

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:03 am

Carverfest is no place for quiters :)

Just adding my 5 cents about Marjorie. I recall her saying that she is not a full time free lance writer and that she doesn't write for a living. She wasn't sure where or when it would be published. She wasn't even sure where she would go with all of the information yet. At the time she didn't have a specific storyline or direction in mind. At one point she did say that whatever she wrote, she would either post it on the forum or email it to someone who would. Regardless of what direction she takes, it should be fantastic! When I asked more about her project, she told me that she said wanted to interview as many people as possible since Carverfest offered her the opportunity to talk to a large and diverse group of audiophiles As individuals we each had a unique story but as a collective bunch we our outstanding subject matter. Makes sense since the majority of attendees and devoted followers traveled from all over the country (most with gear) to spend 5 days at a Carver Audio revival in the mountains of NC. Everyone there was from different state each with different backgrounds and all with different careers in fields that would not normally interact with one another. Ages ranges were covered too....geez we had attendees from one end of age spectrum to the other.
If this wasn't enough of a storyline add to the fact that until recently, Bob had no idea that he had a "fan club" nor did he have any idea that he had made such an impact to so many people. He comes to Carverfest and finds himself surrounded by playmates on an audio playground overflowing with toys and equipment. That story alone would make a great article.

Regardless of whether you attended Carverfest and you were interviewed or not, every member of this forum will be included in the finished article in someway. =D>
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile."
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Cool, I'm doing something worthwhile. :-"
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Rainwoman

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:49 am

F1nut wrote:

Cool, I'm doing something worthwhile. :-"

Yes, and from what I gather, once you find a cause you apply yourself and work hard to achieve desired results. Sounds like you are doing a damn fine job! Keep up the good work!
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:46 pm

Rainman wrote:
BillD wrote:Isn't crown just a vitamin supplement, or is that Makers Mark?

I think my wife explained it best when she said "Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency"! That seemed to simplify things for some of us... no names will be mentioned at this time, but you know who you are. :-&

Rainman

Why don't you just say Ray and Gary drank all the Crown Royal(1 and 1/2 gallons)....in 5 days. And no I didn't even get a buzz. Damn it!!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You Da man Ray :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:52 pm

When you stop to think, Carver Corp. isn`t that old of a company, but there were 3 generations of Carver fans there, me, Toymaker, and DevilSpawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'