FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:06 am

Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:03 pm

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

How about doing steaks one night. Easy enough to do. No huge prep time. Could we swing a bunch of decent steak like Delmonicos or something?
TFM-45, M1.0t, C-19, CT-27v - More to come! :)
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:09 pm

Actually, that is what I spoke to Ray about today...
He has offered to do his:

"Petite Fillet" with his Crown, Honey, and Peppercorn marinade.
That kicked ass this year Ray !!!! Mmmmmmmmm
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Actually, that is what I spoke to Ray about today...

Well, that beats the crap out of the steaks I was thinking of making.... :D
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:53 pm

I just added a 2nd dish for myself...
My kids asked me to add one of the dishes that they really like, that I make once in a while. It's super easy... pretty much, throw everything in a pot, and let it simmer for an hour or 2

Beef Meatballs slow cooked in beef gravy, over egg noodles.

Angelic also wants me to make a desert I got off my mother.
Rasberry/jello/creamcheese mold, and a
Orange/jello/creamcheese mold
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:09 pm

I only took half of my cutting board with me for CF08, guess I'll have to bring the rest of it for CF09 !!!! Bring on those steaks baby !!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

What you say guys !!!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:08 pm

bigerik wrote:How about doing steaks one night. Easy enough to do. No huge prep time. Could we swing a bunch of decent steak like Delmonicos or something?

I've done alot of research into the 'Delmonico' steak. I'f someone wants to do it maybe we could talk Eddie into cutting them, the cook of the day could pound them down and do the prep and we all could enjoy your work. I love eating someone elses cooking.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 pm

I'll be doing my garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus too. And if you ask nicely maybe a couple of carrot cakes.

ray
Last edited by Magnaryder on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:51 pm

I'll be doing my garlic mashed potatoes and roatsed asparagus too. And if you ask nicely maybe a couple of carrot cakes.

ray

I think Rainwoman said that the carrot cakes are for TNRabbit. :D

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 am

My wife has volunteered to make up some baked Ziti...
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I just added a 2nd dish for myself...
My kids asked me to add one of the dishes that they really like, that I make once in a while. It's super easy... pretty much, throw everything in a pot, and let it simmer for an hour or 2

Beef Meatballs slow cooked in beef gravy, over egg noodles.

Angelic also wants me to make a desert I got off my mother.
Rasberry/jello/creamcheese mold, and a
Orange/jello/creamcheese mold

Do you see a trend here?

ray
Magnaryder

<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:23 pm

If people can stand chillie and soup in the same meal I can do it. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM YUM YUM, over rice and with crackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

DaveS

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 pm

I wish they had a big hole in the ground up there, we could cook a whole( litttle) hog, but the ground is so hard and rocky I dont see that happein`. Would be easy and we could all sit around and watch it cook while we got drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or at least happy. ToyMaker gets to make the desert Eclair cake.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:08 pm

DaveS wrote:I wish they had a big hole in the ground up there, we could cook a whole( litttle) hog, but the ground is so hard and rocky I dont see that happein`. Would be easy and we could all sit around and watch it cook while we got drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or at least happy. ToyMaker gets to make the desert Eclair cake.

A truly inspired idea!
No way to make it happen? (the hog part, not the drinking... :) )
<<

DaveS

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:20 pm

That ground is so hard and rocky it would take a week to dig a pit the right size, about 4X5X5. Know anyone with a backhoe? And we would still need some big rocks for the inside. Football size. AND a mountian of firewood. I don`t think they would let us do it but it would be fine eatin`. Potatos, carorts, and just about anything else you wanted to stick in it.
Last edited by DaveS on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:23 pm

NO NO NO NO...

Keep It Simple

Just throw some ham hunks in the oven....

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 09'